**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

CGR Vs Hyperion!

Comments

• Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Hyperion is Better
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Hyperion has the unique ability to stand there and repeatedly special intercept without hitting this opponent. This alone puts him far ahead in endgame content.

But I notice the first hit of his SP 1 whiffing against big champs like infinity Thanos at times. Wanted to post it in the bugs section, but kept forgetting.
    Have you tried going for a “deep dex”? Like a last second dex? I use Hype a ton on my mini(4/55), and I’ve found that allows his first hit to have the correct distance. Hope that helps @Kill_Grey.
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Hyperion has the unique ability to stand there and repeatedly special intercept without hitting this opponent. This alone puts him far ahead in endgame content.

But I notice the first hit of his SP 1 whiffing against big champs like infinity Thanos at times. Wanted to post it in the bugs section, but kept forgetting.
    Have you tried going for a “deep dex”? Like a last second dex? I use Hype a ton on my mini(4/55), and I’ve found that allows his first hit to have the correct distance. Hope that helps @Kill_Grey.
    Well, I've noticed that delaying my dex enough for the opponent to begin another combo hit makes the special guaranteed to hit such an opponent. An early dex might be risky instead.

Edit: Now I understand your comment, and yes, I do so. But against like 98% of other champs, it doesn't matter how much you delay your dex or otherwise, cuz the special is guaranteed to hit them.
    But nevertheless, the way to eliminate the problem altogether is to not even dash back, and actually intercept the opponent's dash with the SP 1. It's much riskier as in the situation where your device doesn't even realize you're pressing the special button lol.
    Yeah. Another one that comes to mind is ghost without wasp sp2 vs some xl people.
    Huh, haven't noticed that one yet. Nowadays, I just parry before going for specials with ghost because of the weird AI tendencies. I don't run her with synergies, lol.
    Yeah that’s the safe strategy. I’ve gotten messed up a few times vs sentinel, it doesn’t whiff, but XL champs tend to block right when I dex.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Hyperion is Better

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Well, I've noticed that delaying my dex enough for the opponent to begin another combo hit makes the special guaranteed to hit such an opponent. An early dex might be risky instead.

Edit: Now I understand your comment, and yes, I do so. But against like 98% of other champs, it doesn't matter how much you delay your dex or otherwise, cuz the special is guaranteed to hit them.
    But nevertheless, the way to eliminate the problem altogether is to not even dash back, and actually intercept the opponent's dash with the SP 1. It's much riskier as in the situation where your device doesn't even realize you're pressing the special button lol.
    Yeah. Another one that comes to mind is ghost without wasp sp2 vs some xl people.
    Huh, haven't noticed that one yet. Nowadays, I just parry before going for specials with ghost because of the weird AI tendencies. I don't run her with synergies, lol.
    Yeah that’s the safe strategy. I’ve gotten messed up a few times vs sentinel, it doesn’t whiff, but XL champs tend to block right when I dex.
    Every champ I fight does that nowadays 😅
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Hyperion is Better
    It is too soon to tell really. Almost no one has CGR, so how can we honestly compare. So until further testing, Hyperion is better.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Hyperion is Better
    Rookiie said:

War_Bird said:

Rookiie said:

Kill_Grey said:

I feel this thread should probably have been made at least 6 months in the future when CGR is more in circulation, because he's far from the basics as of now.

In that time, most users will see the value in CGR but will also appreciate Hyperion even more. He's a timeless champion with an extremely rewarding and OP playstyle. Power Gain and Fury into oblivion.
    The appreciation can only go so far tho. I’m willing to bet my life saving that a year from now, Cosmic Ghost Rider would be ahead in a poll like this.
    Rookiie said:

War_Bird said:

Rookiie said:

I'm a massive advocate for CGR, but I'm not voting for either. They're both insane champions. CGR has better damage output, but Hyperion can be more satisfying to play. CGR has more utility but Hyperion has Regen. So you want the truth? One isn't better than the other, this poll is a matter of preference and nothing more.

But if CGR has better damage out & better utility, how is Hyper better. You used play satisfactory as a reason, but that’s completely subjective. Someone could find Groot satisfying to play.
    Because he has the quickest access to Power Gain and Fury buffs in the game. It's super rewarding and you end up nuking opponents without doing much.
    But still, power gain & fury is only good for dealing damage... which CGR does plenty more of. Technically, Groot has more Fury than both of them, but he’s obviously not better.

