**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Kabam’s outlook toward cavalier players

Comments

• Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

People had a 2 month window in between the announcement of TB and Black Friday to push 100% act 6 (which was drastically nerfed) or abyss (which has more or less been entirely figured out by the player base and a wealth of knowledge exists to help the community) for a T5CC and they’re still going to complain? If you aren’t doing endgame content then what makes you think you deserve endgame relevance? Put the work in and you will get the perks, it’s quite simple lol

Problem is I need R3 6* for that content or loads of recources... Act 6 100% would cost me about 100k units grandmaster alone cost me 45 revives...
    If the grandmaster take u so many reviews I’m wil go as far and said u don’t even deserve to be cavalier progressives
    Dude, have you seen the lag and AI in that fight lately?
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020

This took me far too long to get, it’s quite funny though.

Apparently only one in three people share my sensibilities. The rest might have confused me for another shill.

I hope this is an opportunity to reflect on just how often Kabam announces ”GFY” to the player base.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

DrZola said:

The best you all can do is 16 disagrees? Disappointing.
    I love the “let them eat cake” vibe that screenshot you keep spamming gives off...

That was a ludicrous sentiment back then and even more so today after T5c shards have been monetized for months.

Dr. Zola
    How though? I am just trying to understand. I was barely over the TB line when it was announced. But I play with people who have r3 champs for fun. And that's what Kabam Michael was alluding to in that post.

Cav and TB (and all) players are on a spectrum and I feel like the people who are on the cusp of TB are the ones getting burnt here. But I think a lot of Cav players are no where near TB and just want to push in by buying the deals that have t5cc in it. Like my 2nd account, which has done 6.4 completion but is no where near a t5cc.

Hard cut offs always have painful edges. I have experienced it with t4cc back in 2017. Having said that I think path to TB is quite clear i.e. 100% Abyss (almost guaranteed to have a worthy champ). So, I feel quite ok in this cut off requirement.
    People were fine when players far farther along were lumped in with them but now that they're at the top of that particular group, feel it's unfair being lumped in with players so much farther behind themselves basically.

Also people that have been complaining about selectors being monetized so much the last couple of months are upset that selectors weren't monetized for them on Friday.
  • Options
    Ebony_Naw said:

DrZola said:

I love the “let them eat cake” vibe that screenshot you keep spamming gives off...

That was a ludicrous sentiment back then and even more so today after T5c shards have been monetized for months.

Dr. Zola
    I can't say I agree with you. The target audience is theirs to choose. And because neither of us fall into that target that means we're not entitled to complain about the fairness of TB. All people have to do is a single run through Act 6 and a single run through Abyss to have the ability to become TB. I also get 70% of a t5cc per month without spending a dime on them (all I generally spend money on is the unit card pack because I don't have enough time for arena). Here's my t5cc breakdown:

10% cav exploration
    10% bonus challenge
    10% side quest (most months)
    40%: 4× 10% per AQ week × 4 weeks

Sure, they're not all from the same class, but I've gotten pretty close to forming multiple classes in a matter of months. Only issue is the prestige paywall means sooner or later I may get kicked because my prestige still relies mostly on 5*s, but that's not the issue being discussed here.
    Been saying this for months. There's plenty of t5cc available in AQ currently regardless of your ranking.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,171 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Gamer said:

People had a 2 month window in between the announcement of TB and Black Friday to push 100% act 6 (which was drastically nerfed) or abyss (which has more or less been entirely figured out by the player base and a wealth of knowledge exists to help the community) for a T5CC and they’re still going to complain? If you aren’t doing endgame content then what makes you think you deserve endgame relevance? Put the work in and you will get the perks, it’s quite simple lol

Problem is I need R3 6* for that content or loads of recources... Act 6 100% would cost me about 100k units grandmaster alone cost me 45 revives...
    If the grandmaster take u so many reviews I’m wil go as far and said u don’t even deserve to be cavalier progressives
    Dude, have you seen the lag and AI in that fight lately?
    Well then I’m one of the fews who doesn’t hav any issues with the game aside from my. Mis tap that’s one me and honsly 45 revies one the grandmaster is to much
  • Options
    SecretWarri0rSecretWarri0r Posts: 230
    What cracks me up is how many people “disagreed” with OP, since they are all too stupid to understand what GFY actually stands for... and it’s not gifts for you.... Jesus this forum has one brain cell and it’s dying of loneliness.
  • Options
    MrR0b0tMrR0b0t Posts: 234
    GFY. ......Gift For You or Go F**k Yourself. I think the latter fits my experience better.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

I was specifically addressing the notion that t5cc have been monetized. I would argue that they have never been more available ftp, and all from guaranteed sources where you're not competing with others.

I agree that the deals are bad, and I'm not satisfied with the lip service we've been given and another promise to do better. Unit deals were bad and cav deals shouldn't have had a complete 180 on t5cc offered. But that doesn't mean that t5cc has disappeared ftp. Quite the contrary.

