**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Rate 1-10 Act 6 vs Act 7

HomerJBondHomerJBond Posts: 118
edited December 2020 in General Discussion
3 categories. 1-10 (10 is best/enjoyable)

Act 6 (pre-nerf): 2/10
Act 6 (post-nerf) 6/10
Act 7: 9/10

Comments

• Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Best as enjoyable?
  • Options
    HomerJBondHomerJBond Posts: 118
    Yes I put a quick edit in there thank you. For the sake of it being a game—enjoyable
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,387 ★★★★★
    Act 6 pre nerf id give it a 3-4 as i personally didnt have best of the best counters
    Act 6 post no clue
    Act 7 10
  • Options
    Hoodie25Hoodie25 Posts: 312 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    Act 6 (pre-nerf): 3/10, the attack values were just far too high, and some of the niche requirements (Mr. Sinister) were ridiculous

Act 6 (post-nerf): 7.5/10
    I’ll be honest, I actually enjoyed most of act 6 exploration after the nerfs. When you can actually take blocked hits it opens up so many more options for different paths, and several of the most absurd fights were toned down. IMO the main things holding act 6 back at this point are the entirety of 6.2.5, and the class gates in 6.2.6 (and of course there are a few just randomly bs fights still scattered throughout the act)

Act 7: 9/10
    Since I’ve only done a completion run at this point, I can’t make a full judgement on act 7 just yet. But from what I’ve seen so far, I’m really impressed with this content design. It’s creative, it’s fresh, and it’s rewarding instead of punishing. I think my only complaint would be that maybe it felt a little too easy in places, but that’s not a bad change of pace from the horrors of pre-nerf act 6. And given that this is only 7.1, things will probably escalate some more in the later chapters.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Act 6 pre-nerf: 2/10 it looked horrible
    Act 6 post nerf: 7/10 It is far more enjoyable than pre-nerf act 6 but the main thing holding it back is the number of paths per quest is just absurd and the entire quest of 6.2.5. (I completed that quest just yesterday and it was not a pleasant experience).

Act 7: I haven't done it but from the looks of it, I would say 10/10
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Act 6 (Pre) - 1.5/10 ... everything, excluding Chapter 1 and the Grandmaster fight, was terrible
    Act 6 (Post) 5/10 ... even with the scaled back attack, the totality of it is still just not fun especially exploration. the paths are too many and there are still pain points for many.

Act 7 - 9/10 ... properly balanced in each regard i'd say. you feel like you have a shot on each path and each fight instead of being at a disadvantage from the start like the majority of Act 6. the number of paths to explore was great, the rewards were amazing to boot and the break up of having to fight one annoying boss 10 times was a huge relief.
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Act 6 (pre) - 6/10
    Act 6 (post)- 8/10
    Act 7.1 - 7/10
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I havent done exploration of either or Act 6 pre nerf, but Act 7 seems a lot more fun and less restrictive
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Act 6 (Pre Nerf): 4/10. Feels slightly generous but there were a couple of fights I enjoyed.

Won’t talk post nerf since I did it 100% pre nerf. Don’t know how it feels now

Act 7: 9/10. I have no real complaints but I wouldn’t have minded the difficulty to be a tad higher. I’m really not bothered though, I absolutely had a blast
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    I'll let you know in January. Gonna use the holiday time off to try to complete Act 6. Need to watch some videos on that final boss fight...
  • Options
    BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
    Act 6 pre: 4/10, Hated everything except for the Grandmaster Fight
    Act 6 post: 6/10, Happy that its easier to get it over with
    Act 7.1: 10/10, The first time in years I've had fun playing story!