Whats Stopping me from getting TB?...A cavs perspective

FabwiziFabwizi Member Posts: 1,168 ★★★★
edited December 2020 in General Discussion
Dear Kabam,

I have been cav for a long time now, but I lack the motivation to go further in act 6 because even after opening a few 6* crystals over a long duration of time maybe a year I do not have single r3 worthy one.

Now with the r3 condition I feel no need to do any story mode quest which can now cause bolleneck and boredom for similar level players.

Obviously you are not going to reduce r3 requirements but the issue here is you are also reducing our chances to get one good 6* by only compensating 5* shards in all specials and events.

I can not see a school of thought here...please explain how these calendars and TB requirements compliment each other.

I will understand if there is good reason behind this, I'll still be happy if it benefits the overall game somehow.

Comments

• Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Member Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    benshb said:

This is almost 3 (exactly 2.82) T5C worth of fragments. 3!!! And here I am, screwed over by RNG. This is beyond ridiculous.

that honestly sucks, hopefully you can use the selector from 7.1 or something
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Member Posts: 1,251 ★★★★
    Because of one requirement you feel no need to do more story quest.......like wut o_O

Putting aside the fact that main story content (act 6) gives a couple of t5c opportunities, granted it’s rng & you’ll need to explore every quest....which also gives a lot of 6* shards, equals more opportunities to get new 6* champs......but putting that all aside, are you really playing story content to get a new title? Is that really the only reason you’re playing? For real? It’s not for fun, challenge, improving skills? It’s really only for a title?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,888 ★★★★★
    benshb said:

This is almost 3 (exactly 2.82) T5C worth of fragments. 3!!! And here I am, screwed over by RNG. This is beyond ridiculous.

How are you being "screwed" by RNG?
  • VoltolosVoltolos Member Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    There will be an arena later today with 5000 6* shards in the milestones and theres the Celeb challenge with a full crystal. Neither are gated behing TB, you just have to beat the content
  • benshbbenshb Member Posts: 814 ★★★★
    edited December 2020

benshb said:

I am in a similar position as you, being close to a full t5cc. But the difference between us is that I'm not complaining since I know I haven't done an abyss run or 100 act 6. Stop complaining about RNG, it's the nature of the game and always will be! Either put in the work if you want TB quick, or you'll have to wait out the scattered 2% and 10% fragments over time.
    😉🙃
    Also I don't have the best champions for abyss, so that's a no go for me currently

• AATTAATT Member Posts: 525 ★★★
    Fabwizi said:

Dear Kabam,

I have been cav for a long time now, but I lack the motivation to go further in act 6 because even after opening a few 6* crystals over a long duration of time maybe a year I do not have single r3 worthy one.

Complete act 6, do abbys and then complain about TB. It's easy to spread words about a title for end-game players without pushing yourself to the limits.

By the time I completed act 6 I have no r3 worthy 6*, after doing abyss I had only one and I was lucky enough getting the right t5cc. Now after act 7.1 I have only 3 6* champions with use in my account.

If you don't complete story mode, how will you account growth?

• TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,109 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    The biggest issue with TB is that it’s a disincentive to complete act 6. Someone trying to get TB ASAP would do best to wait until they had 75% of a t5cc so the selector put them over the top. Jumping on 6.4.6 early could actually set them back with bad RNG, since you could choose a selector to get to 95% then get random ones from 7.1, variant 6, and monthly EQ.

If TB opens up that much more t5cc access, maybe you make it up in volume though.
  • LormifLormif Member Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

The biggest issue with TB is that it’s a disincentive to complete act 6. Someone trying to get TB ASAP would do best to wait until they had 75% of a t5cc so the selector put them over the top. Jumping on 6.4.6 early could actually set them back with bad RNG, since you could choose a selector to get to 95% then get random ones from 7.1, variant 6, and monthly EQ.

If TB opens up that much more t5cc access, maybe you make it up in volume though.

That is oxymoronic. If you are trying to get TB you complete act 6 or do abyss, it is the fastest ways to get it, because it gives you full t5cc.
    Fabwizi said:

AATT said:

Fabwizi said:

Dear Kabam,

Complete act 6, do abbys and then complain about TB. It's easy to spread words about a title for end-game players without pushing yourself to the limits.

