**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Honest Review: Underrated or Overrated: DOMINO!!!

Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
Domino is…. in a awkward place right now in the meta. Back when she was released, her damage was insane. Everyone wanted a Domino, and she was perceived as one of the top champs, on par with the likes of Sparky and Blade. Now all of them have somewhat fallen off the top shelf, but not as much as domino. The huge problem with domino is that her damage is unreliable but its definitely insane. Its just that.. her damage is overshadowed by other champs with more reliable damage and better utility. Her utility is just.. minimal.
Lets go through her abilities together and see how she measures up in todays meta.

Probability Passive: This is one of things that highlight her RNG problem and her incomplete utility. 15% AA reduction isn’t going to do anything but reduce the chance slightly. It might save you occasionally. But its not anything even remotely reliable. I thought that she could counter small chances of things triggering significantly, like Sasquatch’s sp1 stun for example. BUT I’m not even sure if it works like that or if it’s a percentage of the number, like how 15% AA reduction might just reduce 10% to 8.5%. And the bleed tenacity chance is just frustrating to me. It’ll help you reduce suicide damage by a bit in half the fights, but you wont bring a domino to caltrops or a Morningstar fight.

For the non-contact attacks, its again the problem of incomplete utility. No matter what combo you try , you still have a hit that has contact. The ONLY possible way to completely mitigate is to parry and uh.. do one light attack. Then retreat and do a light again. This is.. extremely impractical and reduces her damage by a lot, not to mention its extremely frustrating. Her extra attack and Critical damage is not something I have a problem with, it makes her hit harder and its randomness isn’t absurd and its reasonable. Her perfect critical hit is also fine. Its not predictable, which is a downfall, but it does give you an opening so its acceptable.

The extra heavy attack damage isn’t something you would use unless you have the Flaming Trinity. So…. Moving on.

The extra block proficiency makes the Flaming Trinity much more sustainable, which is good in my book. The extra stun duration allows for longer combos so that’s cool.

Now… the lucky and unlucky passives.. I actually like them! Relatively to the rest of her kit of course. The Lucky passives are randomly triggering and gives you a boost to your crit and attack and other stuff that increases damage. This allows you to capitalize on your specials and decreases the chance of a critical hit a critical bleed not triggering. The Unlucky passive stops the opponent to evade and makes them weaker to damage. The reason I like this is that its guaranteed with a high combo. Having a guaranteed part of her kit is reassuring to me.

SP1 Extends the bled duration. Nice to have to increase the bleed damage if it’s a critical bleed.

Sp2: The crazy damage output special. IF it crits and IF there’s a string critical bleed, this special has the POTENTIAL to be crazy. But the problem is that the difference from the highest damage possible and what you get is too big and the highest possible outcome is nearly impossible.

Sp3:If you have a high combo count, this is the most guaranteed way to get insane damage.

Now…. The famous Flaming Trinity. This increases her damage exponentially and makes it more reliable. Its what I think is the synergy that saved Domino. However, it requires a synergy team, which is impractical in endgame content.

Pros:
Insane damage: she has one of the highest POTENTIAL of all the champs, but its so unreliable and unachievable.

Fun Factor: Those crazy numbers might entertain some people, but for me it’s the specials that don’t crit that hurt the most. ( for the player, not the opponent.)

Bypass Limber: Her most reliable utility comes form the Massacre synergy. It extends all debuff duration by 1 second… including a parry stun…

Cons:
Utility: The bleed tenacity is so unreliable, the taunt requires you to go to a sp2 and pray for a unlucky, if you don’t get a unlucky on your FIRST TRY on a All or Nothing node, your doomed. The Non- contact hits are uncomplete and hinders her damage.

Synergy Reliant: While Red Hulk and Massacre are great in themselves, Domino is going to be the main player and this is a waste of space for better champs with their own utility, which someone lacks…. Not saying who

Inconsistent: Her damage is soo RNG reliant and its just unreliable.

In conclusion, while she has some crazy damage form bleeds, she is overshadowed by others with actual utility. Her lack of usable utility and her inconsistency makes her less relevant than many others and she falls far down in the meta, being restricted form many pieces of content due to her lack of utility.

Comments

• Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
    Enjoy guys
    Who next....
    Woah guys thanks for the two stars!!!
    edited December 2020

Sentinel next. People claim he’s above G2099 competing with Warlock, some say Starky laughs at him.

I’m confused honestly, so I’d like to see a well thought out opinion from someone. He does look like a nice character

I’m on it.... McDonalds!!!
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Taskmaster or moon Knight next trust me people will LOVE it.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

I’m tired of this domino nonsense. She’s still one of the best champs in the game

That... that's just so false. That "nonsense" is just pure fact. She doesn't have a single piece of reliable utility. That alone disqualifies her from being anywhere near the top champs in the game.
    Well I have those so called “god tier” champs in my roster and I prefer using domino than most of them. I still consider her better than most
    Which ones lol?
    I choose her over OR, namor, havok and other mutants.
    SENTINEL is HERE

Who did u choose her over? and for what fights?

Today for my nf dungeon boss fight I needed a counter and I swapped out a champ and choose her over the others
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Rouger4 said:

It’s cool we all have different opinions.

Yeah, and some things are just false statements. i.e: "Domino is still one of the best champs in the game", "Domino is a top 5 Mutant", "Domino isn't a worthless piece of utter trash", etc.

Etjama said:

I’m tired of this domino nonsense. She’s still one of the best champs in the game

That... that's just so false. That "nonsense" is just pure fact. She doesn't have a single piece of reliable utility. That alone disqualifies her from being anywhere near the top champs in the game.
    Well I have those so called “god tier” champs in my roster and I prefer using domino than most of them. I still consider her better than most
    Which ones lol?
    I choose her over OR, namor, havok and other mutants.
    And what does she do better than Omega red?
    Everything. OR is very underwhelming without suicides and I don’t play with suicides
    She has better utility than OR? also plz say why she is better than Col, AA, and Red mags
    When did I say she’s better than red mags, col or AA?

But I’ll answer, I don’t think she’s better than mags, aa I do since aa very depend on the Champs being able to bleed and poison. Col I can’t speak on since I’ve never played with him.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

Rouger4 said:

It’s cool we all have different opinions.

Yeah, and some things are just false statements. i.e: "Domino is still one of the best champs in the game", "Domino is a top 5 Mutant", "Domino isn't a worthless piece of utter trash", etc.
    Saying she is trash is a bit far, but saying she has better uses than other top mutants is unjustifiable
    That one was for the memes. I have a burning hatred for Domino purely because of how overrated she is.