**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Just a little Dr. VooDoo guide...

Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,524 ★★★★★
Hey summoners,

I thought I would do a little guide on Dr. VooDoo. He is a forgotten champ that deserve some attention.

This may not be the best guide, but I did my best!

Let’s start by breaking down his base stats. For attack and health, VooDoo is pretty much middle of the road, or average. His other stats are pretty average as well, but block proficiency is a little higher than average, which his nice and with his regen, makes his feel more sustainable.

Abilities:
Passive – Increase energy resistance by 2100 when blocking. May not seem like a big deal, but this means when blocking energy attacks, he takes close to 0 damage from it.

Regeneration – At the start of the fight, he gains a regen buff for 10 seconds. This adds some sustainability for questing which is nice to have.

Basic Attacks – a 10% chance to add a non-damaging loa debuff on the opponent. These appear to do nothing, but they come in handy later on. I wish the chance increased somehow to 25% whether with a synergy or a slight ramp up or something, but it works fine.

Signature Ability:
Awakened, Dr. VooDoo calls on his brother Daniel for some assistance based on your combo meter (even or odd) when launching a special attack.
• Even Combo – VooDoo gains 100% ability accuracy and 66.5%-125% increased buff duration (based in sig level).
• Odd Combo – The opponent suffering a 50% decreased ability accuracy and 66.5%-125% increase to debuff duration
Now, almost any one that has experience with VooDoo will say ALWAYS launch your specials on an even combo. Mostly, that is correct. HOWEVER, against certain champs like Wolverine or any constant healing champ or Electro and Korg, it is beneficial to launch on odd combos. With regen champs, the spirit venom will stop their healing for a very long time. Against Electro or Korg, it will limit the % of static shock and thorns.

Special Attacks:
Sp1 – Nullifies all opponent buffs with a 50% chance to convert them into a spirit venom. This is such a fun and easy special to get off. Against high buff gaining champs like Venom, Silver Surfer and HTD will just melt away with poison damage

Sp2 – 50% chance to convert up to 3 loa, nullifying them and placing a buff on VooDoo or debuff on the opponent based on combo meter.
• Even Combo – All of VooDoo’s attack have a 50% chance to power burn 2.5% of the opponent’s power, converting 525% of power burnt into energy damage, lasting 15 seconds
• Odd Combo – Power leaks 35% of the opponents power over 10 seconds.
This is definitely a special you want to launch on an even combo. You can take the opponent from nearly 3 bars of power to less than 1 bar by successfully getting off 2 5 hit combos.

Sp3 – 100% chance to apply a power leech on the opponent stealing 45% of max power over 20 seconds. When the leech ends for any reason, VooDoo gains an equivalent Power Gain buff.

Synergies –
Sadly, VooDoo doesn’t really have any synergies that benefit him or other champs. The only notable one is with Sorcerer Supreme. This synergy pauses SS nullification aura on her specials. On his sp2, VooDoo converts any buff on the opponent instead of only loas.

Gameplay-
My favorite thing with Dr. VooDoo is that he is easy and requires no special rotation or ramp up. Just do combos and specials and launch your specials on even combo for better offense or odd combo for better defense. It is literally that simple.

Wait, I thought you said no rotation…. –
While Dr. VooDoo doesn’t NEED a rotation, I think he is more effective when using one. In longer fights, my method is get to an sp2 as quick as possible. I usually get to 15 hits on the combo meter and then try to bait out a special. This is not necessary; this is just how I do it. Once I evade or block the special, I go back in and get to 20 on the combo meter, at this point, usually you can launch your sp2. If not, then do a MM to get to 22 hits and launch the sp2 to start the power burn. Keep doing 5 hit combos to burn the opponents power and when you reach 32 hits, launch your sp1 to get some poison damage going. If your opponent is poison immune, then keep building to the sp2 so you can pretty much control power for the entire fight. At this point, your opponent should have around 6 spirit venoms eating away at them. I then spam the sp1 to keep the damage going while baiting out specials after the power burn has expired.

