**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Best team to take down Kingpin Boss in Master Quest?

I have a decent set of 4 star heroes, but I tend to use the ones that use a lot of debuffers which trigger his rage. I'm wondering what team I'd have more success with. My only SL is a maxed 3 star.

4/40 Duped - Wolverine, x-23, GP, CA WW2, Hyperion, DV, SW
4/40 unduped - Stark SM, AA, Magik
3/30 Duped - SM MM, Dorm, Psylocke, WS
3/30 Unduped - Mordo, The Hood, RR, Sym SM, Ultron, Drax
1/10 unduped - BW

Comments

• R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    I have a decent set of 4 star heroes, but I tend to use the ones that use a lot of debuffers which trigger his rage. I'm wondering what team I'd have more success with. My only SL is a maxed 3 star.

1/10 unduped - BW

Any of your 4/40 champs should be dropping him.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Wolverine and X-23 alone should be walking all over him. Honestly, if they aren't getting the job done than its your skills being the issue and master is just gonna be a challenge for you for a bit.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    I agree. It sounds to me like you aren’t baiting his l1 and that you are extremely dependent upon parry. I didn’t have trouble with him using any champs. I used champs that caused a lot of debuff a just to make him mildly more difficult
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    I used my 4/40 ww2 duped believe it or not. The rages count as debuffs so you can push to sp2 and just block and most the time you take no damage.
  • DoctorofEvilDoctorofEvil Posts: 217
    Thanks for the comment Run477 - that's what the issue is. I'm using parry instead of evade and not baiting his special 1. I'll give It a whirl later today.
  • HzoriHzori Posts: 288 ★★
    I would use Wolvie (Regen), X-23 (Regen), SW (Chance to do insane crit damage), Stark Spidey (Taunt Bait Sp1) and Voodoo (Power burn).
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    I used my 4/40 ww2 duped believe it or not. The rages count as debuffs so you can push to sp2 and just block and most the time you take no damage.

This is what I did. The perfect block made him simple without having to bait every other combo.

DV with power burn should wreck him too. Just don't go for debuff specials.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    KhanMedina wrote: »

This is what I did. The perfect block made him simple without having to bait every other combo.

DV with power burn should wreck him too. Just don't go for debuff specials.

Ya he is so aggro its easy to get backed up when worrying about baiting sp1s. Sure the fights were a little long but nothing ridiculous. I also agree with DV working well.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    4/55 5 star Starlord with sig 104 worked pretty well
  • MannysmokerMannysmoker Posts: 314
    There's not best team, just play good..any champ can do the job..
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    You've got good enough champs. I'd probably steer clear of the wolverines because of the debuffs. Hyperion with his special 2 or just let his overcharges build. WW2, Magik, SW, or Stark should work well. Out of all those I'd probably try stark more than the others.
    It was said in other posts BAIT his special 1. Good luck
  • Ricardo60289Ricardo60289 Posts: 369
    Just bait his SP1, and evade backwards like 2 or 3 times and as his animation is almost over, go in for the forward dash 5 hit combo. Then Parry if he doesn't have his special.. if he has his SP1 again, then start baiting again. Easy peasy, I ran it with only two Rank 4's and a bunch of boosts lol.
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    His special 1 is extremely easy to bait... Easiest master boss ever..
  • Hey everyone! There's some excellent advice for taking on Kingpin in here, so to make sure it's in the right area and can be picked up and expanded on more easily, I've moved the thread to Strategy and Tips. Honestly, I wish I'd have found this thread before I tried it myself and got whooped. Keep it up!
  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★

1/10 unduped - BW

You'll want GP for the massive damage output, AA for same reason and class advantage, and I'd go Cap, Hypes, and Wolvie to round out the team. Nice roster BTW.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I had the best luck with my GP and that was still being very parry dependent. I'll try some of the other suggestions mentioned above because I plan on fully exploring this tomorrow.