Agreed. And that’s what I’m doing, just not as quickly as someone running Map 7. I’m ok with slow and steady and have no need for a R3 (or even R5’s in some respects) to finish all monthly content and the freshly nerfed Act 6.

But the cash T5c deals have also been flowing lately. July 4 25%, the $50 10% selector offers (limited at 2/pop), even a couple 5% offers recently. If you want to spend and don’t want to play for it, even with pretty bad luck, there’s your T5c.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Ebony_Naw said:

I was specifically addressing the notion that t5cc have been monetized. I would argue that they have never been more available ftp, and all from guaranteed sources where you're not competing with others.

I agree that the deals are bad, and I'm not satisfied with the lip service we've been given and another promise to do better. Unit deals were bad and cav deals shouldn't have had a complete 180 on t5cc offered. But that doesn't mean that t5cc has disappeared ftp. Quite the contrary.

Basically exactly how I feel. The unit offers for both Cav and TB were horrible. T5cc isn't my main gripe with them though (I don't see why there wasn't some in the cav bundle and more in the TB bundle still), it's sig stones for TB in particular. F2p players have had basically zero access to sigs ever since 6*s started becoming more attainable. There's absolutely no point in taking a whole lot of champs to R3 at sig 20. They're practically unusable. Even if someone finishes abyss 100% they can't max sig a single 6* let alone 3 R3s. Then 10 random class stones a month from that point on through Cav EQ? That's ridiculous.
  • Options

Ebony_Naw said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    I can't say I agree with you. The target audience is theirs to choose. And because neither of us fall into that target that means we're not entitled to complain about the fairness of TB. All people have to do is a single run through Act 6 and a single run through Abyss to have the ability to become TB. I also get 70% of a t5cc per month without spending a dime on them (all I generally spend money on is the unit card pack because I don't have enough time for arena). Here's my t5cc breakdown:

10% cav exploration
    10% bonus challenge
    10% side quest (most months)
    40%: 4× 10% per AQ week × 4 weeks

Sure, they're not all from the same class, but I've gotten pretty close to forming multiple classes in a matter of months. Only issue is the prestige paywall means sooner or later I may get kicked because my prestige still relies mostly on 5*s, but that's not the issue being discussed here.
    Been saying this for months. There's plenty of t5cc available in AQ currently regardless of your ranking.
    What's annoying now us that I'm struggling to find a map 7 AQ alliance that will take me on because my prestige us too low because I don't have a rank 3. I give up. 🤣
    That honestly will probably be a problem for some people unfortunately. It's hard getting people you're already playing with to move up and finding new alliances that are actually good can be even harder.

Wish there was more advice I could give there or alliances I could even recommend. All I can suggest is to keep looking. Join line groups and discord servers. Check here and reddit. Talk to other players you know running map 7. That's a tough one but I do hope you have some luck, hate seeing players that are willing to step up and make the effort not be able to.
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★
    edited November 2020
    @TyEdge I do believe that is 30 people who are either too literal, too zealous or lacking in humor.

Your analysis of kabam's continuous "gift for you", or to label it correctly, GFY, to the non whale community is on the money.

Indeed it brings to mind my relationship with my wife and her continuous GFY approach to my amorous approaches. Lucky chap that I am.

Kabam's GFY to each of us, is entirely fair, considerate and measured ;-)

(and had me laughing when I read it through uninitialised /unabbreviated! Got to be said each time, like Hanks/Hanratty character in catch me if you can - kind of Bronx drawl)
  • Options
    MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    All these jilted partner posts - "my love isn't treating me how I want to be treated" - it's just how things go.
    Kabam have done some awesome things since June, next month looks great and January is generally a solid month too.

I'm pretty positive about the way things are going. I'm on 6.3.2 and slowly working through, I've been playing since April 2016 and still enjoy the game. Sure there are highs and lows but, this year has seen Kabam make a real effort to improve for the player base.

I'm not trying to be on whatever measure against others, I see no point in comparing myself to whales or the ultra instinct players. Middle of the road is fine.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

I truly appreciate the nuanced discussion of the resource meta, but the topic is supposed to be about all the ways Kabam has Gifts For You.

What’s the most memorable way Kabam has delivered a GFY?

6* Diablo is the greatest present I ever got
  • Options
    DP3030DP3030 Posts: 15
    As a new-ish Cavalier player, I think ramming Throne Breaker title into game prior to Cyber Weekend was a bad move. It was totally unnecessary and should have been timed with the release of Book 2/Act 7 along with the 6 year anniversary in December. It would then give every player plenty of time leading up to July 4, 2021 to get the title and the better rewards.

But to arbitrarily drop it two months ago and then shaft the Cav player base with **** unit bundles/offers on top of that was just dumb. And to be clear, I’m not against TB players and those that spend here, just saying the timing of this new in-game ceiling prior to the biggest spending weekend was poorly thought out and executed.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Well put @DP3030
This discussion has been closed.