By the time I completed act 6 I have no r3 worthy 6*, after doing abyss I had only one and I was lucky enough getting the right t5cc. Now after act 7.1 I have only 3 6* champions with use in my account.

Luck is what I do not like associated with the title, it should be merit and hard work.
    It is, if you are in the target audience for the title then luck is not involved, you are not in the target audience, so you rely on luck.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,109 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

TyEdge said:

That is oxymoronic. If you are trying to get TB you complete act 6 or do abyss, it is the fastest ways to get it, because it gives you full t5cc.
    My remark is specific to the 6.4.6 t5cc selector. Completing act 6 as fast as possible isn’t the way. If I have 50% of two classes and I burn my selector to get to 75% of my preferred class, I could do months of cavalier EQ and not get that same class. If I stop at 6.4.5, I can wait until I know the selector puts me over the top and immediately become TB upon clearing 6.4.6.

Heck, change the number to 90% of a t5cc. There’s nearly a 60% chance that in 3 months you don’t get the class you need.

Yes, I agree that if you complete abyss, race through 6.4. I’m talking about players hitting 6.4 before abyss.
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Member Posts: 665 ★★★
    AATT said:

Fabwizi said:

Dear Kabam,

I like how this is always the argument. I did act 6 and or aol and had no r3 worthy champ. Apply that to today and you do I don't care which one first, you can't wait for a worthy champ you have to do it now. Especially when you compare all the better stuff tb gets your holding your account back if not.

I feel sorry for that guy, that 100 act 6 to end up with r3 ant or pat. Or what about that guy whose nexus is ghost, cmm or some ok champ and they have to choose that ok champ because that's what aligns with their cat. It should be tied to something other than rng as we all know only way to bypass rng is coin. You lose motivation to do act 6 explore with the knowledge that you could end up with that choice.
  • AATTAATT Member Posts: 525 ★★★

AATT said:

Fabwizi said:

Dear Kabam,

I like how this is always the argument. I did act 6 and or aol and had no r3 worthy champ. Apply that to today and you do I don't care which one first, you can't wait for a worthy champ you have to do it now. Especially when you compare all the better stuff tb gets your holding your account back if not.

I feel sorry for that guy, that 100 act 6 to end up with r3 ant or pat. Or what about that guy whose nexus is ghost, cmm or some ok champ and they have to choose that ok champ because that's what aligns with their cat. It should be tied to something other than rng as we all know only way to bypass rng is coin. You lose motivation to do act 6 explore with the knowledge that you could end up with that choice.
    Fortunately we've got act 7.1. Exploration rewards 2x 25% t5cc crystal + 1x 25% t5cc selector. The last one could be the final fragments for a worthy r3. This act isn't hard, easier than 6.2 exploration imho.
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,423 ★★★★
    I don't understand your complaint at all about motivation. Its like saying you don't want to run a race because you aren't able to get the latest Nike shoe technology. Sure, it would make the race easier, but it doesn't affect being eligible to race or your ability to race.

6-stars are totally superfluous to progressing through Act 6.

The majority of people who became Thronebreaker, had maybe a few 6-stars when completing Act 6.
    I personally probably only had 1, and over the course of completing Act 6, pulled a few more (but still in the single digits). I did NOT use any of them in Act 6, as they were all **** pulls.

Just because 6 stars exist, and that it would be a bit easier with a 6r3, that should not affect your own completion of content.

When Act 6 first came out, and had the 5-star requirements, I didn't have many 5-stars, and none that at rank 5 that would be perfect for completing 6.1. That didn't affect my motivation. I slowly opened 5-stars, had bunch of bad pulls, and some good ones.

It is the same situation here, except your 6-stars are not required at all for this content you are demotivated to do.
  • danielmathdanielmath Member Posts: 4,079 ★★★★★
    Fabwizi said:

There is a guy who has everything House, Money, host of Cars etc. But you want to give him extra cash just so that he can buy another super car...I have no problem with that either since he is working for it..But the guy who is struggling who need the cash more is given 1/10 th of the amount and asked to invest it in a bearish market and rely on luck.

I guess it makes sense..real world problems do exists in mcoc.

