**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Red Guardian vs. Omega Red (Who to Awaken?)

DarkDuelistDarkDuelist Posts: 666 ★★★
So right now I have both 5* Omega Red and Red Guardian, and I can awaken one of them plus put 160 sigs. The main reason I ask is I'm NOT using suicides, so I know that makes the decision a lot closer. My main goals are act 6, variants, and overall usage for aw, aq, questing. Please vote and explain why, thanks.

Red Guardian vs. Omega Red (Who to Awaken?) 14 votes

Omega Red
85%
CliffordcanRockypantherxMeebletonEtjamaRazeStrikeJragonMaster170EtherealityCrcrcrcWill3808aroseinbloom39[Deleted User]Primerprime5 12 votes
Red Guardian
14%
Kill_GreyABOMB 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Omega Red
    IMO omega red is still really good without suicides. I don’t know much about red guardians awakened ability but I’d definitely put the gem and sigs into omega
  • Options
    EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    edited November 2020
    Omega Red
    I dont have Red Guardian nor know much about his strengths so take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt.

I voted OR because I have him R5 with 160 sig too. I run half suicides ( No LC) but played enough with him without them too. And you really cant go wrong with him. Besides his well known powerful feature set, remember he is also poison and basically bleed immune too, Red Guardian isn't. For act 6.1 OR can be your main path clearer and is of limited help for Sabretooth,Loki and Crossbones bosses, not the best counter to them but not bad either.

Red Guardian I don't see him being of that much help in 6.1 act least. As a path clearer maybe but most bosses would simply destroy him, especially 6.1.5 Crossbones.

I'd say the choice depends on how well stacked you are (or not) already on the mutant and science departments. Do you have other high rank high sig mutants? Synergy wise for OR It helps if you have sabretooth, collosus, wolvie, red mags and warlock ( the latter to pair along with red mags = +24% mutant sp damage). Same goes with your sciences ... if you dont have any good science then ranking up and awakening Red Guardian is not a bad choice. Synergy wise, if you have movie black widow ranked helps, and most ironically, Red Guardian has some killer synergies with OR and sabretooth... so not a bad idea to rank up both RG and OR down the line.

I must point out though that if you do rank up Red Guardian you should seriously rethink using that many sig stones with him. With OR the answer is easy : him and Namor are the single two mutants that do deserve using as many sig stones as possible. Red Guardian though?... I doubt it. I think Void and CAIW are two science champs that are way, waaaay much more deserving of all the sig stones you can get.