**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Honest review: Overrated or Underrated: Sentinel!

Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
Sentinel… the coolest robot in the MCOC universe… behind warlock of course. This guy.. or robot should I say ..is a full to the brim of utility.

But before I get on to the reason he’s underrated or overrated, lets get down to his core mechanic.. analysis charges. These charges are the basis for all his abilities… but how do you get them? The most effective way of gaining charges is getting hit….. actually that’s not a very good idea. As the analysis charges ramp up when the opponent repeats an action, you can hit into his block repeatedly with a MLLL combo to build up the charges. But what do these charges do?

Analysis gives you: Increased Attack, Increased Armor, Increased Crit Resistance and reduces the special attack cost.

Max Analysis: plus 100% duration to most of his DOT
A passive unstoppable on heavy
Allows the effects of specials to bypass opponents block.

What this adds up to is significantly tanky robot with double immunities and a doubled attack, as well as a significantly stronger shock and incinerate. The special cost and debuff duration synergizes well and allows you to keep the heal block and armor break on the opponent.

His sp1 applies armor break and heal block, and at max analysis you can have a 12 second heal block and you only need 3 quarters if a bar of power to reapply it.

His sp2 is the HUGE damage dealer, accounting for almost half his damage output. 50% of his attack rating per incinerate isn’t much, but….

50%x5 (he applies 5 of them)
250%x2( due to attack rating)
500%x2( due to 100% debuff duration)
Is… an astounding 1000% of his attack rating, which is at r3 30,000 incinerate damage!!!

His sp3 makes him even tankier and on the second sp3 he regenerates a solid chunk of hp.

Pros: Immunities

Emma Frost, Mysterio, Killmonger: His sp1 armor break can keep them under control

Heal Counters: Highly easy to access heal block which is active most of the time

DOT: he wields a easy to access and potent shock and as well as that incinerate.

Survivability: He can regenerate though it is a bit impractical, he also has a extremely potent armor, making him a complete tank.
Cons: Ramp up: You need a bit of ramp up to get him going, but its generally quick

Immediate access: His ramp up means he cant reach his max utility at the start of the fight.

Conclusion: Sentinel is a extremely well rounded ramp up champion with a solid damage output from both base attacks and DOT, from a insane incinerate as well as a hugely underrated and potent shock. He’s a tank and can stack heal blocks and armor breaks comfortably and has double immunities. He’s nothing crazy like Warlock or Ghost, but he’s definitely a underrated utility beast.

Comments

• Options
    So I only had half an hour to do this
  • Options
    Ok sure I’ll take that advice to heart
  • Options

These are great, but I would say space them out to allow people to digest one thread at a time, because more than likely, they'll turn into constant back and forth amongst people. Making them all at once or at a relatively similar time might cause the domino one to get all the fun bickering and the others like BWDO and sentinel left in the dust. Maybe one a day or something.

K I’ve filled in the blanks

• Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    HI_guys said:

I would like to be the mascot of the thread.

He's a fantastic option for beginners especially. He covers a lot of ground and was crucial in me getting cav

You can be the temporary mascot. @Werewrym is sure to show up and there's just no way you're as Sentinel crazy as him.
    He thinks he's better than Warlock. Weird, I know.
    That being said, I will take him to R3 if I pull a Tech T5CC from Abyss completion.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

I would like to be the mascot of the thread.

He's a fantastic option for beginners especially. He covers a lot of ground and was crucial in me getting cav

You can be the temporary mascot. @Werewrym is sure to show up and there's just no way you're as Sentinel crazy as him.
    He thinks he's better than Warlock. Weird, I know.
    That being said, I will take him to R3 if I pull a Tech T5CC from Abyss completion.
    You go dude! Get that abyss done
    Thank you. 🙇
    (Still saving units tho) I hate this feeling of arena grinding and not buying hundreds of units worth of energy refills to explore UC and open a 5 + 6*.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Nice write-up! 👀

I might actually consider him as my rank 3 tech if I pull him on time.
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

Rouger4 said:

Sentinel… the coolest robot in the MCOC universe… behind warlock of course. This guy.. or robot should I say ..is a full to the brim of utility.

Conclusion: Sentinel is a extremely well rounded ramp up champion with a solid damage output from both base attacks and DOT, from a insane incinerate as well as a hugely underrated and potent shock. He’s a tank and can stack heal blocks and armor breaks comfortably and has double immunities. He’s nothing crazy like Warlock or Ghost, but he’s definitely a underrated utility beast.

Dude, sentinel is NOT better than G99, and it's not even close.
    I never said that I just used ghost and warlock as examples
  • Options
    Rouger4 said:

Kill_Grey said:

Rouger4 said:

Dude, sentinel is NOT better than G99, and it's not even close.
    I never said that I just used ghost and warlock as examples
    Oh right, sorry.
  • Options
    HI_guys said:

I know the thread will eventually fall into g99v warlock v sentinel but ...

I recently pulled g99 and took her to r4 based on the love some summoners have shown her(namely killgrey) and because I want a champ to deal with terminal velocity.

She is really stressful to play. Maintaining the combo as well as finishing with l3. I suppose I can get used to her and be better.

In shorter fights or even those of 200k health pools sentinel can get it down in less hits in ideal conditions

Don't you have Nick+Quake synergy?

Keeping her combo isn't as hard as you think even without the synergy.
  • Options
    CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    HI_guys said:

I know the thread will eventually fall into g99v warlock v sentinel but ...

I recently pulled g99 and took her to r4 based on the love some summoners have shown her(namely killgrey) and because I want a champ to deal with terminal velocity.

She is really stressful to play. Maintaining the combo as well as finishing with l3. I suppose I can get used to her and be better.

In shorter fights or even those of 200k health pools sentinel can get it down in less hits in ideal conditions

Exactly, G99 is the new Domino, completely overrated for dumb abilities she can barely pull off
  • Options
    CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    I’m liking @xNig and @Werewrym more and more. Sentinel is easily the 3rd best Tech. He is WAY better than G99. G99 is almost completely impractical in all Engame modes of the game now that Flow Wars are over
  • Options

I’m liking @xNig and @Werewrym more and more. Sentinel is easily the 3rd best Tech. He is WAY better than G99. G99 is almost completely impractical in all Engame modes of the game now that Flow Wars are over

Wow, just wow. It's amazing how delusional people can even be...

Impractical in what sense? Even if we're not considering damage, her non-crit nature and combo meter abilities already bypasses a lot of nodes. Her lifesteal and Regen makes her one of the most sustainable and best questing champs in the game. While sentinel has to go through 2 entire special 3 for miniscule regen, I'm already in the subsequent fight with my G99 with basically 20% more health of what I finished the former in by only throwing medium attacks. Her power control is one of the best out there, makes all or nothing fights and energise fights a joke, how about sentinel? That's right, he has no power control abilities. She has a very powerful armor buff, how about sentinel? That's right, he has none.

There's many, many, many more things I could go into, but time cannot permit. When damage comes into play, well there's no need debating anymore cuz we know Guilly is the clear winner in that aspect, and every other one as well.

Seems like you haven't used G99 in act 6 either, because that's the real "endgame" at this moment.
  • Options

Guardian >
    Fight me
    That's true. Sentinel is the fifth best tech at best. Guardian is better as well.