**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Birthday Opening + The Best Cavalier Crystal I've Ever Opened

RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★
I originally wasn't going to make a post about my birthday and the crystals I had opened, but after the amazing luck I had this morning, I decided, why not?

So either 1 or 2 days ago (depending on your timezone), it was my birthday, and I had saved up a couple of crystals to celebrate. But first, a major achievement for my account: I completed Act 6!

I beat the Grandmaster around 50 days ago, with a ragtag team of Emma Frost (6* 1/25), Stealthy (6* 1/25), Cap IW (5* 5/65), Ghost (5* 5/65) and Heimdall (5* 1/25) for 6.4.6. The entirety of Act 6.3 to 6.4 took around 500-800 units (I hate Darkhawk), while the Grandmaster stole around 1200 units (I blame my skill). Magneto was a huge MVP for some famously troublesome 6.4 bosses, like IMIW and Darkhawk (I did one-shot Darkhawk, but only after wasting 700 units on a failed run through the quest without Magneto). Other MVPs include:
CMM. Can't take damage if you're always indestructible.
Ghost, who had a nice 6.4.1 Iceman solo.
BWCV, who was surprising good for 6.4.2 Thor Rags and perfect for 6.4.4 CMM.
And Cap IW, a surprising good evade counter, heal reversal extraordinaire and an all-around champ that can handle so much content.

Anyways, onward to the birthday opening! Since late August/early September, I began hoarding shards and crystals for a birthday opening, and here was the final result:
  • 1 Basic 5* crystal:

• 1 mutant/skill 5* dual class crystal:

• 2 cosmic/tech 5* dual class crystals:

• 2 mystic/science 5* dual class crystals:

• 7 Cavalier crystals (from 6.3 and 6.4 completion). These were all 3 and 4* champs, so no screenshots here.
  • 1 Nexus 5* crystal (act 6 completion):

• 11 featured 5* crystals:

and finally...
  • 6 6* crystals:

Overall, there were some bad pulls (looking at you, tripled duped Mr. Fantastic), and some amazing pulls, like Doom, Wolverine, and a Stealth Spidey dupe that the 6* prophet from a couple months back actually predicted! And that is it for the birthday opening. Now, to move onto today's cavalier crystal opening.

Since the new iHulk and CGR crystals went live, and I had around 1000 units to burn, and since I was never getting to 5000 units for Cyber Monday, I decided to open 1, maybe 2 crystals. The first one was an expected cavalier crystal pull, a 3* dupe of Stealthy. For the next crystal, I asked one of my friends if they wanted to open it. They used to play the game, and had quit maybe two weeks after joining, so they knew what crystals were but had no idea what was good or bad. The crystal spun, and my notification numbers didn't go down, meaning it would either be a rarity of a champ, or a 4* crystal that might have formed. But instead...

I was freaking out. I thought it was rolling over to a 5* that might have been off screen. But no, my friend managed to pull a 6* Nexus for me! I don't have a screenshot of the nexus, as it was a bit of an obvious choice between Psylocke, Hawkeye and...

And that, dear forum users, is why my friend will be opening any cav crystals that I decide to open. Thanks for reading!

Comments

• BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    Damn,Congrats dude!
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Congrats man and Happy Birthday!
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Awesome writeup! Congrats and belated Happy Birthday! Well deserved! :)
  • SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Posts: 853 ★★★★
    THis is great! Usually people get shafted on their birthday but you hit the jackpot.
  • ThatOneMasterGamerThatOneMasterGamer Posts: 810 ★★★
    Congrats and happy birthday!
    I did a birthday opening too on 11th, I hated it.
  • MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    Congrats mate, that's some awesome birthday luck.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Congo. Happy birthday.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Happy birthday man and awesome rewards!!!
  • shield456shield456 Posts: 1,979 ★★★
    edited November 2020
    Happy birthday bud yesterday was mine lol

Awesome pulls
    shield456 said:

Awesome pulls

My birthday luck was damn bad.
    I broke my mcoc mobile lol
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    shield456 said:

shield456 said:

Awesome pulls

Opposed to MCoC desktop..?
  • crossshattercrossshatter Posts: 249
    Happy bday
  • RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★

I did a birthday opening too on 11th, I hated it.

Hey, I'm also on the 11th! Happy belated birthday to you as well, and to others on this thread who had or will have their birthdays soon.
  • shivam1shivam1 Posts: 87
    First of all happy birthday and congrats on this freaking lucky crystal opening.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,768 ★★★★★
    Congrats OP you deserve it!
    & Happy birthday too!
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Nice one, my friend! And a very happy birthday as well!
    edited November 2020

shield456 said:

shield456 said:

Awesome pulls

Opposed to MCoC desktop..?
    Well i had a mobile where i had all mcoc pics recordings and the gane3and another mobile i use for forums .

Now forums mobile will also have to be mcoc mobile but with less pics and vids cause there is lots of school work on this one

My mcoc mobile is reduced to pieces
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Man, happy birthday indeed.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    what a fantastic opening (seriously three mr fantastics)
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Nice man. Happy birthday!
  • LeoZedLeoZed Posts: 653 ★★★
    Nice man... wish you a very happy birthday...
  • mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    Nice. If I only had the patience to save crystals until my birthday...
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Happy birthday and congrats!
  • HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    congrats my dude have a happy birthday
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    Around a week ago I got cavalier, and bought two cavalier crystals and got two 4*s. I decided that I would keep saving up and popping cav crystals until I got a 3*. So far I have opened 5 including the first two, and I have gotten 3 4*s, a 5* rhino, and a 6* Docter Doom. So far so good!