**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Mastery: Suicides or Not

I have been debating going for suicides and then I pulled ghost last night. With Omega Red, Corvus, and Ghost now I feel like having suicides would be extremely beneficial to clear more content. I am currently working on chapter 5 exploration and just recently got Cavalier so I am also starting to tackle Variants.

Would suicides help a ton for this content or is it better to stick with a more standard mastery setup at this point? Also when using suicides wjth someone like void (spamming SP1) does it harm them a significant amount?
Any other tips or suggestions regarding suicides is appreciated.

Mastery: Suicides or Not 51 votes

Suicides
50%
PalanthraxMagicBentonDuMonUallinashesCaptain_MaimGatorSlam_MrvKnCropDusterCliffordcanch4rnScreaminghawkJuggerNotdoctorbSnakepWozzy101MarvzeliusThoye3ChikelBuffBeastBlack_SwanSavage 26 votes
No suicides
43%
BadroseSw0rdMasterLmaoThe_Blue_JaguarRookiieDenslo500MetalJakeThicco_ModeGreekhitCtfz35DarkDuelistMojoXErocksKAYDACrcrcrcValentinos13Rayaan_2000DarkKnight646NuclearOrkGhost12 22 votes
Wait for more suicide friendly champs
5%
Kill_GreyHassamaMamaCowabunga 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    The_Blue_JaguarThe_Blue_Jaguar Posts: 249 ★★
    No suicides
    I find recoil to be too hampering to my play style. If it was lowered to even 2/3% damage it would be doable, but my top champs rely on specials.
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★
    No suicides
    I've been running suicides for awhile with Ghost, Corvus, OR, BWCV
  • Options
    SnakepSnakep Posts: 362 ★★★
    Suicides
    Corvus and OR can heal back recoil damage and ghost can phase through recoil damage. The increase in damage output will far outweigh the negatives.
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★
    OR, ghost, magik, corvus, aegon... (Only missing bwcv)
    Vs
    HB, hype, archangel, shulk, void, monkey, venom vtd..

Don't see 5* saber or wasp to really help OR and ghost.. And you already have hype, HB, shulk and void at decent levels...

If you like SP spam playstyle of hype, Shulk, void, monkey and HB, then no. Both OR and Ghost are trickyish to play.

OR with suicides at high sig and saber can do most of act 5 exploration itemless (not Ultron). But not sure that's worth it unless you are really committed.
  • Options
    Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    No suicides
    for the champs you have ranked now, no.

Once you get Ghost, Omega, and Corvus ranked up, yes.
  • Options
    SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    Suicides
    Literally every single champion besides some from the bottom third image benefit greatly from suicides and are somewhat compatible with it. Only go for it if you can get some points in coagulate too because that can really save you on potions.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Vs

Don't see 5* saber or wasp to really help OR and ghost.. And you already have hype, HB, shulk and void at decent levels...

If you like SP spam playstyle of hype, Shulk, void, monkey and HB, then no. Both OR and Ghost are trickyish to play.

OR with suicides at high sig and saber can do most of act 5 exploration itemless (not Ultron). But not sure that's worth it unless you are really committed.

Hype, AA, and Hit Monkey are all suicide friendly my manz.
  • Options
    At this point in time, I'd say no. Buy start ranking up your suicide friendly champs like AA, Magik, Corvus, OR, Ghost, Hit Monkey, etc, and I'd do it.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    Running just half Suicides (the poison one) + Willpower won‘t really hurt any Champ. You just need to adapt your playstyle to avoid too many recoil hits.

You could go for mostly SP 3 (no recoil for that one) or just finish the fight with SP (no recoil as well). And most of the times it‘s fine to loose 5-10% to recoil a fight ... you got 5 Champs and will make it through your mission anyway.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Vs

Not really for Hype. That SP 1 and 2 spam is one of the major things that makes him so good, and guess what recoil has to say about that?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Vs

Not really for Hype. That SP 1 and 2 spam is one of the major things that makes him so good, and guess what recoil has to say about that?
    Heavy and Sp3 spamming is still a really solid way to go and Poison immunity means you don't get the heal reduction.
  • Options
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Vs

Heavy and Sp3 spamming is still a really solid way to go and Poison immunity means you don't get the heal reduction.
    Yeah, that's the usual strategy for content like variant 2. But in general questing, man does it take a lot out of the fun of hammering the opponent with back-to-back SP 1 and 2.
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Vs

Yeah, that's the usual strategy for content like variant 2. But in general questing, man does it take a lot out of the fun of hammering the opponent with back-to-back SP 1 and 2.
    Sure is, but it's not like he's not suicide friendly. If you just spamming heavies and Sp3's, he's still a top champ.
  • Options
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Vs

Sure is, but it's not like he's not suicide friendly. If you just spamming heavies and Sp3's, he's still a top champ.
    Yeah, solid enough. You could go for light and mediums as well cuz it seems you forgot about that, lol.
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Vs

Yeah, solid enough. You could go for light and mediums as well cuz it seems you forgot about that, lol.
    Well I didn't forget, heavies are just the way to go so it's mainly what you want to spam. 😂
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★
    Etjama said:

Vs

I'd agree they can work with suicides almost anyone can, but all three benefit from SP spam in a non suicide build. Hence me saying, "if you like the SP spam playstyle".

But up to the op. I run suicides and have 5/65 hype for example, do he can be done, just not to his full potential.

Anyway, I'd personally do it as they make arena bearable. But for your champs, hard choice...
  • Options
    Thoye3Thoye3 Posts: 96
    Suicides
    I dont have 5* wasp or sabertooth yet which is part of the reason I am hesitant. Not having them for act 6 would make using ghost and sabertooth a little painful. I am close to having the ability to have another rank 5 5* which I am thinking about using on ghost once I get her up. Thanks for all the suggestions. Sounds like I should wait a bit before making the decision. I might just save up the units and try suicides out once my champs are ready.
  • Options
    edited November 2020

Etjama said:

Vs

I'd agree they can work with suicides almost anyone can, but all three benefit from SP spam in a non suicide build. Hence me saying, "if you like the SP spam playstyle".

But up to the op. I run suicides and have 5/65 hype for example, do he can be done, just not to his full potential.

Anyway, I'd personally do it as they make arena bearable. But for your champs, hard choice...
    If you only like to special spam when using Hype, he isn't suicide friendly, no. But I don't understand what you're talking about with the others. AA doesn't need any specials at all and Hit Monkey shrugs off debuffs/doesn't rely on either of his specials.

Hype is friendly with suicides as in you can work around them and have a super solid character, but AA/Hit Monkey benefit from them greatly and there aren't many situations where you wouldn't want suicides with them.