**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Featured or Basic 6 Star

Thoye3Thoye3 Posts: 96
edited December 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Hi All,

I am trying to determine whether or not I should go for the 6 star basic or featured at this point. I have the following current 6 star roster.

I am currently planning to start working towards 6.2 and variant 6 when it drops. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    I personally love to risk it for a chance at a GOOD champion

So I say go for it
  • Chitransh_2Chitransh_2 Posts: 107
    Today i opened a basic one
    And i got symbiote spiderman
    So man go for featured
    It will have better odds
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Literally 70% of the featured crystal pulls are good to straight fire. Odds are so much better than the basics unless you're really after a specific champion dupe
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Next featured. Has enough good champs that's it's worth the extra 5k shards
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    Current featured new champ are not that impressive. I'd wait a week for the next one, if you want featured. But overall until I see 6* Hyperion in featured, I stick with basic
  • HassamaMamaHassamaMama Posts: 113
    An ever prominent debate lol - I say it totally depends on what 6*s you're looking for. If you see a lot of the 6*s you want specifically in the Featured, go for the Featured. If it's just 1 or 2 you want in the Featured, but more in the basic, go for the basic!
  • Thoye3Thoye3 Posts: 96
    I'm leaning towards the next 6 star featured currently as I would be super happy with Apocalypse, Prof X, CGR, Wasp (need one for my 5 star ghost synergy), and Ghost. There is also a bunch of other I would be pretty happy with LS, Dragon Man, Spidey Gwen, etc. My luck with the basics has been super trash recently too.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    I can’t wait for them to nerf the feature from what we saw on Black Friday.
  • MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★
    I'm going for the 6* featured that arrives in a few days, the chances for a good champ are better than the basic
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    The general consensus is that it is a great featured crystal, with few bad pulls.
    However, someone with Apocalypse would be happy to pull Cable from the featured, while another person would be bummed out and consider it a bad pull.

So look at the champions that are in the next featured (as well as the current one), and think about how happy you would feel pulling 6 of them (arbitrarily 25% of the options).

• Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Here’s the thing. I’m cav with only 5 6*s (I just opened one today). My first was stealthy but all the rest have been absolute trash. I’m still on the fence about fully committing to the featured for this rotation but I’m strongly considering that. And this is coming from someone who has never, I repeat never, bought a 5 or 6 star featured.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    I can’t wait. CGR. Dragon Man. Apoc. Prof X.

Then there’s Gambit and Falcon

So many others. I’d say there’s. 50/50 chance the champ you get in the next featured is usable in some way shape or form.