I find that I rarely need to use his sp3. I honestly think the only times I’ve used it was when I got too much power and had to use it because I wasn’t watching my power bar close enough.

Best Match Ups -
Venom – VooDoo shreds Venom with ease. All those buffs Venom gains get converted to poison and **** down most of his abilities.
Cosmic Ghost Rider – BUFFS galore means poison galore for VooDoo!
Basically any champ that gains buffs will fall to VooDoo if they aren’t poison immune. If they are, then you sue his sp2 to nullify their buffs while applying power burn.
Old Man Logan – Let him convert those bleeds into furies and then launch your sp1. It is so much fun watching those venoms melt him away.

Worst Match Ups –
Human Torch – Obviously, the mystic killer himself. However, if you are lucky enough to not burn to death right away, you can do some damage against him with poison.
Poison Immune Champs – While he can still beat poison immune champs, VooDoo is not the best option against them.
Void – His debuffs really shut down VooDoo’s best abilities. Void doesn’t get a lot of buffs, so even the sp1 from VooDoo won’t do much damage unless RNG is on your side and you get a ton of loas applied.

Nodes –
There are many Nodes that Dr. VooDoo can essentially bypass because of his sp1 or sp2.
Resistor – Oh so much fun with VooDoo. I did the whole resistor path in act 6.1 (don’t remember the quest) with him in less than 5 minutes.
Rage – When the opponent has 4 furies, just parry and launch the sp1 converting those and any loas into poison. Rinse, Repeat… no problem at all VooDoo.
All or Nothing – VooDoo’s power burn can make this node irrelevant. Launch the sp2 on an even combo and repeat.
Acid Wash – Duh! Poison damage boosting node… made for VooDoo
Diss Track – Get 3 venoms on the opponent and you can do a ton of damage. Unless of course they are poison immune, then he is useless.

Uses –
I actually find him useful in all areas of the game except AW defense. He may not be the best attacker for AW, but if you get a path with a handful of cosmics or non-poison immune, he can handle it easily. He is great in AQ as well. For general questing, he is useful. Is he going to be the 1st mystic you bring along, no, but he was very helpful for me in getting Cav.

Overview -
All in all, Dr.VooDoo is a very underappreciated champ not only in the mystic class, but overall. He is a burst damage dealer that destroys non poison immunes. His power burn is one of the more effective in the game as you can deal damage from basic hits while draining their power. He does lack utility with no immunities, not massive damage and there being a lot of poison immune champs. Hopefully he gets some nice synergies with newer champs to help him out a bit.

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    @Yodabolt21

Edit: oh wait, you're the one who created this thread lol
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Yep, I love brother Daniel!
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Nice job! I’m gonna awaken my 5* from the next gem I get. Also Voodoo (not VooDoo) lol
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    the VooDoo thing is killing me
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Awesome post! I wrote one a few months ago too. I love voodoo
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,804 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Great job on writing.
    I agree with nearly all you say except the AW part.
    Voodoo shreds it as an attacker and offers cheap wars through his healing. Korg, IMIW, NF, Darkhawk and much more other annoying defenders melt to his poison or are manageable through his power control. Not to mention that he is the top Champion boss counter. I’ve one shot every Champion boss I’ve come against, with just one or two sp1 on even combo. He melts him literally in seconds as you are able to place 10+ poison debuffs.
    In my books Voodoo is still a great champ and a great AW attacker.
  • SazedSazed Posts: 304 ★★
    I recently pulled a 5* Doctor VooDoo. I knew he was decent, but didn't know how I could make decent good. Thanks a lot!!!I'm actually pushing for cav soon. This helps a ton
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    After looking at it a little more closely, I would say he is actually one of the better counters to Void. Once you get an L2 off, you can just backdraft spam in the corner and AI willing you will be able to be aggressive and get the debuff off before it applies. DV is all about combo counting. So is fighting Void. I feel like advanced DV players won't have an issue with most Voids.