**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

IMMORTAL HULK! 🤜 Pro’s, Cons & Suggestions....

War_BirdWar_Bird Posts: 242 ★★★

Ohh, Immortal Hulk. I think it’s fair to say a large majority of us are pretty disappointed with MCOC’s latest version of the Green Goliath. He’s the kind of champion we were all hoping for, yet didn’t receive. But, I’m not here to simply say “iHulk sUccs make him bhettr!” I’m here to be constructive, & discuss all the pros & cons with this guy. So let’s go...

THE PROS!

⚫︎ The Animations & Feel of Playing Him
Not only are the animations spectacular, highlighting the radiant gamma in his veins & the anger in his eyes, but you literally FEEL like the Hulk when you play him. The way he slightly grows as you play him & the slight vibration you feel on his mediums, it’s quite awesome. Not to mention that bada** heavy thunder clap!

⚫︎ High Risk, High Reward Play-Style
This type of play style really suits Hulk, as the more damage he takes, the angrier & stronger he gets! The way this play style was implemented, I do have issues with. But overall this style of play really suits the Hulk & allows you to blitz down opponents quickly like the Hulk should.

⚫︎ Complex & Unique
While we have had “High Risk, High Reward” champions in the past, no champions play style is quite like iHulks, & I like that Kabam tried something new. And with a few teaks, this could be a really be a fun play style!

THE CONS!

⚫︎ High Risk, High.... Reward??
iHulk has extremely high damage. Only issue is, all that damage comes from an Immortal Phase, that simply doesn’t last long enough. As a R3 6-Star with Full Suicides, he is unable to blitz opponents in Act 6 or even the Varients without it getting really scetchy. Sitting at 1 health point is just too risky... which brings us to the next con of this character.

⚫︎ The Risk is Too High
Sitting at a single health point for over 30secs is just too much. And to make matters worse, he has no way to reduce damage during this period, like other High Risk champions do. Thing has his protection, IMIW has extremely high Block Proficiency + Armor, & Nick Fury has an additional 30% Health in the tank. With iHulk, you are waiting nearly a full minute to reactivate Immortality, just to quickly almost kill yourself once more. This risk is too high for most players to consider worth it. Not to mention that if it’s an opponent like Punisher that has an unavoidable Special Attack, you are toast.

⚫︎ The Whiffs & Misses
I’m not sure if this is a bug or not, but often times his medium doesn’t trigger after an SP1. This prevents a more aggressive play style that iHulk requires. Also, his Heavy Attack, while it looks super f**king cool, has a very short reach that prevents heavy chains & literally landing any heavy attack outside of parrying.

How Would I Fix Him??
Here’s a couple suggestions...

1st SUGGESTION: Make Immortality Refresh Faster, But At a Cost
So, the refresh timer starts out at 50secs, but it goes down by 10 seconds every time you refresh... to let’s say 10 seconds? This means, that the first couple fights might be sketchy, but after that your cruising & mashing through opponents! This gives him a high skill element, but also a high reward element, while being at a lower risk. This makes him like a cross between Ægon & Nick Fury.

2nd SUGGESTION: Make It Easier To Outlast The Refresh
There are lots you could do here. Maybe give him Perfect Parry’s, to allow you to parry without dying. Or give him Indestructible Charges like Killmonger, where you can block hits, but only so many before you run out of charges.

Anyways, what do you all think? Do you like him, or would you like him changed up a bit. If so, how would you change him?

Comments

• Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    There an entire thread about the issues with him. He’s good, don’t get me wrong - he’s not usable in relevant content. Kabam can do 1-2 things to him to tweak him and make him relevant, and those things have been laid out. If they want they’ll fix him, if not people like me won’t bother with crystals, grind, etc.

Biggest point is he’s the Hulk. Not Air Walker or even Red Goblin. He deserves better after this being the 5th incarnation
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    I was thinking as a suggestion. What if hulks rage didn’t deal damage to him while below 20% health when immortality is on cooldown? @Kabam Miike
  • Options

I was thinking as a suggestion. What if hulks rage didn’t deal damage to him while below 20% health when immortality is on cooldown? @Kabam Miike

That’s a good one too. So many great suggestions between this one and the other thread.

I actually suggested the self-damage to be decreased during the cool down timer
  • Options
    UnidentifiedCreatureUnidentifiedCreature Posts: 589 ★★★
    He's also missing a lot of utility, though. I don't think he needs a complete overhaul, but he needs a lot of fixes in order to be useable in most content.
  • Options
    Mike192 said:

Kabam would just need to do 2-3 of the following things to make him better:

- Increase Rage uptime to 3-4sec
    - Lock on Rage at 20+ for 5-6sec (like torch temp.)
    - Reduce Immortality cooldown by 30% based on Sig
    - Allow 'performing' Rage attacks to count as refresh/increase; Medium into block
    - SP1 guaranteed stun at 20+ Rage
    - Last hit of Heavy (which gains extra attack based on Rage) is guaranteed crit
    - Sig ability enhancments/utilities are permanent once per fight regardless of Gamma Radiation (If you hit 25/50/75 at least once each fight, you receive the benefits and they do not stack - for some utility)
    - Rage timer is paused during all Special attacks (opponents too)

Such an amazing champion, really hope Kabam does him justice.

There seems to be a silent buff from 1.5 to 2s on the rage timer. Kabam IS listening. Keep pouring it on. The rage lock is a great idea - can also be mitigated by having rage paused during opponent specials as well.
  • Options
    War_Bird said:

Mike192 said:

- Allow 'performing' Rage attacks to count as refresh/increase; Medium into block
    - Sig ability enhancments/utilities are permanent once per fight regardless of Gamma Radiation (If you hit 25/50/75 at least once each fight, you receive the benefits and they do not stack - for some utility)

There seems to be a silent buff from 1.5 to 2s on the rage timer. Kabam IS listening. Keep pouring it on. The rage lock is a great idea - can also be mitigated by having rage paused during opponent specials as well.
    Exactly. Kabam doesn't have time to respond to every post, but they are listening. Here’s hoping they take it into consideration.
    Honestly, that 1/2 second fixes a ton of issues.

In the champion spotlight it says 1.5. That’s a win for us. He needs one more tweak like that and we’re in business. So will Kabam be too.
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,770 ★★★★★
    Yeah like @FluffyPigMonster said there is a whole thread that covers this.
    Pop on over and take a look at some of the suggestions.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/232637/do-you-think-immortal-hulk-needs-a-tune-up/p1
  • Options
    slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★

Mike192 said:

They also buff rage damage from nearly 300 each to 300+ each