**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Half hour timers

MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,092 ★★★
Considering how long maintenance is tonight could we possibly get half hour timers for the rest of day 5? I’m sure no one would complain considering we’re losing tons of time to finish up aq.

Comments

• JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Assuming people could stay up to use it. Many have given up already.

Go ahead, reply snarky. I need mindless drivel to entertain me.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    You lost max 2 moves and knew in advance to use your energy..

I was on a flight and couldn’t use it...
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,092 ★★★
    I used my energy. However with time zones differing across my alliance it does create an issue. And 2+ hours now.
    Just stop feeding the trolls. Maybe for once kabam will do something beneficial and actually give us half hour timers for the last 14 hours of aq.
  • phartspharts Posts: 10
    You're just a kabam apologist. People could have been waiting for nodes to come down. As I said in the other thread, there's no reason they have to do it now. They're smart enough to know it's day 5 a month in advance too.

You're probably the same jack hole who didn't mind waiting for the cable company during their 12 hour appointment windows because "well, I guess that's just the way they do things. Shucks!"
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 284 ★★
    I know it has screwed our alliance people going to bed and can’t stay up. Now when they wake up in the morning will be pushed for time to finish if we can.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    God I love these threads yall always looking for a reason for things to be made easier then wonder why kabam doesn't wanna take you seriously when u complain about actual issues lol
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    I actually agree with OP. When you're running maps 5 or 6, every hour is precious. I think timers should be 30 minutes regardless, but making them temporarily 30 minutes for the last day would be the right move imo. @Kyoka , I'm curious, which map are you running right now on day 5?
    That’s my point and why for the remainder of day 5 half hour timers would at least soften the blow of the rush we’ll be in.
  • KingCrooksKingCrooks Posts: 176
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    You lost max 2 moves and knew in advance to use your energy..

Thank you! They send notifications out that literally say use your energy...... If you used it, you'll not have lost any
    I’m going to assume the idiots not wanting it are map 2 or 3 alliances. Map 5 and 6 there’s not time for 2-3 hour maintenance. 1 hour maintenance ok. Not one lasting this long.
  • KyokaKyoka Posts: 43
    @Midnightfox if ur not asking for anything of value then why ask ur logic is the troll here buddy
    Ur salty cause someone called you out on your stupidity
  • solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    You're seriously asking for 30min timers after losing 2 hours of AQ time? What else do you want, a full set of revives and pots? If you care so much about 2 energy points you most likely are one of the more active guys in AQ, meaning you must've been playing AQ before the maintenancr and used up your energy bar. If you did, you lose literally nothing. You'll still regain 2 energy after the maintenance ends and will be able to use it as soon as the game comes back up. If you didn't, then that's fully your fault because you were warned days in advance. If you're going to sleep before the game goes back up, you lost 2 more energy than you would've had the maintenance not happened. If your alliance completes AQ less than 2 hours before the time ends, with everyone at zero energy, then your alliance is just bad at AQ and wastes more energy than any amount of maintenance could, and you have no reason to blame kabam as an excuse for not completing it. If not, then the maintenance doesn't affect you in any way.
    Time is not a commodity @Kyoka. It costs nothing but, when you are like me running an alliance in the top tiers with international time zones it is an issue. Unlike some jokers at the top we all run our own accounts so it does become a serious issue when 3-5 of my guys have to go to bed or work and can’t make their moves.
  • Fab420Fab420 Posts: 12
    Imo 45m aq timers would be ideal for players and kabam. More alliances would be willing to run map 6 more often if they felt like they could reasonably finish in time
  • BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    solopolo wrote: »
    You're seriously asking for 30min timers after losing 2 hours of AQ time? What else do you want, a full set of revives and pots? If you care so much about 2 energy points you most likely are one of the more active guys in AQ, meaning you must've been playing AQ before the maintenancr and used up your energy bar. If you did, you lose literally nothing. You'll still regain 2 energy after the maintenance ends and will be able to use it as soon as the game comes back up. If you didn't, then that's fully your fault because you were warned days in advance. If you're going to sleep before the game goes back up, you lost 2 more energy than you would've had the maintenance not happened. If your alliance completes AQ less than 2 hours before the time ends, with everyone at zero energy, then your alliance is just bad at AQ and wastes more energy than any amount of maintenance could, and you have no reason to blame kabam as an excuse for not completing it. If not, then the maintenance doesn't affect you in any way.

