**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What is gifting event?

What is the gifting event and is it coming back anytime soon?

Comments

• Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Something I highly doubt we will see again this year.

But it was an even around Christmas that let people send items and crystals to friends/alliance members. There were solo milestones for how much you gifted and alliance milestones that had rank rewards. It created some shadiness amongst the top alliances.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★

Something I highly doubt we will see again this year.

But it was an even around Christmas that let people send items and crystals to friends/alliance members. There were solo milestones for how much you gifted and alliance milestones that had rank rewards. It created some shadiness amongst the top alliances.

I believe it will come back because Kabam pulled in so much money last year during gifting that there is no way they would not do it again.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Gifting system is something that we used to had, and was removed in order to avoid problems.
    Basically you were able to buy items, and send them to another player.

The gifting event is something made around the Christmas, which you get points for each gift you send. There are high tier rewards associated with it, mainly in the alliance event.

The ability to gift came back a few times after it has been removed from the game, on special occasions. We might see it again next month, but we won't be sure until something is announced
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
    It was an event where we could gift items to other players. There were special crystals that we could gift, which contained some really huge jackpots like 5 star Kang or Thanos.

However, after the fiasco that was the 2019 event, I also highly doubt we will see one this year.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    I think the Gifting Event can exist if they get rid of Alliance Ranked Rewards specifically. That was the area that was getting highly abused. People paying Arena bots to join their alliance and dump all their hacked units into point for the event. Without Alliance Ranked Rewards, the incentive to do that is basically 0, especially is you still have the Solo Event to encourage people to do their own share.
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    K00shMaan said:

I think the Gifting Event can exist if they get rid of Alliance Ranked Rewards specifically. That was the area that was getting highly abused. People paying Arena bots to join their alliance and dump all their hacked units into point for the event. Without Alliance Ranked Rewards, the incentive to do that is basically 0, especially is you still have the Solo Event to encourage people to do their own share.

This is literally all kabam has to do to bring back an amazing event!
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    K00shMaan said:

Actually all they need to do is make the ranked rewards a solo event and they get the same amount of money with a lot less cheating
  • gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    It's an event specifically designed for the blubberiest of whales to spend money. If you're free to play or just an occasional spender, don't expect much from it.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,911 ★★★★★
    I would be so surprised if it doesn’t come back for next month
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    There was someone out in the global spamming.....
    The gifting event is coming in 20 days!!