**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

It's just me or this years gifting rewards are total garbage?

BeroManBeroMan Posts: 272 ★★★★
edited November 2020 in General Discussion
Am I missing something or this year top 10 alliance from the gifting event will really get 3k 6* shard and 5k 5* shard and half t2 alpha? Are those really correct numbers? This is top 10 alliance rewards not to mention 5% and other brackets that will get basically nothing relevant.

Comments

• zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,145 ★★★★★
    Where is this gifting event info? I can’t find it
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,168 ★★★★★
    The best is in the solos.
  • BeroManBeroMan Posts: 272 ★★★★
    Same goes with solo ranking rewards, 5% bracket that I was aiming is so ridiculous. And even top 300 is not exiting at all. I really think maybe there is some mistake. This feels like 2018, maximum 2019.
  • Was525Was525 Posts: 98
    Arent their better rewards in the solo gifting event? I thought I saw that their were. Maybe they are wanting to prevent what happened last year and just buffed solo rewards. RIP COWHALE
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    I had the same realization. Unless the crystals are absolutely lit, the rank rewards aren’t special.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    BeroMan said:

Am I missing something or this year top 10 alliance from the gifting event will really get 3k 6* shard and 5k 5* shard and half t2 alpha? Are those really correct numbers? This is top 10 alliance rewards not to mention 5% and other brackets that will get basically nothing relevant.
    nothing relevant.

I think the rewards for top allies are enough.
    Kabam already last months treats more than good the whales (TB title huge benefits, top allies AW rewards upgrade etc.).
    The game is already a pay to win fiesta, and it surely doesn’t need to become more, cause that will mean the start of its death.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I think they are trying to protect us from alliance manipulations by pushing it off to solo objectives. Then they just have to deal with a few individuals. But the solo of rewards are certainly OK!
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    BeroMan said:

They reduced the alliance rewards and buffed up the solo rewards due to cheating in the past. This is what we get when others can't do the right thing.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Even more incentive to save my units.
  • SnurrisSnurris Posts: 428 ★★★
    Yes it’s garbage....
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Cowhale isn't here to complain about it. Looks like spending will be down with these rewards.
  • MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★

Meebleton said:

The reason they put all the rewards in the solo event is so that f2p players don't get much benefit from their alliance mates spending on gifting, if you want good gifting rewards you'll have to spend yourself now

This is not true.
    Well I guess I can't say for certain that it's true since I can't read their minds and fimd out what their reasonings are, but I always assume the worst when it comes to Kabam. Or any soulless corporate entity for that matter, when it comes to businesses their motivation is always money.
    I understand that everyone has a different perspective. And assessment of rewards depends on what progression level are you, do you spend game or not and so on. For me, I bought some Thronebreaker cyber Monday deals yesterday and especially after that these rewards really seem joke and feels like 2018.

also After cyber Monday offers, I am really amazed that some people would suggest here that the Company is trying to protect the players that do not spend on the game by giving these rewards. lol.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    Meebleton said:

The reason they put all the rewards in the solo event is so that f2p players don't get much benefit from their alliance mates spending on gifting, if you want good gifting rewards you'll have to spend yourself now

Remember alliance gifting drama last year ?, i think they try to avoid that
    As for Solo ranking rewards, yeah top 120 player that spends most will get great rewards ok maximum 300, but I am not going for that. what is the percentage of 300 players from all active players? 0.001% or something. And after that top 5% rewards sucks imho. As a thronbreaker player They are not exciting for me at all.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,174 ★★★
    Where can i see this info mentioned? I can't see anywhere. I tried to search forum but maybe I'm not good at it
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    I just wana know if the greater gifting crystals even have any good stuff in them to incentivize people to even gift. As a thronebreaker, I thought the 10k unit offer wasn’t worth it and saved my units for the gifting event instead
    edited November 2020

Where can i see this info mentioned? I can't see anywhere. I tried to search forum but maybe I'm not good at it

@Anurag1606 , you can see it here. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/235825/joy-to-the-world-the-ham-is-come/p1
  • LPH_337LPH_337 Posts: 74
    After yesterday i can hardly stand to look at the game. I do AQ/AW thats it. Went from so excited about this game 2 days ago to absolutely burned out
  • SafenosSafenos Posts: 32
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1538566#Comment_1538566

For the gifting event, the 'Alliance ranked rewards' have been cut in half. Is this intended? And if so can someone explain to me why this happened? A year has passed and the rewards had to be at least the same

This was intended, and it's to put more of an Emphasis on the Solo Event rewards which have been buffed quite a bit. Last year, we weren't very happy with some of the behaviour surrounding the Alliance Gifting event, so this is another step we're taking to deter any funny business.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    Meebleton said:

This is not true.
    Meebleton said:

Meebleton said:

This is not true.
    Well I guess I can't say for certain that it's true since I can't read their minds and fimd out what their reasonings are, but I always assume the worst when it comes to Kabam. Or any soulless corporate entity for that matter, when it comes to businesses their motivation is always money.
    Miike commented on the main post saying they reduced alliance rewards and buffed the solo rewards to try and reduce the cheating and stuff from years past.
  • GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★
    Did Kabam release whats in the gcc?