**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dear Kabam, why is spider-ham being added before Sandman, Lizard, etc?

QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
Look, no hate for spider-ham, I think he is pretty cool and certainly interesting. But I just dont understand why champions like him (I'm looking at you hit monkey) are being added when the game is missing so many other iconic characters.

If you wanna add a spider verse character, why not lizard or sandman as mentioned in the title, or how about scorpion and shocker? It just seems wierd how we are missing all these characters and you want to add a literal pig lol.

So basically, please stop designing these wierd and less recognised characters until we have all of the iconic champions, and then as far as I'm concerned, you can go ham on these wacky creatures (pun intended). Also maybe stop with the reskins too, though that's a different matter for a different day.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

Well we know who's video youve been watching 😂 this year was less known champs. If not, they end up just doing reskins of the same champs or well known, then run out of ideas.

Wandervision was due to be released, this was going to tie in with that. Same as BWDO and Red Guardian with BW film.

We'll get them eventually, probably closer to the times of film or series releases. Also, remember Kabam do not own the rights to the characters. Marvel / Disney / Sony may not wish to release the characters into game yet, waiting for a future release. Lizard and Sandman, both being in the spiderverse should be under Sony - not sure who owns spiderham's rights - but if its also Sony, then I'm sure they're more likely to release those rights than 2 of the most well known villains - especially given the relationship breakdown earlier this year.

Sony has the film rights to spider verse characters but marvel owns these characters. Kabam can release any champ that they want irrespective of who has the film rights. As it's a marvel game they can release any marvel character.

It’s probably because they know these bigger characters will make bank. Why front load all your popular characters and kill off your major character revenue in a year or two?

Profits dipping? Release sandman and lizard in the same month. It’s just to prolong the game essentially. I mean, it took 5 years for Prof X and Apocalypse to arrive. In a way, the longer it takes, the more people are excited for them to arrive

Yeah I also think so.

I agree. Of all the Spider-Verse characters, Spider-Ham should be on the bottom of the list. The character is a joke, a satirical off-shoot of cartoons with a pun in his name. How on earth could Kabam choose him above Spiderman 2099 or Spiderman Noir? Yes, and then we are not discussing original characters like the original Thunderbolts, Squadron Supreme, the Wrecking Crew, Spiderman villains, Brotherhood of Mutants, etc. I don't understand how you can be excited about this.

I too want 2099 and noir to be added. Spiderham is a very fun character though.

P.S. Squadron supreme and original do not go hand in hand.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

I agree. Of all the Spider-Verse characters, Spider-Ham should be on the bottom of the list. The character is a joke, a satirical off-shoot of cartoons with a pun in his name. How on earth could Kabam choose him above Spiderman 2099 or Spiderman Noir? Yes, and then we are not discussing original characters like the original Thunderbolts, Squadron Supreme, the Wrecking Crew, Spiderman villains, Brotherhood of Mutants, etc. I don't understand how you can be excited about this.

Squadron Sinister is original, supreme are from the 90's.

Squadron Sinister is original, supreme are from the 90's.
    You didn't understand me. The members of
    squadron supreme are not original at all.They are a copy of justice league.
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    I think its a combination of them saying this year would be for lesser, more obscure champions and spacing out the more popular ones to build hype. I get where you're coming from, and maybe with the return of the MCU, we can see some more "recognisable" champions.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    Spiderpork just looks sooo cute...