**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Senteniel

RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
edited November 2020 in Strategy and Tips
So I recently pulled him as a 5*. R3ed him because he is supposed to be good for variants.

He doesn’t seem to hit well tho. Does he need to awakened? High sig?

Can someone give me the coles notes on his play style plz?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    You mean Sentinel
  • Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    An r4 sentinel can casually and consistently hit 1k non-crit mediums. Heavies have a solid and brief DOT. The incinerates from sp2 take off a decent chunk against tanky opponents. Sentinel doesn’t need to be awakened, but it’s significantly easier to build up charges if he’s at sig 1. (Sig getting higher only reduces the effectiveness of power draining effects.)
  • Options
    ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Moot4Life said:

MaxGaming said:

You mean Sentinel

no, he doesnt.
    Picking on little Maxy boy?
  • Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    ẞlооd said:

Moot4Life said:

MaxGaming said:

You mean Sentinel

no, he doesnt.
    what
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Riptide said:

So I recently pulled him as a 5*. R3ed him because he is supposed to be good for variants.

He doesn’t seem to hit well tho. Does he need to awakened? High sig?

Can someone give me the coles notes on his play style plz?

Suggest you to watch some YouTube guidance on Sentinel. As the player said above, u need to understand how to “hit wall” and built analysis charge. Awakening give Sentinel faster to complete that 100 analysis charge. When it reached that 100, sentinel is insane.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    @Werewrym
    (I'm surprised no one has invited him yet, lol)
  • Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    edited November 2020
    ẞlооd said:

Moot4Life said:

MaxGaming said:

You mean Sentinel

no, he doesnt.
    ohhh i just understood you meant i was making fun of him, lol.
    in my head i misread as "picking up on"
  • Options
    JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    MaxGaming said:

Sentinel is incredible. I have a rank 4 5 star. You want to build up analysis charges. Do this by making opponents repeat moves. Example: Spam on their block. When you get up to 100, you hit like a truck, and you can apply some incredibly potent debuffs. Sentinel doesn’t need his awakened ability to be good. It just helps. Sentinel has double immunities, making him work well with the suicide masteries. If you have Sentinel awakened, you actually don’t need many sig levels. Sentinel can also be a really good defender. The sp2 applies 5 incinerates. These are very potent. Don’t use Sentinel against cosmic champs. He absolutely destroys mutants (his intended purpose). As you mentioned, he is great for variants. Sentinel comes with a lot of utility.

Sorry we are talking about Senteniel
    Ahhh I see
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Nothing else to add that the others haven’t mentioned already. Just a fantastic champion. I’ve had Sentinel at 5/65 for quite a while now, and I’ve never regretted it.
  • Options
    MarshMarloMarshMarlo Posts: 243 ★★★
    Works good as well with the G2099 synergy. For variants at least.

If you have g2099 pretty sure you won't be using much of sentinel.
  • Options
    Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020

I have Guilly 2099 and I still use Sentinel. I ranked Sentinel to r5 over her. I like him better.

He's very easy to play. Hit block till 100 analysis charges. Personally I don't think he really changes much from the awakened ability bc if you're used to playing him you'll hit block till you reach 100 anyway. It does help a lot against cosmics though.

He's very tanky. He can take a fair amount of hits. His sp3 applies a passive armour effect, passive so he's bad for Havoks. But it can be removed by an armour break, watch out for crumbling armour/silver surfer etc if you're trying to get regen. Another sp3 and he'll eat this armour for regen that scales with lost health.

His sp1 inflicts heal block and armour break. As a tech champ, they'll work on Colossus. Sp2 does big incinerate damage. At 100 analysis they apply through block. I use this against Emma Frost, sp1 into block, armour break = bye immunity.
    He can inflict shock with unstoppable heavy. Don't use against Nebula, 5 charges = 100% ability accuracy straight off. Actually Sentinel isn't a great matchup for her in general, you hit her block, she builds charges, you lose ability accuracy.
    You can't spam this unstoppable heavy though, he's not unstoppable while the opponent is shocked.

After firing an sp2, I'm nearly back on an sp1. Every analysis charges reduces the amount of power used for specials by 0.25%.
    I don't use any specials until I'm at full analysis charges. Without the charges they're very short.
    He's a robot sooo granted bleed and poison immunity.

He's a big tin can with immunity, access to various debuffs, great damage, tanky, reduced power cost on specials and regeneration. He's also an XL champ = V2.

Here's my newly maxed big purple tin can.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

@Werewrym
    (I'm surprised no one has invited him yet, lol)

Better late than never...

@Riptide i highly recommend Sentinel as a r5 champ. He’s incredibly useful and not only in V3 (though he will steamroll that content). I use my 6* r3 in 99% of AW attacks and he is fantastic.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Got a 6* sentinel today myself. He is a Beast of a champ.
  • Options

I have Guilly 2099 and I still use Sentinel. I ranked Sentinel to r5 over her. I like him better.
    :(
  • Options
    Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

I like Guilly too! And everyone loves Guilly. Poor Sentinel barely gets any love these days.
  • Options

Kill_Grey said:

I like Guilly too! And everyone loves Guilly. Poor Sentinel barely gets any love these days.
    Yeah lol, the underrated champs are more deserving of the spotlight at times. I totally back your decision!