**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Game crashes on certain champs. [Under Investigation]

AtoZ0to9AtoZ0to9 Posts: 50
edited September 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
I am having the exact same issue described in this post:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/960/champions-that-makes-the-game-to-crash-closed

Everything is identical. Same champs mentioned, same circumstances, same everything.

His post is from May. So several months and no fix? Also, the post was closed as if it didn't even matter. Are we not important?
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Options
    So what's the deal Kabam? For the past 30 min, I've had upwards of 10 game crashes all on black widow, either at the begin fight screen, or as the fight starts. All five of my champs have had half of their health taken. Some more than once. I'm not sure I can even finish the quest without spending the units you charge so much for. Is anyone gonna address this or at least give the scripted response of I'm sorry, our skilled developers are looking into. Well I don't believe you.
  • Options
    Still happening with me as well
  • Options
    Same type situation? Certain champs, mainly starlord and any spiderman? Open the game, featured champ is starlord, back to my phones home screen. Oh look, I need to fight spiderman in this next arena, well I better win the other two cause that's almost always a loss because of a crash. Every now and then I'll get the fight recovered screen when I open the game back up and I can resume. Ya know, it's not even the crashes that bothers me this much. Its the fact that its been doing this for months. I patiently waited around for fix thinking to myself, certainly they care about game stability. So finally, trying to figure out if this is just my phone, I find that older post. Months old, where the issue was reported. He was told they were aware of the issues, and it was being worked on. So months later, several updates later, it's worse than ever. Buncha garbage. We know it and kabam knows it. They know it so well, they admit it, and close the thread.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Well, I still have the same phone, and the issue still happens. For 2 years now.

Just today my game crashed 5 times in a row in the arena. Two times with Star-lord (before and after Recovery battle), two times with X-23 and another Star-lord. I lost my streak two times in a row.

Doubt this will ever be fixed. If it only got worse after 2 years, then I have no more hope
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    You are the original person to report this while I was looking through everything. You nailed it wholeheartedly. And they closed your post like it was nothing, like it's some issue on your end, these tons of people running iOS, they don't have problems. Well guess what kabam, your game got big, now you need to fix the android issues. It's not a small ios game anymore. Like I said before, I tried waiting, and telling myself, they will fix it. I don't even play arena because of this. I'm only a 35k player, imagine what I would be if your game didn't crash every time I tried to make a run. I'm tired of wanting to smash my phone because y'all can't figure out some coding.

What do you need? I'm was a android developer. Do you need the crash log? A logcat?

In my experience with these folks, they know it's a game we will continue to play despite crashes, or upsets. THEY DONT CARE.

Here's a video of it crashing I made months ago!!!

https://youtu.be/Gh7mxtaDYdE
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    My game just crashed again on Daredevil. He's on the crash list. Did I mention this makes me angry?
    And I don't give up? Just wanna think I'll go away. That's not gonna happen. I want you to at least explain why game continues to crash. But u don't even have an explanation. Better be glad it crashed on some daily quest, cause if it were real, my words would be a lot stronger.

Bottom line: I'm not going away. My game crashes. I proved it. I WANT U TO FIX THE GAME!!!!

Think I'm angry... Yea right... I'm just the one who spoke up.
  • Options
    I'm still waiting for a response from the game team. Come on. Tell me you're aware and its being worked on.
  • Options
    Look folks. I'm not trying to alienate anyone. I just want to know why my game continues to crash. I'm doing the same thing u are. Trying to build my roster and fight... But this isn't helping... Its gotten to a point it's hurting. . IT CRASHES REPEATEDLY.
  • Options
    I feel like its my duty to bring these crashes to light. Since it's been going on for 2 years. What kinda developers y'all got anyways?
  • Options
    Mod's aren't online at this hour. Consider bumping the post every 24h or else the mod's will close it without answer
  • Options
    Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey @AtoZ0to9. Do you have the exact same device @eXtripa69 mentioned in the original post?
  • Options
    Why does his original device matter? I dont know what he had. I know what I have. A crashing game several times a day.
  • Options
    The answer is NO. NOT THE SAME DEVICE. Same game!
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    No. He doesn't have the same device. The only thing in common is Android, and we play the same game, and it crashes the same way.
  • Options
    Just tell me what logs to get while its crashing
  • Options
    You need to tell your device in order to get a fix for it. Is a problem that the game has with the phone model
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Posted
  • Options
    q8lfk0bnsp9t.png
  • Options
    Pretty sure his device isn't the same. Now u should proceed.
  • Options
    @eXtripa69

Post yours please
  • Options
    Is already in my old post ...

Device Model: Alcatel One Touch 7041X
    Android Version: 4.2.2
  • Options
    @AtoZ0to9 so you have a Galaxy Note 2?
  • Options
    Yes sir. Note 2.
  • Options
    Look. I can be polite. I can be angry. I think unless kabam fix the issue, this is useless talk. I realize you're just a forum mod. Its OK, I understand, I've done it before. You're gonna take down the info, make a ticket, tell us you did something, then close the thread.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    We've both been dealing with this for too long. And we are the only ones who spoke up. Just imagine how many there are that didn't say anything. Just went with it.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    What is the deal man. My game keeps crashing. He chimed back in, his isn't fixed either. Wtf
  • Options
    Hey @AtoZ0to9. I definitely want to help you out with this, but I'm going to have to close the thread if you don't keep your comments constructive.

I'm going to go ahead and take this to the team, but just from looking at the info so far, this is probably happening because you're both using older, lower performance devices. Thanks for taking the time to let us know, and I'll get back in touch as soon as I have an update for you.
  • Options
    Y'all took enough of my units by busting me... I dont want to fight. Just fix the problem. If u think u can outlast me that's not happen
  • Options
    @eXtripa69

I'm sorry man. Bet u thought I was gonna fix this.... Cause enough noise, maybe it'll work.

I'm sorry to have mentioned your name in this losing battle. I know you wanted something done too.
This discussion has been closed.