**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Wondering about the worth of 6* R2 relative to 5* R5 except as on the way to 6* R3

Hey all,

I've been wondering, given things like the way Combat Power Rate scale to Rank irrespective of Rarity, about the usefulness of going to 6* R2 unless I'm ready to go to 6* R3 (which at the moment will still take quite a while for me....)

I'm working off the assumption that the Combat Power Rate info I got from a post a while ago is still correct:
Rank 1 1
Rank 2 1.05
Rank 3 1.1
Rank 4 1.15
Rank 5 1.2

I went to AuntM.ai and looked at a few champions.

For HP and Attack, 6* R2 Champions had 9% higher values than 5* R5 Champions. On the other hand, 6* R2 Champs had 13% lower power gain compared to 5* R5 Champions. As far as Armor goes, that seems to depend on the Armor of the Champion. The average seemed to be that 6* R2 Champions had 18% less Armor than 5* R5 Champions. For very high Armor Champions the difference is a bit less. Doctor Doom, for example has 11% less Armor as a 6* R2 compared to 5* R5. Some Champions with lower Armor, like Omega Red, for example, have 24% less Armor as a 6* R2 Champion as compared to as a 5* R5 Champion.

Anyway, at the moment I'm leaning towards the position that bringing one of my 6*s to R2 isn't worth it until I can bring a 6* to R3. The 9% higher HP and Attack doesn't seem to compensate for the loss in Armor and Power Rate, although I guess that would partly depend on one's play style and the Champion being used. There's also the 6* ability to regain, possibly, some amount of lost health, although that was hard for me to quantify on average. Perhaps we could say they a 6* R2 gets 20% more HP than their 5* R5 counterpart? Still, not sure it's worth it.

For comparison, a 6* R3 Champion relative to their 5* R5 version has:
29% higher HP and Attack
8% lower Power Rate
10% less Armor (on average, and depending on original Armor value.. higher Armor, less difference)

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Peace,
The Salt Doll