**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cav Players Really Pushing to Become TB should save for the next featured 6* Crystal

SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
With a lot of people in a bit more of a rush to become Cav lately I thought I'd drop my two cents on why the featured six star is likely better if you're just looking for a rank 3 worthy six star. I would say that the new featured six star crystal has a 70% chance of dropping a champ that is at least rank 3 worthy if you're really pushing for the Thronebreaker.

My rankings look something like

(Tier 1) Top Tier Rank 3 Option - Apcalypse, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Ghost

(Tier 2) Solid Rank 3 Option - Dragon Man, Longshot, Professor X, Wasp

(Tier 3) Solid Rank 3 For TB - Spider Gwen, Elsa Bloodstone, Cull Obsidian, Gambit, Punisher 2099, Killmonger, Falcon, Red Goblin, Cable(if you have Apoc), Mister Fantastic

(Tier 4) Not rank 3 worthy but still useable - Daredevil, Immortal hulk, Vision

(Tier 5) Whiffs - Dormammu, Green Goblin, Ronan, Man- Thing

I categorize the tiers as;

Tier 1 - a top tier Rank 3 option, almost a no brainer.

Tier 2 - Maybe not at the top of their class but close and still very relevant in the meta, people would rank 3 them as their 2nd, 3rd, 4th,etc rank 3 champion.

Tier 3 - Good champions that you would get a lot of solid use out of but most community members probably wouldn't prioritize them to rank 3 if they weren't going for thronebreaker

Tier 4 - Probably not rank 3 worthy but still could help in certain sitaution in monthly quests, niche utility, etc

Tier 5 - Feels bad man

So in my opinion 17 out of the 24 champions in the featured crystal I would rank 3 without feeling that bad about it. That's an insane ratio compared to the regular six star crystals which probably are closer to a 50-50 ratio if not even worse. It's well worth the extra 5K shard risk if what you're looking for is just a rank 3 option and not general six star roster growth.

It's late so I hope my writing makes sense. In an RNG based game we have to do our best to maximize our chances of good pulls and I think saving for the new featured six star crystal does just that

Comments

• ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    I'd put Man-Thing up a tier personally
  • UnDEADGamerUnDEADGamer Posts: 51
    honestly id rather open basics have save shards, not saying the featured is bad bc its really good, but id rather a chance to dupe mu namor, omega or sunspot, or hell get someone like torch, doom or corvus. this featured is fantastic just doesnt quiet have what im looking for
  • GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 485 ★★★
    The new featured is very impressive. In actuality, if one runs the suicide masteries, then DDHK may be the worst out of the bunch as they make him almost unusable in his current state.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Bruh. What’s with the Man-Thing hate? He’s definitely worth r3. Even with him at r2, I soloed 7.1 Aarkus, Weapon X, and Night Carnage with him. Solid damage and easy access to nullify and debuffs.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★

honestly id rather open basics have save shards, not saying the featured is bad bc its really good, but id rather a chance to dupe mu namor, omega or sunspot, or hell get someone like torch, doom or corvus. this featured is fantastic just doesnt quiet have what im looking for

The 6* basic pool has such bad drop rates though.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I’m pretty sure I will open a few crystals from this 6* featured. I just wish I had saved the shards I opened a basic with today. I got x-23 who isn’t a bad character but I’m not going to use her much and I’d rather have a chance at one of these crazy characters than have her on my roster.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    @Sungj this is the way.

Dr. Zola
  • spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 ★★★
    i might go for a featured, but i have about 5-7 rank 3 worthy champions, just no T5CC lol.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Nice way to structure ones thinking.

I’d probably also add how the top half of the tiers are all champions that don’t seem to require their Signature ability (not sure about Longshot or Manthing). So if you pull something from the upcoming featured, its only a 15k investment.

For example, if you’re lucky enough to pull Apocalypse on your first go, there isn’t the need to invest more into featured crystals in the hopes of awakening him. You can save shards and switch to basics.

• tusharNairtusharNair Posts: 289 ★★
    Already have apoc at r2...can't wait for them damn t5cc...lol
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Feel like I’m one of a few cav players that already has the champs in a few classes to take to r3, just lacking the T5cc because my fragments insist on splitting so evenly that I’ll go from 0 to 6 r3s in the space of a month.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★

I already have an R3 option for every class except for Tech and Mystic. I'm targeting Ghost and Longshot for that. I won't refuse Apocalypse and CGR, of course. Hope to have at least two of them in the 3 or 4 Featured I am opening next week.
  • Dr_Z01dbergDr_Z01dberg Posts: 512 ★★★
    Sungj said:

With a lot of people in a bit more of a rush to become Cav lately I thought I'd drop my two cents on why the featured six star is likely better if you're just looking for a rank 3 worthy six star. I would say that the new featured six star crystal has a 70% chance of dropping a champ that is at least rank 3 worthy if you're really pushing for the Thronebreaker.

My rankings look something like

(Tier 1) Top Tier Rank 3 Option - Apcalypse, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Ghost

(Tier 2) Solid Rank 3 Option - Dragon Man, Longshot, Professor X, Wasp

(Tier 3) Solid Rank 3 For TB - Spider Gwen, Elsa Bloodstone, Cull Obsidian, Gambit, Punisher 2099, Killmonger, Falcon, Red Goblin, Cable(if you have Apoc), Mister Fantastic

(Tier 4) Not rank 3 worthy but still useable - Daredevil, Immortal hulk, Vision

(Tier 5) Whiffs - Dormammu, Green Goblin, Ronan, Man- Thing

I categorize the tiers as;

Tier 1 - a top tier Rank 3 option, almost a no brainer.

Tier 2 - Maybe not at the top of their class but close and still very relevant in the meta, people would rank 3 them as their 2nd, 3rd, 4th,etc rank 3 champion.

Tier 3 - Good champions that you would get a lot of solid use out of but most community members probably wouldn't prioritize them to rank 3 if they weren't going for thronebreaker

Tier 4 - Probably not rank 3 worthy but still could help in certain sitaution in monthly quests, niche utility, etc

Tier 5 - Feels bad man

So in my opinion 17 out of the 24 champions in the featured crystal I would rank 3 without feeling that bad about it. That's an insane ratio compared to the regular six star crystals which probably are closer to a 50-50 ratio if not even worse. It's well worth the extra 5K shard risk if what you're looking for is just a rank 3 option and not general six star roster growth.

It's late so I hope my writing makes sense. In an RNG based game we have to do our best to maximize our chances of good pulls and I think saving for the new featured six star crystal does just that

Agree with the ranking of the champs (except man thing) but I would argue that it depends what T5CC people have formed if the focus is being TB and deciding for basic vs featured.

Would say if a Cav player has skill or science it’s probably better to go for a basic crystal (unless your like me and would happily r3 a duped SG) if you have mutant, tech, cosmic or mystic then featured is prob alt the way to go.

However if your just looking for a great chance at a good to amazing champ then featured is the way to go