**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Guardian

BlôdletterBlôdletter Posts: 444 ★★★
edited November 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Popped out of my legendary crystal 2 days ago (5* ofc). I can give him awakening gem and about 100 stones right now. I'm asking is he worth gem and even R5? Got already couple of essential champs R5/R2.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    I have had him as R5 for a little over a month now. Roughly half the time he was at low sig, and the other half at sig 200. There isn't much difference to his core strengths (huge SP2 damage after short ramp up, ability to block specials, energy based attacks), aside from survivability.

At high sig, he gains more survivability utility - better block proficiency, minimize a good chunk of unavoidable damage (Magik's limbo, Iceman's coldsnap, nodes that apply incinerate or shock or bleeds).

I'd say he is definitely worth R5. I also have Warlock at R5, and have been bringing Guardian with me more often unless heal-block utility is needed.

In terms of the awakening - most tech champions don't strictly need their sig ability. I pulled a Ghost shortly afterwards, and don't regret at all having already spent sig/AG resources on Guardian, as Ghost can still do all her Ghostly things. Aside from G2099, I have pulled most of the tech champions that I'd want to rank up, and none of them have a Tech sig ability I'd be salivating over.

So my suggestion would be if you have another Tech champion that you are hoping to get and R5, just compare that champion's sig ability to Guardian.
  • Options
    BlôdletterBlôdletter Posts: 444 ★★★
    Alright, thanks for tips!
    Will defo look at him, I think I got better r5 choices rn, but I really like this champ, so I think his turn might come soon.