**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Corvus, Magento or Furry to r5? Help a brotha out

Been saving crystals and did a massive opening where I got Corvus, Mags red and the one-eye Furry. I have them all at r4 but only have materials for 1 of them to go to r5.

My problem is that they are all tricky/weird/annoying to play. Corvus has to ramp up on specific champs, Mags has to squeeze hi cheeks to gain prowess and Nick has to die to get good. I haven't played any of them before but my short time with them has left me a bit underwhelmed because of their play styles.

I'm currently trying to do act 6 completion and am halfway through 6.2. Haven't touched abyss or labyrinthyet and I don't do AQ/AW. So my main focus ATM ict Act 6 and variant 5 and the upcoming 6.

What would you do in my place?

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    LmaoLmao Posts: 842 ★★★
    Also username checks out I guess
  • Options
    KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,089 ★★★★
    I think it's between magneto and Nick
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I’d take fury up first then mags
  • Options
    WeaponXWeaponX Posts: 135

Well for starters, Magneto will crush in Variant 6 as a #Villain, and there are TONS of paths where I used Magneto in my Act 6 Completion. So I'm gonna say r5 him.

Nick Fury is probs the best champion out of the 3 overall. Corvus I would only recommend if you use Suicides - he's still great without them, but with them...my God.

In all cases, it sounds like you're gonna need to keep practicing with them. Sure, they're "weird." But they are also three of the best champipns in the game for a reason.

For Magneto, practice heavy countering - way more interesting, way more valuable in my opinion.

For Nick Fury, just get used to reduced health! It's no big deal. He can also deal some dope damage in his first phase if you have 5/5 Deep Wounds, so you don't even have to kill him off till the final/big fight you use him for.

For Corvus, again, if you use Suicides, he's a monster with just one charge. 2 charges without Suicides. He's worth the ramp up, even without Suicides.

Hope this helps man! Best of luck.

Thanks for the in-depth explanation! I think you are right that I need to play a bit with all three and get a better grasp on them.

Fury is the only one I had a gem and lots of sig stones ready for so he is already sig 80 which is a plus but Mags and Corvus don't really need to be awakened anyway. And I have deep wounds maxed out cuz I love my bleed champs so that's all good.

I will rank him up and then look into Mags and Corvus for the next round.

Cheers!
  • Options
    Will3808 said:

I’d take fury up first then mags

Looks like that might be the best way to go :)
  • Options
    One thing I can't figure out with Fury: when I go down to the decoy phase in a fight, if I heal him up for the next fight, does that still keep me in decoy mode or not?
  • Options
    HassamaMamaHassamaMama Posts: 114
    WeaponX said:

Well for starters, Magneto will crush in Variant 6 as a #Villain, and there are TONS of paths where I used Magneto in my Act 6 Completion. So I'm gonna say r5 him.

Nick Fury is probs the best champion out of the 3 overall. Corvus I would only recommend if you use Suicides - he's still great without them, but with them...my God.

In all cases, it sounds like you're gonna need to keep practicing with them. Sure, they're "weird." But they are also three of the best champipns in the game for a reason.

For Magneto, practice heavy countering - way more interesting, way more valuable in my opinion.

For Nick Fury, just get used to reduced health! It's no big deal. He can also deal some dope damage in his first phase if you have 5/5 Deep Wounds, so you don't even have to kill him off till the final/big fight you use him for.

For Corvus, again, if you use Suicides, he's a monster with just one charge. 2 charges without Suicides. He's worth the ramp up, even without Suicides.

Hope this helps man! Best of luck.

Thanks for the in-depth explanation! I think you are right that I need to play a bit with all three and get a better grasp on them.

Fury is the only one I had a gem and lots of sig stones ready for so he is already sig 80 which is a plus but Mags and Corvus don't really need to be awakened anyway. And I have deep wounds maxed out cuz I love my bleed champs so that's all good.

I will rank him up and then look into Mags and Corvus for the next round.

Cheers!
    No prob! Few things tho:

1. Using those sig stones on Fury was a waste...he only needs to be sig 1. No more. Only benefit is increasing prestige/PI when you're using him. Magneto benefits more from a high sig than Nick Fury does actually lol.

