**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Will Cav deals be worse than last time?

Hey gang - so we all can admit that the Cav deals for July 4th this year were absolutely mental (Nexus 6*s, t5cc, boatload of 6* shards, etc etc). What I'm concerned about is will they make Cav deals worse now that Thronebreaker has been released?

I ask mainly because I had this goal to beat the Grandmaster by Christmas before I put the game down for a year (for work reasons). Was gonna use the Cav deals (hoping they're similar as July 4th) to keep growing/developing my 5* roster, save the 6* shards for the next featured to try and get Apoc, X, and/or CGR, and then focus on 6*s when I return to the game next fall. Simple plan, right? I feel as if my account is not in the position to pursue a massive/dope 6* roster yet, so my focus is still on r5ing dope 5*s.

Now, what's wild is if I get 4500 Cosmic t5cc fragments this weekend, the 25% selector from beating the Grandmaster and completing Act 6 will get me enough fragments to take my 6* Corvus to r3, thus getting me that Thronebreaker milestone at the same time, giving me that base to return to the game with. Sweet!

BUT. If the Cav deals are nowhere near as good as they were because of the Thronebreaker title release, that kinda throws a wrench in those future prep plans. With that in mind, what are everyone's thoughts? Will Cav deals be similar to how they were last? Or will they be worse, and should I try and rush to complete 6.3 and 6.4 this weekend to get Thronebreaker before the weekend ends?

Will Cav deals be worse than last time? 98 votes

Cav deals will be the same, you're gucci. Get dem beast 5*s up!
69%
zuffyPsychoakumaR_D_JrWmbly6216wegnerkMasterduxDogfoodLidHeattblasttTheHoodedDormammuLmaoMigginslyredsoxpatsfan89PrylankbrandinhoDenzel116silentagXva23NablockWozzy101GoDlyZor 68 votes
Cav deals will be worse, get Thronebreaker during the weekend.
30%
LewisTheLlamaHeraldofNonegohard123Liss_Bliss_BrokenSouthfenceFaisaljavedMoosetiptronicNapaHeroMeebletonabqberMurse8404Iron_Patriot_is_litKRANꓘBigKidScottyFrostyNickelUvoginJosephAshSoar2878TTG2020 30 votes

Comments

• Options
    Soyheyor123Soyheyor123 Posts: 395 ★★
    I hope so (^~^;)ゞ
  • Options
    Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    I doubt they'd be worse. If they were worse then Cav players would be less likely to buy them
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Lovejoy72 said:

The only speculation I have is based on 2018 uncollected CM deals vs 2019 July 4 uncollected. Cav was introduced between the two. And uncollected deals, arguably, got worse. Not hugely worse, but 7 months had gone by and you had slightly less for your money for rewards 7 months more dated.

But, past performance does not guarantee feature results, and all that. Just don’t set all your hopes on it.

I think theres a difference between the rewards having less value and them literally being worse
  • Options
    GoDlyZorGoDlyZor Posts: 150
    Lovejoy72 said:

The only speculation I have is based on 2018 uncollected CM deals vs 2019 July 4 uncollected. Cav was introduced between the two. And uncollected deals, arguably, got worse. Not hugely worse, but 7 months had gone by and you had slightly less for your money for rewards 7 months more dated.

But, past performance does not guarantee feature results, and all that. Just don’t set all your hopes on it.

That's interesting, do you have a source or a somewhere I can see the comparison between the two?
  • Options
    GoDlyZor said:

Lovejoy72 said:

That's interesting, do you have a source or a somewhere I can see the comparison between the two?
    I might be wrong, but I don't think the content in rewards went down, but rather the value compared to rarity of items then. So like it was 10k 5* shards for this deal, but when cav was there and deals came out 7 months later, you get 11k, but by then, 11k shards was worth less than 10k shards when the original deals came out
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Wait until it drops to actually see it. No one will be answer you precisely on regard of that
  • Options
    DodgerDogDodgerDog Posts: 86
    The deals better at least as good and should be better or kabam doesn’t get a dime of mine
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    IMO the Cav reward will be about 25 percent better than they were on July 4, and that's a general number based only on how the July 4-CW deals have evolved over the past two years. I have no inside info, but I would be shocked if Kabam made the Cav deals worse than before. It would dissolve the excitement over these deals for many players, which is the opposite of what Kabam wants.
  • Options
    BKSwisherSweetBKSwisherSweet Posts: 144 ★★
    It's going to be worse for Kabam because they still haven't fixed the random crashes so players are going to be less likely to spend.
  • Options
    DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    I’m thinking 7* shards for thornbreakers
  • Options
    JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    God I hope not . I worked quite hard on grinidng those 18k units and becoming Cav and I did solely for this deal
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    They deals will most likely be the same or slightly better than they were on July 4th simply because if they are worse, people will be less likely to buy them. What is likely gonna happen is that the TB deals will be nuclear compared to the Cav deals to offset the difference between the two.
  • Options
    Soar2878Soar2878 Posts: 143 ★★
    Cav deals will be worse, get Thronebreaker during the weekend.

