**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5* Archangel

BestReconBestRecon Posts: 516 ★★★
edited November 2020 in Strategy and Tips

I pulled a 5* aa yesterday. Never used him before. I’ve heard he is good at r4 and doesn’t need r5, does that still stand? I know he needs awakening, got a generic but saving that for Ægon because he’s the only thing stopping me from an abyss run. @Kill_Grey i want to know how useful he will be in act 6 exploration... can I get an idea what boss fight/lanes he counters? Will be very helpful. Thanks.

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Congrats on AA! And you.foild save the generic if you want, but I'd advise you do Awaken AA. With the AAR, he counters almost every act 6 node that he is viable for. With the heal block, he counters nodes like buffet, masochism, arc overload, vigor, selective timestream, etc.

As for bosses, he can counter 6.3.1 Medusa, 6.2.5 Mordo, 6.2.6 Champion, 6.1.5 crossbones,.6.1.1 Sabreman, 6.4.2 thor rags, 6.2.1 sym supreme.

In act 6 exploration, he is extremely useful! Almost every 6.1 and 6.2 global is of no derogatory effect to AA. He's probably the champ that can counter the most global nodes there apart from Ghost and quake.
    No retreat, power struggle, combo party, long distance relationship, close encounters (this one is a bit weird), power struggle, hurt locker, lifecycle, backblast, icarus, maybe not destructive feedback tho, do not go gentle; all countered by AA through his consistent AAR, playstyle and/or heal block.

There you have it! In 6.3 and 6.4, there are a good amount of lanes which AA can handle.
  • BestReconBestRecon Posts: 516 ★★★

He’s great! He has great damage, but needs awakening. Awakened ability reduces aa for each neurotoxin, which can be 100% once a few are active, while simultaneously stoping all healing. Get him awakened and he counters tons of nodes. Congrats on the pull!

Thanks. I can certainly see how powerful a good AAR is.
    HI_guys said:

He's 100% R5 worthy. He obliterates champs that can bleed and be posioned.hes really good for reverse controls, no retreat and such. Awakening is really good. You never know if you'll ever get Aegon.

That is true. Especially with all the awakening gems kabams been giving out recently, I think I might be fine with awakening him.
    Kill_Grey said:

Congrats on AA! And you.foild save the generic if you want, but I'd advise you do Awaken AA. With the AAR, he counters almost every act 6 node that he is viable for. With the heal block, he counters nodes like buffet, masochism, arc overload, vigor, selective timestream, etc.

As for bosses, he can counter 6.3.1 Medusa, 6.2.5 Mordo, 6.2.6 Champion, 6.1.5 crossbones,.6.1.1 Sabreman, 6.4.2 thor rags, 6.2.1 sym supreme.

In act 6 exploration, he is extremely useful! Almost every 6.1 and 6.2 global is of no derogatory effect to AA. He's probably the champ that can counter the most global nodes there apart from Ghost and quake.
    No retreat, power struggle, combo party, long distance relationship, close encounters (this one is a bit weird), power struggle, hurt locker, lifecycle, backblast, icarus, maybe not destructive feedback tho, do not go gentle; all countered by AA through his consistent AAR, playstyle and/or heal block.

There you have it! In 6.3 and 6.4, there are a good amount of lanes which AA can handle.

Thanks for that! Knowing he counters 6.2 mordo and champion boss is what gets me excited.