I think most people just haven’t played CGR yet, but Hyperion, being an MCOC classic... more people are favored towards him. Give it a year, & I guarantee that CGR would pull far ahead in a poll like this. He isn’t even in the Featured yet, & he already has 26% of the vote on Hyperion, one of the greatest champs in the history of the game.
    I'm certain the poll would be a lot closer in a couple of months from now. I couldn't say one would be ahead of the other. It all comes down to preference of playstyle when it comes to these two champs. You need to be very meticulous when playing Cosmic Ghost Rider because there is a lot going on, and it's easy to lose track of which buffs were triggered and which ones have yet to be triggered when you want to reset your Judgement cycle. Although Cosmic Ghost Rider has a LOT more going for him than Hyperion - in terms of damage, utility, and even animations - a lot of the player base will be a lot more comfortable playing Hyperion. Power Gain leading to SP3 intercepts, Stun on the SP2 and access to Fury off a far reaching heavy are incredibly satisfying mechanics in his playstyle. You ask me? They're neck and neck at the top of the Cosmic class.
    Yo, why we suddenly forgetting about CMM?
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,055 ★★★★★
    Hyperion is Better
    I haven't played cgr myself and haven't seen a lot of vids on him, but I belive you have to use different combos like gr? And don't want to dex? Those thing alone make his playstyle a lot more limited. Hyperion has decent damage, but it's not the highest in the game. What makes him great of he works for so many things. Can't say that about cgr yet.

And finally, give me frkn 6* Hyperion! 6* r3 Hype is all I want
  • Options
    Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    CGR is Better
    both are top-shelf champions. hype is a 2016 champ but is still so viable in the current meta of the game but his damage is more RNG based. CGR on the other hand is a newly released champ and therefore has an upper hand with his abilities not dependent on RNG, his damage after a single rotation goes berserk, and can finish fights very quickly.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Hyperion is Better
    Hyperion is much more versatile to play with.
  • Options
    rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 573 ★★★
    CGR is Better
    And that is probably why hype is not yet released as a 6* innthe game yet. He is bloody op with that power gain and easy to access furies with no number cap.
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

CGR while great , there are a lot of factors at play for him. I don’t think he will be better than surfer when the time comes for his release. I watched a war video with him from legacy and it took a little time.

I also think we get too wrapped up in damage and not in practical usage , cmm can still shurg off everything and she has armor breaks like crazy.

He's better than Surfer and as practical to use as CMM.

There's a reason he's being compared to Hyperion, it's because Hyperion is more practical to use.
  • Options
    Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    CGR is Better

both are top-shelf champions. hype is a 2016 champ but is still so viable in the current meta of the game but his damage is more RNG based. CGR on the other hand is a newly released champ and therefore has an upper hand with his abilities not dependent on RNG, his damage after a single rotation goes berserk, and can finish fights very quickly.

Since when the heck did champion release dates matter? Lol
    mate champion release matters because the mechanics of the game were not the same in the beginning. there was no slow before, no passive debuffs,etc . you cannot compare ironman Og with Ghost or daredevil with nick fury.
  • Options
    ShepShep Posts: 146
    CGR is 2 new and most people dont have em to really compare.
  • Options
    CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    CGR is Better
    Nobody with CGR and Hype both Dupped at 5/65 is voting for Hype. Sorry to burst everyone’s bubble, but it’s true.

Please prove me wrong.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Hyperion is Better
    War_Bird said:

Rookiie said:

Kill_Grey said:

I feel this thread should probably have been made at least 6 months in the future when CGR is more in circulation, because he's far from the basics as of now.

In that time, most users will see the value in CGR but will also appreciate Hyperion even more. He's a timeless champion with an extremely rewarding and OP playstyle. Power Gain and Fury into oblivion.
    The appreciation can only go so far tho. I’m willing to bet my life saving that a year from now, Cosmic Ghost Rider would be ahead in a poll like this.
    Rookiie said:

War_Bird said:

Rookiie said:

I'm a massive advocate for CGR, but I'm not voting for either. They're both insane champions. CGR has better damage output, but Hyperion can be more satisfying to play. CGR has more utility but Hyperion has Regen. So you want the truth? One isn't better than the other, this poll is a matter of preference and nothing more.

But if CGR has better damage out & better utility, how is Hyper better. You used play satisfactory as a reason, but that’s completely subjective. Someone could find Groot satisfying to play.
    Because he has the quickest access to Power Gain and Fury buffs in the game. It's super rewarding and you end up nuking opponents without doing much.
    But still, power gain & fury is only good for dealing damage... which CGR does plenty more of. Technically, Groot has more Fury than both of them, but he’s obviously not better.

I think most people just haven’t played CGR yet, but Hyperion, being an MCOC classic... more people are favored towards him. Give it a year, & I guarantee that CGR would pull far ahead in a poll like this. He isn’t even in the Featured yet, & he already has 26% of the vote on Hyperion, one of the greatest champs in the history of the game.

Or it could go in the complete opposite direction with time, primary example of this is sunspot. When he was first released , the hype was huge, i even saw comments saying hed be nerfed for his damage output. But now look at him, the general consensus is that his utility is lackluster.

The same can happen to CGR, yes he has massive damage, but his utility doesn’t even come close to hype, cmm, corvus.