**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Regarding Immortal Hulk's mechanics....

Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 462 ★★★
I'm curious if Immortal Hulk (mcoc version) reflect a weakness that Hulk has in the comics? I haven't read the Immortal Hulk series but I've seen some panels and Hulk's regeneration seems to be more fluid/liquid-like (kinda like Majin Buu). Does this mean his durability is weaker than his former incarnations?

Is this why Immortal Hulk damages himself in MCOC? Immortal Hulk's mechanics are growing on me but I can't figure out where he is useful in the game? Early stage? End game?

What was the inspiration behind Hulk damaging himself?

Comments

• Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    I have read a lot of the comics and so far I have not seen anything that shows he is less durable. If anything, he is more durable that the other hulks. His mechanics don't really shadow anything from the comics aside from being able to heal from fatal attacks.
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

I have read a lot of the comics and so far I have not seen anything that shows he is less durable. If anything, he is more durable that the other hulks. His mechanics don't really shadow anything from the comics aside from being able to heal from fatal attacks.

Oh I see. Maybe it's just the artistic style of the comic that made me come up with that conclusion. I saw this one image where Hulk is in jars and manages to snap his fingers and then liquify before absorbing someone into his body.

I thought his durability might be weaker since I've seen some scans where Hulk looks thin and sickly, almost as if he's struggling to regenerate.
  • Options

Crcrcrc said:

Oh I see. Maybe it's just the artistic style of the comic that made me come up with that conclusion. I saw this one image where Hulk is in jars and manages to snap his fingers and then liquify before absorbing someone into his body.

I thought his durability might be weaker since I've seen some scans where Hulk looks thin and sickly, almost as if he's struggling to regenerate.
    That was when he had gamma siphoned from his body, so he couldn't regenerate. His regeneration is liquidy, but it takes a lot for him to need to heal. The part in the jars is when he reforms himself around the person, but his body becomes malleable and liquid, so that it was easier to reform.
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

That was when he had gamma siphoned from his body, so he couldn't regenerate. His regeneration is liquidy, but it takes a lot for him to need to heal. The part in the jars is when he reforms himself around the person, but his body becomes malleable and liquid, so that it was easier to reform.
    That sucks that they're going the "Majin Buu style" of regeneration. I always liked that his durability increased depending on his rage. At his base form, he has thick skin that could still be pierced but it became denser and harder to cut, the angrier he got.
  • Options

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

That sucks that they're going the "Majin Buu style" of regeneration. I always liked that his durability increased depending on his rage. At his base form, he has thick skin that could still be pierced but it became denser and harder to cut, the angrier he got.
    If I remember correctly, he was shot repeatedly with not even a scratch and he was very calm. He doesn’t really need to get more durable the more angry he gets because he doesn’t get angry often in the comics, and can come back to life from a pile of mush.
  • Options

This is where I got the idea that the angrier he is, the harder it gets to cut his skin. In other comics, Wolverine is easily able to slice Hulk but in world war Hulk, he came back angrier than ever due to the death of his family and kingdom.
  • Options

This is where I got the idea that the angrier he is, the harder it gets to cut his skin. In other comics, Wolverine is easily able to slice Hulk but in world war Hulk, he came back angrier than ever due to the death of his family and kingdom.

I haven’t read that storyline but that is interesting. Immortal Hulk doesn’t really get angry during his fights though, which could be a factor.

Also he basically resets when the sun goes down. If Banner dies, he turns into Immortal Hulk at sundown. If Immortal Hulk gets chopped to bits, he reforms and Bruce Banner is fine as well. He is completely unkillable, so that is probably why the comic doesn’t see a need for his anger durability or other powers. I need to check out World War Hulk too.