**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

So uh...what now?

Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
I finally completed act 6 and it feels like a huge accomplishment for me. I would write more, but my eyes and my soul are tired. My rewards were pretty poo, including my rank up gems. HB dupe from featured, 3rd rogue this month from skill/mutants, and a Civil Warrior from the nexus. However, the one thing that wasn't poo was the t5b and t2a, cause ya know, no rng. So now I'm in a sizable dilemma on who to rank up and what to do.

One of the mystic 3-4s, one of the mutant 3-4s, and the skill 3-4 are all year based ones, but the rest are normal. Who would you suggest I rank up? The thing about using the 1-2 gem on g2099 is that I also have a 4-5 and a 5* gem, so I'm not sure if I do both or one. I'm leaning towards the 5* and saving the 6* for someone else. For the 2-3, I'll probably use it on sentinel or someone, or I might just save it. For mystic, I'll use one on bwcv and save the year one. The mutant one is where my biggest confusion comes from because I have havok, sunspot, and emma, and I don't know who to choose. I have falcon for the year skill gem, but I don't know what I'd use him for, which applies to every champ I've mentioned. The science one has no one useful, so I'll save. If anyone has guidance/tips, I'd greatly appreciate.

Champs:

Roster:

In terms of progression, we have no progression. (Did ya catch the reference?) I don't really know what to do now. Act 7? I have v4 explored and a completion run of v5.

Thanks alll

Comments

• BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Act 7,I’d rank up havok or Emma + level up 6* BWDO
    Also,that skill corvus ain’t gonna rank himself up
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Oh yeah, take BWDO up to r2. She wrecks the Cage Rattler path
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    Well i would r2 6* guilly over r5 the 5* Guilly doesn't need sig ability ( its nice to have).
    If you like Hulkbuster's play style then you can r5 him instead of the 5* Guilly
    Sentinel needs to be awakened otherwise the ramp up is slow. Plus warlock covers slot of the utility needed.

Then with G2099, HB, Ghost and Warlock go do V3.

claire is great choice for Mystic tons of utility, will be good for when you tackle 100% v5.

Falcon is good for evade match ups so evade champions, nodes like mix master etc. But you have KM who has access to true strike as well. He also reduces defensive AAR so good to counter things like Korgs thorns, Electro, Magic amound other things. So he's Pretty decent to use the old year gems on.

In terms of mutants all have there uses and are great choices, i would play around with them and see which one you like to play most otherwise wait till you need them to rank up

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Bidzy7 said:

Well i would r2 6* guilly over r5 the 5* Guilly doesn't need sig ability ( its nice to have).
    If you like Hulkbuster's play style then you can r5 him instead of the 5* Guilly
    Sentinel needs to be awakened otherwise the ramp up is slow. Plus warlock covers slot of the utility needed.

Then with G2099, HB, Ghost and Warlock go do V3.

claire is great choice for Mystic tons of utility, will be good for when you tackle 100% v5.

Falcon is good for evade match ups so evade champions, nodes like mix master etc. But you have KM who has access to true strike as well. He also reduces defensive AAR so good to counter things like Korgs thorns, Electro, Magic amound other things. So he's Pretty decent to use the old year gems on.

In terms of mutants all have there uses and are great choices, i would play around with them and see which one you like to play most otherwise wait till you need them to rank up

that's incredibly helpful @Bidzy7 . I do have a tech ag
    edited December 2020

Do 7.1 it’s easy enough even with your roster.

I'll probably take a look at it and see. more 6* for the featured is good
    BuffBeast said:

Act 7,I’d rank up havok or Emma + level up 6* BWDO
    Also,that skill corvus ain’t gonna rank himself up

V3 with Ghost should be easy

that takes skill tho, so not sure
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Do Act 7, gonna be easy with what you have
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    @Thicco_Mode

ok thats interesting then. Sentinel is a great champ who has a ton of utility and is very tanky too.

