**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Defender Kills

Can we get defender kills back?!
Diversity is cool and all, it's great to give incentive to use other champs than the same 5 or 6 throughout the entire map, but it's obviously a flawed system (hence nerfing the points given for it). I'm not advocating to have diversity removed, just make defender kills count and relevant again!
We just lost a war due to 1 missed node out of 3 BGS, 100% diverse in each BG, we had a higher defender rating, and we had nearly 40 more defender kills! But 1% exploration threw all that away, because without defender kills alliances can just buy wins and take the skill completely out of the game. Which is demoralizing and making some debate quitting.

Comments

• Kabam will tweak and twerk AW for a month or so before finally realizing that Alliance Wars completely suck without awarding points for Defender Kills. By not awarding points for Defender Kills, kabam has simply sucked the skill aspect out of AW as weak opponents can simply keep reviving to get the 100%exploration.
  • With the current system, if both alliances get 100% exploration which is almost always the case since the maps are so ridiculously easy now, and both have 100% diversified battlegroup defenders, which is going to be the case now that we've all had time to adjust, the only possible tie-breaker is Defender Rating. So, nowhere in this scoring system is Game Skill ever factored in. The only possible way to award points to the alliance with the more skilled players is to make Defensive Kills relevant again!
  • MattcoholicMattcoholic Posts: 29
    Or Kabam could just put a blind auction when a match is found and the alliance willing to spend more units/glory/resources just automatically gets the win and we don't even have to go through the whole 48 hour charade with the pretense of a "War".
  • KyokaKyoka Posts: 43
    Bro they don't care just drop it please
    Kyoka wrote: »
    No. If you don't think this discussion can produce any results there are plenty others to comment on. I won't drop it Bro, I will stand by my post and support anyone else who makes a similar post until it gets fixed.
    Kabam please bring back points for defender kills!
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Kyoka wrote: »

Just don't read threads you aren't interested in. Continuing to bring up issues like this can bring about change.
    Defender kills are the only way to ensure skill is even important. Otherwise people can just buy wins, so back to my comments about instituting a pre-war blind auction. If you're gonna be so blatant at least own it!
  • **** you Kabam!!
    sivo2eac92p2.png
    m37d4gvy8flr.png
    l0cbg2xia1zv.png
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Or at least ramp up nodes a bit… monoffense but it’s a joke only useful for skirmish gold atm as everything else is basically a roll of the dice
  • ToybobToybob Posts: 7
    First time ive ever posted here but I am motivated to. I have to.

Been playing this game for a long while but in its current guise aw is boring.

The alliance I am part is become disinterested and we don't play war anymore.

I am a business man and I understand kabam wanting to make more money. Of course they do but there is a point where the increased profitability in dollars is offset by the loss in goodwill of the customer base resulting in s reduced spend.

Kabam quicker you change aw model the quicker goodwill gets repaired and we all start playing and spending again.

You have had me spend to max champs that are no longer relevant. Are you going to issue domwgrade tickets? I wouldn't I'd try to get me and those like me to spend again on new content and new champs that are progressively getting stronger.

That being said please make wars fun. It's that simple. If they're not fun no one will bother.
    The only way this is fixed is defender kills counting, make them count for less than they used to so that people are still encouraged to buy revives and health potions if profit is the goal here. But I'm not buying a unit pack or any other deal that costs real money until there is some benefit to my alliance and myself. We continuously clear all 3 BGs at 100% and have gone to 100% diversity, so it comes down to combined rating and not skill at all. Anyone with daddy's credit card can money whip a maxed out team, even of scrub champs that have 0 other use, and just keep reviving and healing up until their BG is cleared. That's hardly fair to those of us who have put in literally years of playing to build teams and skill and learn strategies for the content. It's like McDonald's paying the drive thru kid the same wage as a manager that's put in the effort to climb that corporate ladder.
    #administrator #moderator #Alliance #AllianceWars #AW #DefenderKills #MCOC #Kabam
    AW is a joke. An obvious money grab and it's no fun any more.