**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW diversity, tiebreaker?

We were just told this was meant to be a tiebreaker, correct me if I'm wrong but why would a tiebreaker award points? Isn't it usually determined by who has more, and only in the event of an actual tie?

I know that defender kills mean nothing, and the reason that we all have to accept is that it was forcing people to give up on completing a path. Even though stopping your opponent is a crucial part in any conflict, and is a clear indicator of victory.

Accepting the glaring flaw of pointlessly placing a defense is one thing, but I would love for someone to tell me how this is a tie that needed to be broken?.... if you have more exploration, a stronger team, and more kills where was the tie?....... I'm not sure, bit I think leading someone in every category is the opposite of a tie? I would love to get a response from someone that helped to create this mess...... if outright beating your opponent means less that what champs you place, can we please stop trying to pretend this is only a way too tip a tie in one direction?.... the other team lost the war, bUT won by having 5 different chsmps with no concern about a weaker team, less exploration and 10 less (meaningless) kills.....

plom77pxwnt5.png
alg5ruj8madb.png

Comments

• Options
    HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    That is awesome, thanks for the chuckle.

Not at you, mind you, but at this horribly constructed scoring system that anyone with a 3rd grade math education could have told you would result in unsatisfactory competition. Every one of these threads makes me laugh. Thanks.
  • Options
    SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    You get a trophy! YOU get a trophy! YOU GET A TROPHY! EVERYBODY GETS A TROPHY! x5oydt6zv1h1.gif
  • Options
    WimaksWimaks Posts: 105
    Bottom line I think they just made too many changes all at once. Tried to address EVERY "concern" with one fell swoop. The simple fact that they made the map as a whole easier made removing defender kills pointless. Like I said in another post, they used to have node boosts that made some opponents "impossible" without the right champ so, if you died with The champ you needed to beat that node with, trying to continue on with your other ones was suicide. But that is not the case anymore. Everything seems very doable and dying, in my case, is really just making mistakes and continuing on with my other champs is no big deal.

I personally like the new map, like defender diversity, but think they should bring back defender kills even if they reduce the points given. It would allow us to make just one more strategic decision… go for defender diversity and sacrifice defender kills or sacrifice the points for diversity and hope you get defender kills to make up for it…

Just my humble opinion
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    By the picture shown, that's pretty much how it functioned.
  • Options
    ZabirZabir Posts: 76
    Why you censored your low rating, low prestige and low tier alliance?
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    I still think it is working as good tie breaker, but is not the only thing that matters... here is our last war, we thought we may lose as made 1mjstake
    In placement! But still cleared all maps and got our rewards.

So you just never know.

• Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    tf2sfa8fj5p8.png
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Technically it is a tie breaker seeing as the nodes are so easy that every war is 100% both sides...
  • Options
    axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    We slaughtered our last opponent: 96 defender kills to 28. 100% completion to 97%. But we lost on diversity. We were pissed and rightfully so. They bought the war. No skill necessary, which they lacked. But they did have diversity. This is such a stupid stupid component that they've introduced. Me and my alliance worked hard to rank up our top defenders but now lose wars because of them. We're not happy at all with the new AW.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Dude, 96 kills isn’t buying a war. If everyone lost all their champs that’s 90 defense kills. They might have used a couple revives but that’s by no means buying a war. They played the system and you didn’t.
  • Options
    axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Dude, 96 kills isn’t buying a war. If everyone lost all their champs that’s 90 defense kills. They might have used a couple revives but that’s by no means buying a war. They played the system and you didn’t.

Um.....2 bgs. Not 3 and one guy revived 6 team revives. They bought the war, there's no question about that. They had no skill but had money. Period.
  • Options
    WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    edited September 2017
    Actually now most big alliances would have their defender diversity at the max of 150 and 100% completion is almost a certainty so Defender Diversity is no longer the tie-breaker, Defender Rating is.

Alliance War is now Defender Rating war.