He's also awesome for v3 but also is XL so great for v2 also.
    variant 6 is going to require villain champs so again he will come in handy for that too.

so in terms of progression that rank up will help you tackle 3 more variants.

so would say a worthy consideration to awaken and rank up.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Act 7 is decently easy tbh. I think ghost could carry you through completion. So far i could have done completion with just ghost. Assuming youre good with her.
  • Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 755 ★★★

I finally completed act 6 and it feels like a huge accomplishment for me. I would write more, but my eyes and my soul are tired. My rewards were pretty poo, including my rank up gems. HB dupe from featured, 3rd rogue this month from skill/mutants, and a Civil Warrior from the nexus. However, the one thing that wasn't poo was the t5b and t2a, cause ya know, no rng. So now I'm in a sizable dilemma on who to rank up and what to do.

One of the mystic 3-4s, one of the mutant 3-4s, and the skill 3-4 are all year based ones, but the rest are normal. Who would you suggest I rank up? The thing about using the 1-2 gem on g2099 is that I also have a 4-5 and a 5* gem, so I'm not sure if I do both or one. I'm leaning towards the 5* and saving the 6* for someone else. For the 2-3, I'll probably use it on sentinel or someone, or I might just save it. For mystic, I'll use one on bwcv and save the year one. The mutant one is where my biggest confusion comes from because I have havok, sunspot, and emma, and I don't know who to choose. I have falcon for the year skill gem, but I don't know what I'd use him for, which applies to every champ I've mentioned. The science one has no one useful, so I'll save. If anyone has guidance/tips, I'd greatly appreciate.

Champs:

Roster:

In terms of progression, we have no progression. (Did ya catch the reference?) I don't really know what to do now. Act 7? I have v4 explored and a completion run of v5.

Thanks alll

Yeah the reference is from that famous comedian dude,umm what movie was it...?
    Ummmm
    Umm
    "Snap"
    The 40 year old virgin!! That's the movie!
    Right yeah I got the reference
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,182 ★★★★★
    Thiccy getting in with the big guys !!
    Grtz

I did 6.4 on mini 2 days ago then got 6* sasquatch from feature and did 7.1 last night with him r2

Thiccy getting in with the big guys !!
    Grtz

I did 6.4 on mini 2 days ago then got 6* sasquatch from feature and did 7.1 last night with him r2

congrats!

Champs:

Roster:

Thanks alll

Ummmm
    Umm
    "Snap"
    maybe it was in that movie but I was hinting at despicable me
    Bidzy7 said:

@Thicco_Mode

ok thats interesting then. Sentinel is a great champ who has a ton of utility and is very tanky too.

He's also awesome for v3 but also is XL so great for v2 also.
    variant 6 is going to require villain champs so again he will come in handy for that too.

so in terms of progression that rank up will help you tackle 3 more variants.

so would say a worthy consideration to awaken and rank up.

you make a very strong case. I'll play around with him
  • BuckyBruhBuckyBruh Posts: 453 ★★★

V3 with Ghost should be easy

Not against magneto. Phasing won't work.
    I forgot to mention this earlier, but if anyone is looking to complete act 6, I'll certainly point out what I did for all of act 6 and help with roster suggestions. The resources I used were @Agent_X_zzz 's forum posts:
    Act 6 bosses: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/234193/act-6-bosses-tips#latest
    This one is incredibly helpful, especially for the difficult bosses
    6.4 Infographic https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/232762/6-4-infograph-created-by-mcoc-noob#latest
    This one is a nice visual for easy paths, and has tips for exploration too.

MCOC Noob's YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBc9uqUgohEqSun91N3av1Q
    This. person. is. incredible. Super handy quest by quest videos on easy paths and bosses. They go on the path with you, do each fight, give suggested champs for each fight, and tips along the way. Fantastic youtube channel.
    I think this is their forum tag? @Mcocnoob

For the GM, i used Seatin's guide
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj1V0Si5xHA
    Super detailed and helpful. Agent also has a written guide in the first link above which I used mid fight.

So again, I'll help whoever needs help for act 6 or any content I've done, and I'll provide some resources that were helpful to me.
    I forgot to ask, but who should I r5? I have a decent bit of t2a and 4 or 5 t5bs
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★

I forgot to ask, but who should I r5? I have a decent bit of t2a and 4 or 5 t5bs

BWCV. She is an absolute beast.
  • Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 755 ★★★

Champs:

Roster:

Thanks alll

Ummmm
    Umm
    "Snap"
    I know....I was joking...

Champs:

Roster:

Thanks alll

Ummmm
    Umm
    "Snap"
    I know....I was joking...
    oh didn't realize😅