**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Specials being blocked after combo

3 fights in a row in AW, all my specials were blockec after a 5 hit combo. 2 fights with Iceman and 1 with Guilly. Anybody else having this issue?

Comments

• Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    Yes. DD OG and Vision have been the worst for me
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    It comes and goes with me. Seems to be purely a timing issue directly related to the rank/level of the AI. The higher the PI, the smaller that window seems to get.

Ever since this was originally flagged post-12.0, I have learned to fight without the combo-special. Parry/intercept, then either combo or special. If I am doing a special after a parry, I typically do a medium attack first to ensure I haven't "bounced back" too far. This doesn't work against champs like Groot and Rogue because their stun is so short.
  • Options
    Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    In the first 2 years of the game, you would be advised to not use a special after a 5 hit combo. It seems that is true now. I always use a special after a 4 hit combo because that's how it was before. People would make threads on how to properly use a special, and it never had, use a 5 hit combo then a special.
  • Options
    beaupoembeaupoem Posts: 443
    me and another member of my alliance got hit immediately after our own 5-hit combos in AW, even though we blocked/evaded right away.

i've always used specials after 4-hit combos though.
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    I havent had this problem.. do you end your combo with a light or medium attack?
  • Options
    RebusUIRebusUI Posts: 45
    edited September 2017
    I experienced this in AQ, arena and AW the pass few days... kabam with it hidden adjustments in the game... this game quality and mechanics frustrates me....
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    This happens to me all the time with Dr voodoo. Especially when I have the enemy against the wall... I'd say probably half the time they block way faster than they should and then proceed to completely wreck me.

So frustrating.
  • Options
    TryakshaTryaksha Posts: 202
    Its more predominant in AW and fights with higher PI. The time allowed seems to be a lot shorter. I also feel the AI is more aggressive, the evades, the backing out seems a bit on higher end today. maybe i wasnt in my element today :dizzy: