**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Updated strategy for using Claire against 6.1 crossbones

Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
For those struggling with crossbones but have Claire; after the so-called "nerfs", biohazard was removed and a single poison was put in place. This means that Claire could potentially run out of charges, leaving you to push crossbones to SP 2 in order to remove some of his buffs with buff immunity, then bait his own and take block damage. Instead of that, here's a simple trick you can use (got the idea from an ally mates. Actually forgot about it since I've had the mastery turned off for a while. Experienced Claire users might know):

What you need:
- Force of will link must be active.
- Have the "pacify" mastery active and preferably maxed. Claire gains as many charges as there are points in pacify when she stuns an AAR immune opponent. In layman's terms, 1 point in pacify is 1 Claire charge on a parry, 2 points equates to 2, and 3 points equates to 3.
- Principle: AAR immunity is an immunity. Xbones with force of will is AAR immune. Claire's ability gives her charges whenever an immunity takes effect. Parrying with pacify triggers his AAR immunity, and she gets 3 free and easy charges if it's maxed!
- No suicides needed, no synergies, no unnecessary unit spend or block damage. Just have pacify maxed, and you can consistently get charges to consistently nullify his buffs, especially vigor regen.

Hope you've found this tip insightful 🙂

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    In case you're wondering why I always have pacify off, it's because of how it interacts in fights like Colossus and thing. Also for the fact that it prevents some beneficial nodes like the ones in cavalier difficulty from activating.
  • ErocksErocks Posts: 294 ★★
    Ah! That's brilliant! That'll certainly help on exploration, thank you!
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

In case you're wondering why I always have pacify off, it's because of how it interacts in fights like Colossus and thing. Also for the fact that it prevents some beneficial nodes like the ones in cavalier difficulty from activating.

I activated pacify recently and found out that hard way that Colossus and Thing aren't super easy fights for me now. 😂
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

I activated pacify recently and found out that hard way that Colossus and Thing aren't super easy fights for me now. 😂
    Defenitely. I took pacify of while fighting abyss Thing and the difference was massive. While fighting colosuss I wait until the last moment before hitting. Same goes for Assassination mastery
    I had to fight Colossus in AW right after unlocking Pacify and got wrecked by a Sp3. I was shocked. 😂

Good thing it was off-season.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Cool! I still haven’t unlocked that mastery. I don’t have the points to put them in there, in my opinion the mastery is pretty unnecessary
    HI_guys said:

Cool! I still haven’t unlocked that mastery. I don’t have the points to put them in there, in my opinion the mastery is pretty unnecessary

Nope. It cab save your life a bunch. Magneto gets 100% AAR, shut down sec oveealod and such
    I personally run full suicides, max precision/cruelty, max despar, 3/5 DW, 2/5 assassin. Plus max Willpower and a point in Coag. So I don’t have many points to spare, I can’t even run 3/3 parry.
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★

i use it for when I fight a magik without a counter
    The one I like is petrify Mastery, because it interacts nicely with my maxed despair,. Void, and collar tech. Always have it maxed. It also allows Archangel to do 3 heavies before the opponent reaches a bar, and I use him always against magik.

i use it for when I fight a magik without a counter
    *laughs in quake*
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    really nice trick! I have pacify on but I don't really like it because it can cancel abilities I'm counting on truggering
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Sorry for somewhat reviving this but why is it bad to have pacify on when fighting colossus?
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Will3808 said:

Sorry for somewhat reviving this but why is it bad to have pacify on when fighting colossus?

when he has lowered aa or something like that, he gains 100% combat power rate
    Will3808 said:

Well, not a revive since the thread is only 1 month old lol.

But yeah, it's a thicco has said.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★

Will3808 said:

when he has lowered aa or something like that, he gains 100% combat power rate
    Kill_Grey said:

Will3808 said:

Well, not a revive since the thread is only 1 month old lol.

But yeah, it's a thicco has said.
    Ok thanks. That makes sense
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    It's a nice thing, but do you really need it in that fight? Spam heavy or just MM, cb will convert them into furies, those will expire, md will give you power, throw sp2/sp3. Managing her charges may be inconvenient, but in fights with many buffs it's usually not. Maybe I'm missing something, did it pre nerf
    Aleor said:

It's a nice thing, but do you really need it in that fight? Spam heavy or just MM, cb will convert them into furies, those will expire, md will give you power, throw sp2/sp3. Managing her charges may be inconvenient, but in fights with many buffs it's usually not. Maybe I'm missing something, did it pre nerf

How do you gain power from MD with power struggle at play? 🤔
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Aleor said:

How do you gain power from MD with power struggle at play? 🤔
    Didn't remember what the nodes were. But even with it, push him to sp2 and fire yours? With power steal he would go back to 1 bar of power. And you might even be at 2 again or even 3, if her power steal would make him go below 2 bars several times? I might be wrong with it, as I said, have only done it pre nerf