**UPDATE - iPAD STUCK FLICKERING SCREEN**
The 47.0.1 hotfix to address the issue of freezing & flashing lights on loading screens when trying to enter a fight, along with other smaller issues, is now ready to be downloaded through the App Store on IOS.
More information here.

Honest Review: Underrated or Overrated: Old Man Logan

Rouger4Rouger4 Member Posts: 633 ★★★
When Old Man Logan came out in the beta , everyone thought he was the superior champion. Now fast forward about a year, Colossus is regarded as a top tier mutant and Old Man Logan is dismissed as a disappointing buff. While Colossus is obviously superior, we are going to analyze Old Man Logan and see if this hate is deserved or unwarranted.

Lets get some of his abilities out of the way first. He has immunity to ability accuracy modification. This allows him to fight champs and nodes that lower AA without being affected. However, this can also affect nodes that increase your ability accuracy. This a rare ability shared by few, including Archangel and Mysterio.

The ability accuracy immunity is basically the only ability to not play into his rotation, so I explained that first. But what is his rotation? I’m not really a experienced Old Man Logan player, but the basic rotation is to be as aggressive as possible and stack those passive bleeds by attacking. You could refresh these bleeds with a heavy, but this isn’t really that helpful at keeping those bleeds. Firstly, because you need a opening to use a heavy, and also because the heavy has only two hits while the basic combo has 5. Then, you race up to special, which will convert those bleeds to furies. This is your main source of damage. The first special has extra attack and also has the chance to inflict some powerful critical bleeds. If you deem it nessesary, you could use a sp3 to gain 2 Deep Wounds and this increases your critical chance.

Now, obviously because he’s Wolverine, he has regeneration. His regeneration isn’t that strong, but you can keep it uptime for quite a while and it adds up, making him a very sustainable champion. His regeneration also allows him to take almost NO damage from bleeds, making him a counter to Yondu and Caltrops and the like. HOWEVER, his regeneration is consumed when he gains furies. This is in my opinion his major downfall.

The MAIN PROBLEM with Old Man Logan is that he requires a extremely aggressive playstyle, which is partly midigated by regeneration. HOWEVER, you lose all his sustainability and bleed resistance when you throw a special. While the regeneration refreshes every 20 seconds, this means you are forced to balance utility and damage. This is fine, you could just wait till the regeneration is about to expire and throw a special. HOWEVER, you have to keep up the aggressive playstyle and intercept, if you keep looking at the timer, you might get distracted. On top of that, you might get 15 bleeds but not get 15 furies because you want to wait for the regen, causing you to lose a lot of damage potential. This also makes his bleed resistance unreliable.

Conclusion: While OML has the potential to be a regen beats with great damage, he requires a extremely aggressive playstyle and specific timing to balance his utility and damage, which would cause you lose lose a lot of damage. IMO, he’s a decent champ.

Comments

• Rouger4Rouger4 Member Posts: 633 ★★★
    @Kill_Grey is probably not gonna like this
    edited December 2020
    Oh noooooo why is this in suggestions and requests I must’ve misclicked
    Can someone delete this pls? I’m scared to make another one in general discussion in case it’s classified as spam.
  • MeebletonMeebleton Member Posts: 552 ★★★
    Kinda ironic that a character with "old man" in their name requires a fast and aggressive play style
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Member Posts: 706 ★★★★
    Rouger4 said:

I’m sooo sorry I accidentally sent this post in suggestions and requests. Pls don’t classify this as spam I just misclicked the button.

When Old Man Logan came out in the beta , everyone thought he was the superior champion. Now fast forward about a year, Colossus is regarded as a top tier mutant and Old Man Logan is dismissed as a disappointing buff. While Colossus is obviously superior, we are going to analyze Old Man Logan and see if this hate is deserved or unwarranted.

Lets get some of his abilities out of the way first. He has immunity to ability accuracy modification. This allows him to fight champs and nodes that lower AA without being affected. However, this can also affect nodes that increase your ability accuracy. This a rare ability shared by few, including Archangel and Mysterio.

The ability accuracy immunity is basically the only ability to not play into his rotation, so I explained that first. But what is his rotation? I’m not really a experienced Old Man Logan player, but the basic rotation is to be as aggressive as possible and stack those passive bleeds by attacking. You could refresh these bleeds with a heavy, but this isn’t really that helpful at keeping those bleeds. Firstly, because you need a opening to use a heavy, and also because the heavy has only two hits while the basic combo has 5. Then, you race up to special, which will convert those bleeds to furies. This is your main source of damage. The first special has extra attack and also has the chance to inflict some powerful critical bleeds. If you deem it nessesary, you could use a sp3 to gain 2 Deep Wounds and this increases your critical chance.

Now, obviously because he’s Wolverine, he has regeneration. His regeneration isn’t that strong, but you can keep it uptime for quite a while and it adds up, making him a very sustainable champion. His regeneration also allows him to take almost NO damage from bleeds, making him a counter to Yondu and Caltrops and the like. HOWEVER, his regeneration is consumed when he gains furies. This is in my opinion his major downfall.

The MAIN PROBLEM with Old Man Logan is that he requires a extremely aggressive playstyle, which is partly midigated by regeneration. HOWEVER, you lose all his sustainability and bleed resistance when you throw a special. While the regeneration refreshes every 20 seconds, this means you are forced to balance utility and damage. This is fine, you could just wait till the regeneration is about to expire and throw a special. HOWEVER, you have to keep up the aggressive playstyle and intercept, if you keep looking at the timer, you might get distracted. On top of that, you might get 15 bleeds but not get 15 furies because you want to wait for the regen, causing you to lose a lot of damage potential. This also makes his bleed resistance unreliable.

Conclusion: While OML has the potential to be a regen beats with great damage, he requires a extremely aggressive playstyle and specific timing to balance his utility and damage, which would cause you lose lose a lot of damage. IMO, he’s a decent champ.

He’s neither overrated nor underrated. He’s fairly rated as being par for the course in the mutant class
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Member Posts: 4,498 ★★★★★
    Nice one, Oml is quite a cool champion he won't be your go to champion but for sure quite useful.
    Do u guys want me to do a cosmic ghost rider vs Corvus glaive comparison?
  • Skillful_starSkillful_star Member Posts: 761 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    Except you missed the part where his awakened ability gives a chance for every passive bleed to gain 400% duration,this helps moderate his playstyle a lot since you're basically gaining passive bleed on almost all hits meaning if you keep attacking you'll eventually reach a point where all 15 have 400% duration and with the heal expiring you can time things perfectly. If he's awakened and at a decent sig,and you can play well,you can keep the furies and regen up all the time.
  • tusharNairtusharNair Member Posts: 290 ★★
    I always take oml in incursions...and have a blast..he doesn't gain that much from horseman

Except you missed the part where his awakened ability gives a chance for every passive bleed to gain 400% duration,this helps moderate his playstyle a lot since you're basically gaining passive bleed on almost all hits meaning if you keep attacking you'll eventually reach a point where all 15 have 400% duration and with the heal expiring you can time things perfectly. If he's awakened and at a decent sig,and you can play well,you can keep the furies and regen up all the time.

Great point I completely put that at the back of my head. Mine is unduped so i don’t really encounter the long bleeds. I would add that onto the post but the edit time has run out.
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Member Posts: 2,592 ★★★★★
    He is a total beast in the new AQ, has some used in AW and is one of the best champs for incursions. He is fun to play and has some good synergies as well!

I believe he is underrrated!
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Member Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    OML is great.
    Kill_Grey said:

OML is great.

IKR