I’m thinking 7* shards for thornbreakers

A 7 star Nexus crystal to be opened at a later date.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    edited November 2020

GoDlyZor said:

Lovejoy72 said:

I might be wrong, but I don't think the content in rewards went down, but rather the value compared to rarity of items then. So like it was 10k 5* shards for this deal, but when cav was there and deals came out 7 months later, you get 11k, but by then, 11k shards was worth less than 10k shards when the original deals came out
    Something like that. Except that the rarest items at the time (t5b and 6* shards) actually stayed flat (6*), or went down (t5b). They added T2a I think, and a few more 5* shards, to compensate.
  • Options
    GoDlyZor said:

Lovejoy72 said:

I just picked a random YouTuber (hoff in this case), and watched the appropriate videos in separate windows. The unit deals were about the same as 7 months prior, cash had increased lower rarity items, decrease or flat high rarity. They were in no way improved, and worse in some ways.

Now, I have no idea what that means. It’s just a history lesson.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72 said:

GoDlyZor said:

Lovejoy72 said:

Something like that. Except that the rarest items at the time (t5b and 6* shards) actually stayed flat (6*), or went down (t5b). They added T2a I think, and a few more 5* shards, to compensate.
    gotcha. I think that's alright, as long as they don't directly go down, like from 4.5 to 4. We don't know if that was because of the introduction of cav either. I think the same has happened in the last years between deals, even without a new titlr
  • Options
    Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    I'll respond in a little less than 24h and let you know....
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    The game has evolved since july deals as i just r3ed a 6* champ and i still have 11 t5b. so my prediction is they’ll be significantly better
  • Options
    PyrdaPyrda Posts: 255 ★★
    The deals will be a bit better so people will be able to reach thronebreaker to progress, still play and spend
  • Options
    Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    neither of them

deals are becoming better not worse
  • Options
    Nocko said:

They've never gotten worse than previous big sale. They always up the ante... i guess at some point, they might have to plateau the sales unless they start introducing the 6* r4 resources but they've got some room to wriggle before that becomes an issue

July 4th sales felt like a GIANT leap though, so im actually expecting tomorrow's sales to be only marginally better than them.

But that is specifically the question. Will they be marginally better for throne breaker over the prior top progression level? And if so what can they possibly do with the cavalier? As I pointed out above the last time we had a change with the top progression level deals either stay flat or got slightly worse for those who remained at the prior progression level. It’s better to temper expectations.
  • Options
    HassamaMamaHassamaMama Posts: 114
    Yea guys to clarify, I'm just looking for everyone's speculations/thoughts - nobody is going to have a definitive answer.

Also, again, what I'm worried about is will they take away those insanely high value items from the Cavalier deals (t5cc fragment crystals, 6* Nexus crystal, insane amount of 6* shards) and move them to the Thronebreaker deals now that that title's been introduced? Or do you think we'll see similar/slightly better items for Cavaliers?
  • Options
    CreeseazCreeseaz Posts: 277
    Wondering this myself
  • Options
    Lovejoy72 said:

GoDlyZor said:

Lovejoy72 said:

I just picked a random YouTuber (hoff in this case), and watched the appropriate videos in separate windows. The unit deals were about the same as 7 months prior, cash had increased lower rarity items, decrease or flat high rarity. They were in no way improved, and worse in some ways.

Now, I have no idea what that means. It’s just a history lesson.
    Occasionally, history is a good teacher. Unless the wrong people learned the lesson?
  • Options
    kmac_qtpkmac_qtp Posts: 62
    You know, had I answered this before the deals, I would have said "Kabam knows in COVID it's going to be tougher to get players to come off their money. They also have PS5 to compete with. I think they know they have to show up to the table with their best."

Now, I think that it's a retroactive readjustment of making progression too easy and it almost feels like a lecture that we should just be greatful for the deals they're willing to give us because they would have been good deals at one time.