Why act 6 needs to be nerfed some more

Although the act 6 nerfs have drastically made the content more enjoyable, there are still some massive pain points that I think just absolutely suck.

Take this ant man in 6.2.5.. 200% energize? Ok, that's not too bad with a power control champion. Enhanced poison? Chump change.

But MICRO REFLECT..... With absolutely no way to counter it. Name a single champion who can counter glancing.... As far as I'm aware there is none... This means that you are taking fun and interactive damage every single time he glances, and there is nothing you can do.

Fights like this show that kabam shouldn't be completely finished with act 6 yet. At least throw on size matters, so that XL champs can hit in without taking fun and interactive damage.

The first batch of changes to act 6 were a great start, but more needs to be done.

Rant over. Leave your hate down below.

Comments

• QacobQacob Posts: 2,015 ★★★★★
    Literally any AAR champion can counter glancing
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,671 ★★★★★
    I wish they would just freaking fix AA vs. glancing already. It's clear as day that he's bugged against it, but not a single word from them.
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,015 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

I wish they would just freaking fix AA vs. glancing already. It's clear as day that he's bugged against it, but not a single word from them.

I literally just dueled antman with him, and just as I expected, as soon as I passed 3 neurotoxins, no more glancing
    Qacob said:

Kill_Grey said:

I literally just dueled antman with him, and just as I expected, as soon as I passed 3 neurotoxins, no more glancing
    Yeah, his AAR shuts down the glancing. The major problem is the difficulty getting the bleeds on him because of the bug.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 28,144 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Qacob said:

Kill_Grey said:

Yeah, his AAR shuts down the glancing. The major problem is the difficulty getting the bleeds on him because of the bug.
    Gwenpool. 50 Hits.

Kill_Grey said:

Qacob said:

Kill_Grey said:

Gwenpool. 50 Hits.
    SP 2 spam?
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,198 ★★★★
    I went through 6.2 post nerf and I don't think it needs any more changes, it still has it's challenge but still doable. The only thing that just needs a complete rework in my opinion is the 6.2.5 mordo boss. The nodes on that fight are just stupid and cheap and is not a skill based fight whatsoever. I didn't use a single revive on the champion boss but had to use 2 team revives on the mordo boss cause you can barely get any damage in per fight because of the dumb node combos.
  • RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 782 ★★★
    Tried Falcon's Lock On ability but it doesn't seem to work at all.. xD

Glancing is a defensive ability so shouldn't the Lock on bypass it?
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 1,625 ★★★★★
    DRTO said:

I went through 6.2 post nerf and I don't think it needs any more changes, it still has it's challenge but still doable. The only thing that just needs a complete rework in my opinion is the 6.2.5 mordo boss. The nodes on that fight are just stupid and cheap and is not a skill based fight whatsoever. I didn't use a single revive on the champion boss but had to use 2 team revives on the mordo boss cause you can barely get any damage in per fight because of the dumb node combos.

Bosses at 6.2 don’t require further more tuning, in my opinion, except for Mordo Strength In Numbers node.
    It’s an obvious cash grabbing, node that should better have been removed for the long term image of Kabam, as it literally exposes them as company.
    I personally tried not to die at paths and had backed up lvl1 revives, just in case.
    Three paths done at Mordo with Void, using only three revs at him (the one at KO team member), mainly because of bad rng (petrify didn’t prod early).
    Some paths in 6.2 though, need retuning at specific fights, since there are paths that literally only Quake, played the evade style, can take without using a ton of items.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 4,379 ★★★★★
    Quake it or use Namor. Or Omega Red. Or Gambit. Use parry MLM to avoid any damage. It’s not that bad of a fight and Act 6 really doesn’t need anymore nerfs. It didn’t need most of the nerfs to begin with.
  • JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 456 ★★

Although the act 6 nerfs have drastically made the content more enjoyable, there are still some massive pain points that I think just absolutely suck.

Take this ant man in 6.2.5.. 200% energize? Ok, that's not too bad with a power control champion. Enhanced poison? Chump change.

But MICRO REFLECT..... With absolutely no way to counter it. Name a single champion who can counter glancing.... As far as I'm aware there is none... This means that you are taking fun and interactive damage every single time he glances, and there is nothing you can do.

Fights like this show that kabam shouldn't be completely finished with act 6 yet. At least throw on size matters, so that XL champs can hit in without taking fun and interactive damage.

The first batch of changes to act 6 were a great start, but more needs to be done.

Can't even lie to you my man... tho i agree act 6 should be Tuned down a bit more at least In chapter 2. I used Archangel for the Antman fight. Spam parry/heavy and evad sp2
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 6,343 ★★★★★

Namor takes that fight easily
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,159 ★★★★★
    Act 6 was already heavily nerfed and more nerfs = more people complaining for more compensation. We don't need anymore of that, also... Just Quake it ;)
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,099 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Act 6 doesn’t need more changes. I already think that it was nerfed too much. Disagree all you like, but I think pre-nerf act 6 was better. I did every fight pre-nerf, except I fought the lower attack values.(The main nerf I support)

"I disagree with all the nerfs except those that benefitted me"
    No, i did half of it without the nerfs to attack values. I dont think any of the fights should have been nerfed, especially the champion. The block damage that is unavoidable, is a potion suck, and not helpful for anyone. There are some fights that i agree should have been nerfed, and they did. Bur most of them should have stayed.
  • DoubleDeltaDoubleDelta Posts: 2,310 ★★★★
    Do your initial run, then go back and start to 100% trust me. All those painful nodes seem soo much easier, especially now they've been nerfed.

Yes, there's likely still a few paths which are a pain - but there needs to be some sort of challenge. As newer champs get released those nodes will seem even easier. By the time you've done all the other paths, that one will be a lot easier, either by way of champion acquisition or ranking the correct counters.

Act 6 is still counter based, even if its easier, you need the right counters to a degree - and there's more and more getting thrown out every month. CSWS was a pain until mags got buffed.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,152 ★★★★
    I found the 200% energize/powergain to be way more annoying tbh. Think I just boosted through with KM/Void synergie, saved Namor for that Korg after Antman (cause I hate Korg and I suck at fighting him).
  • Reverend_RuckusReverend_Ruckus Posts: 381 ★★★
    That vivivied path in 6.4 is pretty annoying as well