2. When you reach the second life phase in a fight, he will begin the next fight in the same, second life phase. If you heal him up, he'll degen himself down to 30%. All you gotta do is throw 2 sp1s and then you'll be unblockable for the rest of the fight as you MLLLL your way to success. Use a heavy or an sp2 to get rid of any debuffs on you and get that internal bleed up. That's all there is to it!
  • Options
    edited December 2020

No prob! Few things tho:

1. Using those sig stones on Fury was a waste...he only needs to be sig 1. No more. Only benefit is increasing prestige/PI when you're using him. Magneto benefits more from a high sig than Nick Fury does actually lol.

2. When you reach the second life phase in a fight, he will begin the next fight in the same, second life phase. If you heal him up, he'll degen himself down to 30%. All you gotta do is throw 2 sp1s and then you'll be unblockable for the rest of the fight as you MLLLL your way to success. Use a heavy or an sp2 to get rid of any debuffs on you and get that internal bleed up. That's all there is to it!

1. Live and learn! Got excited for finally pulling that Furry I guess :P But they were skill stones and had no one to use'em on. Should have just saved them...

2. That is super-helpful! Thanks for all the great tips, very much appreciated!

• Options
    GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
    Magento
  • Options
    GNASTY said:

Magento

You would do Mags before Fury - care to elaborate as to why? :)
  • Options
    AstoundsAstounds Posts: 323 ★★
    Fury is always a good choice as long as awakened. And he's fine without dying, just not AS good. But from when I just did an initial completion of act 6, Magneto was MVP more than Fury, honestly. With v6 coming too, Magneto might be a better rank up. Magneto just deletes a few lanes in act 6 like its nobodies business and the same with some annoying bosses.
  • Options
    AATTAATT Posts: 525 ★★★
    Mags for v6
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,059 ★★★★
    Rank up Red Mags. He's gonna crush Variant 6 for you. He also shuts down a lot of annoying robots in Act 6
  • Options
    Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    Nick furry.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    WeaponX said:

No prob! Few things tho:

1. Live and learn! Got excited for finally pulling that Furry I guess :P But they were skill stones and had no one to use'em on. Should have just saved them...

2. That is super-helpful! Thanks for all the great tips, very much appreciated!

Whoever of Magneto NF or Corvus you rank up it can’t go wrong.
    It’s really down to what your roster needs and what content you are aiming for.
    You should have kept those skill stones for Aegon.
    NF doesn’t benefit from high sig apart from prestige.
    Good thing is that 5* signature stones aren’t that rare anymore.

• Options
    SecretWarri0rSecretWarri0r Posts: 230
    edited December 2020
    Corvus glaive.

Edit: I just always assume everyone runs suicides, so let me say, Corvus, if you have suicides.
  • Options
    Just a quick follow-up: I ended up taking Magento to R5 for variant 6 and then got the skill 4-5 gem and took up Furry. So that worked out really well :)

Thanks again for the advice guys!
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    WeaponX said:

One thing I can't figure out with Fury: when I go down to the decoy phase in a fight, if I heal him up for the next fight, does that still keep me in decoy mode or not?

You heal up his second phase, so in the next fight, you still degen to 30%. I'd recommend just playing in his LMD phase and using the real nick/2nd phase as a safety net
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Gardener said:

NF and he doesnt have to kill himself he is better in his seocnd life but use his first life theres no reason to just burn through his first life

I don't understand where the idea that he's not good or his damage is bad while in LMD thing came from at all. I practically never kill off LMD purposely and Nick has been one of my most used champs since he was released.

Only thing I can think of is that a lot of people don't have deep wounds unlocked, which I'd recommend anyone wanting to use Nick regularly do anyway, but particularly if you want to get more use from him in LMD.
  • Options
    Now I have him R5, awakened and unnecessarily sigged up :P so I will start making him do some work :)

I'm not a big fan of playing at low health so I will definitely play in LMD mode since I have deep wounds maxed since it was introduced and use the decoy as a safety net as you guys suggested.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    WeaponX said:

Now I have him R5, awakened and unnecessarily sigged up :P so I will start making him do some work :)

I'm not a big fan of playing at low health so I will definitely play in LMD mode since I have deep wounds maxed since it was introduced and use the decoy as a safety net as you guys suggested.

Nice decision
  • Options

Nice decision

Got lucky with the skill gem so it worked out as well as possible