The struggle is by choice, nobody is preventing anyone from doing the content to get TB.
    Fabwizi said:

There is a guy who has everything House, Money, host of Cars etc. But you want to give him extra cash just so that he can buy another super car...I have no problem with that either since he is working for it..But the guy who is struggling who need the cash more is given 1/10 th of the amount and asked to invest it in a bearish market and rely on luck.

I guess it makes sense..real world problems do exists in mcoc.

Well this is not a real world. You are not "struggling", and you have the option to go out and get more, you are choosing not to. A person in the real world who is struggling does not have a realistic opportunity to be a millionaire, here it is realitic that you 100% act 6 or do abyss.
  • Rex89Rex89 Member Posts: 22

benshb said:

How are you being "screwed" by RNG?
    May be he want to open 50 2% t5cc frag and want all of same class to formed 1 full t5cc
  • SmittySmitty Member Posts: 35
    Fabwizi said:

Dear Kabam,

Now with the r3 condition I feel no need to do any story mode quest which can now cause bolleneck and boredom for similar level players.

Obviously you are not going to reduce r3 requirements but the issue here is you are also reducing our chances to get one good 6* by only compensating 5* shards in all specials and events.

I can not see a school of thought here...please explain how these calendars and TB requirements compliment each other.

I will understand if there is good reason behind this, I'll still be happy if it benefits the overall game somehow.

Post your 6* roster pls. If you’re legit in the verge of TB I guarantee you have a decent 6* in there. I’m finding a lot of the complaining players are holding out because they want a mega god tier. That’s just absurd. Rank up a decent champ. The cost benefit outweighs the mats you’ll spend.

Everyone of these posts I see I wonder if the OP has done act 6 100% or a path of abyss.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,888 ★★★★★
    Fabwizi said:

Look guys I am not against Kabam or the game, I would love kabam to reach bigger levels.

Its just plain disappointment

Is it though?
  • benshbbenshb Member Posts: 814 ★★★★
    Sadly I'm just a lazy ass and not working towards Thronebreaker, it's definitely not RNG right? 🤡

• Texas_11Texas_11 Member Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I think I understand your dilemma. You haven’t pulled a champ to R3 immediately, so you are discouraged to keep on.

I think you need to understand that your eyes are bigger than your stomach right now. If you had a doctor doom, or Corvus , you would hardly be able to use them in early act 6.1-6.3.

• Xva23Xva23 Member Posts: 500 ★★★
    I'd like to give my honest opinion. I'm a cav, completed abyss, about to complete 6.4.6, have a champ ready to r3. Honestly, I got lucky. But there are 2 types of RNG if you're not in the target audience, which is people with 50 6 stars or so. 1st is champion RNG, 2nd is t5cc. If you're not getting lucky with the fragments, you should definitely try to finish abyss, or 100% act 6. People who have not done that dont really have much room to complain about RNG. If your champions are not r3 worthy, keep doing difficult content, or bite the bullet and rank a mediocre champion. In regards to Abyss, it really isnt that bad, it's just a bit of a slog. If a below average player like me can do it, so can you. So go for it, and good luck!
  • Xva23Xva23 Member Posts: 500 ★★★
    Fabwizi said:

Xva23 said:

I'd like to give my honest opinion. I'm a cav, completed abyss, about to complete 6.4.6, have a champ ready to r3. Honestly, I got lucky. But there are 2 types of RNG if you're not in the target audience, which is people with 50 6 stars or so. 1st is champion RNG, 2nd is t5cc. If you're not getting lucky with the fragments, you should definitely try to finish abyss, or 100% act 6. People who have not done that dont really have much room to complain about RNG. If your champions are not r3 worthy, keep doing difficult content, or bite the bullet and rank a mediocre champion. In regards to Abyss, it really isnt that bad, it's just a bit of a slog. If a below average player like me can do it, so can you. So go for it, and good luck!

Xva23 said:

Well for Abyss I do not have aegon..can't do that I am not a highly skilled player..an average player who likes the game.
    This is an example of the champion RNG I mentioned. Sadly, only way to overcome is to keep going, doing more content and getting more crystals. Or, the less popular method, increase your skill, or your stash
  • WRIRWRIR Member Posts: 563 ★★★
    I wish like Abyss or act 6 was less money-grabby. But as of now grinding arena for units to enter abyss seems like the way