**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Mysterio

I just pulled a Mysterio and I'm excited to add him to the roster. Couple of questions to help decide how quickly to rank up. Eventually he's getting ranked because I like him but he may have to wait a little. So, how effective is he in terms of heal block? It seems like it's be a pain to keep up with frequent regen champs. Also, how does he rank in terms of power control? Finally, can you reliably tank specials with either reflection or miss? I'm concerned at higher levels I'd die before regen and that it'll take perfect timing to pull off the heavy/miss technique. I guess I'm just worried his utility is difficult to use effectively. If not then he seems like a great champ. Appreciate any feedback folks have on him.

Comments

• Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    With three gas passives the heal block is long enough to comfortably refresh. Unless you have heimdall and wanna play real ******, you generally shouldn't ever use L1. Use L2 when you need to power drain them, otherwise use L3 for big damage.

Edit: the censored word means bold/reckless
  • Options
    MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    Thanks that's good to know. Thanks.
  • Options
    TheMailmannTheMailmann Posts: 120 ★★
    edited December 2020
    as a 6* R2 owner of Mysterio, all I can say is he’s a really fun champ with a lot of utility. you can play around with him with different playstyles each time and you don’t need to stick to a specific rotation because he has so much that he can do. i recommend that you check Jason Vorhees’ youtube video on how to use mysterio.

to answer your few questions, his heal block is very reliable. once you build his chemical gas up to 3 charges, you can heal block your opponent throughout the entire fight but it will be a bit boring as you have to stick to a specific combo, fight aggressively and you can’t use his high damage potential. but for specific fights that you need him to do it, he can heal block the whole time. as for his power control, I’d say it’s useful for specific scenarios like trying to avoid opponent’s SP3. his SP2 has decent damage output as well. and sometimes after i use SP2, I’ll start to go near the opponent and spam heavies because they’ll miss and you will also throw a lot of damage. the Miss mechanic is very useful as i think it worked well so far for me, I was able to spam heavies and the opponents’ attacks will just miss. reflection from SP1 when I use it will be to reflect combos or basic attacks and not special attacks as special attacks might just kill you.

also, his poison damage is really good, once you use SP3 and reach high damage output. build up 3 chemical gas and throw 1 heavy, his poison damage is massive, comparable to Domino trinity’s incinerates.
  • Options
    Thebombsquad1Thebombsquad1 Posts: 755 ★★★
    His lasers make nice sounds
  • Options
    Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
    Worst case scenario just toss him on AWD. But he is a really fun champion with some good stuff going for him. That passive heal block is so damn good.