**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Falcon takes Degen from Dormammu while Lock On is active

As the title says, Falcon does not reduce Dormammu’s defensive ability from triggering, as he should do.

Comments

• RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    If it is an offensive ability it could bypass the Lock On ability.
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    edited November 2020
    Dormammu’s Degenerations does not activate when he lands an attack, so it should be considered a Defensive Ability. Please confirm this, I am not sure about the limit between Offensive and Defensive.
    I always considered as Offensive those abilities that trigger when the character is attacking (i.e. landing a hit, activatin a special) and as Defensive those abilities that trigger when the character is not attacking (i.e. being attacked, being struck, standing still, parrying, etc.).
    edited November 2020
    I attach the frames since I cannot upload the video.

Isn’t there an official statement or description about what a defensive/offensive ability is?
  • muddy17muddy17 Posts: 225
    edited November 2020
    Lol, his degen only triggers when a active buff expires on you.. so it’s neither offensive or defensive in nature. As stated it’s a general ability.. lock on reduces daa... but there are nodes and aar immune are not affected... so it makes sense that it would not prevent degen.. that’s the only debuff kabam has no counter for
    muddy17 said:

Lol, his degen only triggers when a active buff expires on you.. so it’s neither offensive or defensive in nature. As stated it’s a general ability.. lock on reduces daa... but there are nodes and aar immune are not affected... so it makes sense that it would not prevent degen.. that’s the only debuff kabam has no counter for

Actually, Hulk Ragnarok is a pretty good counter.
    You can counter it also while phasing using Ghost, with Hood synergy.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification.
    HI_guys said:

muddy17 said:

Would you classify limbo as a defensive Ability or offensive ability? Is Voids debuffs an offensive abiloty or defensive Ability? Is Dooms unblockable special an offensive it defensive Ability?
    Magik Limbo activates whilst you hit her and make her power to fill one of her bars: I always explained it in this way, and in fact wile Lock On is up she doesn’t activate Limbo.
    Doom’s Unblockable Special is surely an Offensive Ability, since it is activated when he launches an attack.
    Void debuffs are really controversial: I never stopped them from activating, not even with Blade, and I gues that they are general abilities (neither offensive or defensive). Appearently, judging from the “hitting” point of view, since there is a little delay in Dormammu’s degen to activate after you land the hit that makes the dexterity to vanish, it should be considered in this way.
    This is what I understood from previous comments.