I'll settle for 10 min timers and 10 energy to start if thats ok with you my friend
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★

I'll settle for 10 min timers and 10 energy to start if thats ok with you my friend

No energy limit and a free 4 star kang would do for me
    Lol. Love the post above.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★

The world is a lot bigger than your time zone. We have people all over and some groups do finish at the end due to timing. This is going to kill that. Oh well, life goes on, but don't be so myopic.

It's **** all around. Poor timing, lack of planning, it's not great. But whatever.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★

We run map 5 and many times we complete with just an hour left. I don't think it's b/c we're unskilled as we complete with hardly any items used and with plenty of HP left. The fact is, we have lives. Many people are busy. Different time zones also complicate things. 2 hours make a huge difference when you consider how many players within a bg is affected (maximum of 20 moves, which is very significant).
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    Love brainless replies... Here is 7.30 AM and waiting this stupid maintenance before going to sleep. While I'm waiting a lot of normal people from my timezone are already going to work and will have no time till lunch, so map 6 today will be a nightmare. But who cares... Keep trolling!

Well, it's back now, thank you!
    JRock808 wrote: »
    The world is a lot bigger than your time zone. We have people all over and some groups do finish at the end due to timing. This is going to kill that. Oh well, life goes on, but don't be so myopic.

It's **** all around. Poor timing, lack of planning, it's not great. But whatever.
    My point remains. Time zones or not, you finishing AQ at the last minute is not kabam's fault.

We run map 5 and many times we complete with just an hour left. I don't think it's b/c we're unskilled as we complete with hardly any items used and with plenty of HP left. The fact is, we have lives. Many people are busy. Different time zones also complicate things. 2 hours make a huge difference when you consider how many players within a bg is affected (maximum of 20 moves, which is very significant).
    It has nothing to do with skill. It's all about timing. If you're logging in once or twice a day, of course you'll be losing energy and completing AQ's late. Has nothing to do with the maintenance. "We have lives and different timezones" does not equate to "we should be able to complete all AQ's with minimal time put into the game". This is a game that requires activity. If you're not willing to put time into it, you won't get anything out of it. Simple.
    "Poor planning" you were warned days before. They're not going to realistically warn about bugfixes a week before, then do nothing about it for that entire week.

@thanks4playing you're saying this aqssuming everyone will be asleep after the game comes back up. Even if that's the case (highly unlikely but whatever)qyou're only losing 20/100 energy. Still 1/5. You can inflate the numbers all you want but the fact remains. The energy loss is mot significant enough to call for an energy timer change.
  • Not everyone in a single alliance come from same time zone, so scheduled or not scheduled maintenance always screw up aq run, they couldn't just wait one more day to bring this ****. Yea we do need 30 min timer.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,240 ★★★★★
    It was down for 2 hours on Day 5. It's not really enough to throw off the entire run. Scheduled Maintenance happens on the same day of the week, so it's not unexpected. They announced it ahead of time. I can't say that I agree that it warrants 30-Minute Timers.
  • Not sure but looks like it's 30 min timer already. But not sure.
    Not everyone in a single alliance come from same time zone, so scheduled or not scheduled maintenance always screw up aq run, they couldn't just wait one more day to bring this ****. Yea we do need 30 min timer.

Different timezones mean only a small number of the alliance members were affected, and even then those members were only minimally affected. Stop using your incapability as an excuse to get rewards handed to you by kabam.
  • KyokaKyoka Posts: 43
    @Midnightfox most of the community isn't top tier dude
    And you're acting like it's only your alliance being effected for maintenance. It's everyone and that same exact situation your whining about is happening to many other alliances with twice the severity.
    Grow up and stop looking for handouts
    btw so sad you flag every post that disagrees with your nonsense LOL
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    We need individual AQ energy refills or permanent 30 min timers in AQ

I mean you reduced the AW timers permanently so why not AQ.

Wouldn't it be beneficial to everyone