**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

WOAH— Gamechanging Pull, New Rank Up Question

MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
edited December 2020 in Strategy and Tips

I thought i was getting Agent Venom sig 40... But i got Namor.

Should I r3? Virtually All content is done, prestige is a motivator, I only have 31 sigs right now, but Im happy to give him all my sigs.

These are my current r3s:

(Aegon is sig 179, max im willing to take him is 180 to avoid a max sig 6* depression pull.)

These are my mutant 6*s:

Im taking him to r2 regardless, so any tips would be awesome!

(Also current prestige is 11,518, so Namor would increase it.)
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Havok.
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

No go apoc IMO

So my reluctance there is that if im bringing him, Im most likely using a horsemen not Apoc. So having him r3 won’t do a ton. That said I might do it since he is fun.
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

Havok.

Pretty much the reason im asking right there. However, I have a 4/55 sig 120 Havok 5*, should i r5 him instead?
  • Options
    MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★
    I'd take up Apocalypse instead, he may not help with Prestige but he'll be more useful in future content. Once you can get Namor to a higher sig you might be able to take him up too.
  • Options
    EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    Apocalypse is a much more "game changing" champ that Namor would ever dream to be, specially because you dont have the sigs to x200 him. Apocalypse has so much more utility and will make your other mutants much more powerful. Go Apoc.
  • Options
    I forgot to mention I run suicides. Which means constant healing with namor and no special spam with Apoc. I have to test both of them some more.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

No go apoc IMO

So my reluctance there is that if im bringing him, Im most likely using a horsemen not Apoc. So having him r3 won’t do a ton. That said I might do it since he is fun.
    In my opinion, his benefit is that he is a lot of fun, and a good champ to use for a lot of fights.
    If you awaken him, having a horseman on the team actually benefits him because it allows him to use the rejuvenation chamber for a decent health gain, so you get benefits from not using him a lot on the quest. Not to mention his nearly permanent concussion, weakness, poison, and degeneration if you can weave in heavies or throw an sp3. He also has some great energy (maybe direct, not sure) damage on his specials.
    Plus, you have the best horseman, the god of the abyss, Cable.
    I would take him up without question.
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

No go apoc IMO

In my opinion, his benefit is that he is a lot of fun, and a good champ to use for a lot of fights.
    If you awaken him, having a horseman on the team actually benefits him because it allows him to use the rejuvenation chamber for a decent health gain, so you get benefits from not using him a lot on the quest. Not to mention his nearly permanent concussion, weakness, poison, and degeneration if you can weave in heavies or throw an sp3. He also has some great energy (maybe direct, not sure) damage on his specials.
    Direct, but i recoil myself. I dont know if ill get a dupe anytime soon, since im not opening this round of featureds.(i have most of the bangers)
  • Options
    Maltyo9Maltyo9 Posts: 270 ★★★
    That Cable, though...

@KDSuperFlash10 any thoughts?
  • Options
    Apoc seems to be the clear better option. Ill need to test them both some more. Maybe wait a while.
  • Options

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

No go apoc IMO

Direct, but i recoil myself. I dont know if ill get a dupe anytime soon, since im not opening this round of featureds.(i have most of the bangers)
    The dupe isn’t really needed, but more to counter suicides with healing when you are using a horseman. I think he will have so much more value than Namor in future content, with the horseman ability and utility.
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

No go apoc IMO

The dupe isn’t really needed, but more to counter suicides with healing when you are using a horseman. I think he will have so much more value than Namor in future content, with the horseman ability and utility.
    I see... He is a pretty amazing champ. I used him for a decent amount in act 7. The reflection ability on Namor is mainly what is holding ne back. And that prestige😍
  • Options

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

No go apoc IMO

I see... He is a pretty amazing champ. I used him for a decent amount in act 7. The reflection ability on Namor is mainly what is holding ne back. And that prestige😍
    Yeah, but Apoc is usable immediately where Namor’s main use could take months to get, maybe even long enough to get a second mutant t5cc.

Don’t hate me, but I never understood the prestige aspect of the game. I know it benefits the alliance, but why is sacrificing enjoyment or utility for a couple hundred points so important? (Just curious, as I have never found a real answer to it)
  • Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    @Masterpuff do namor, dont do this to me :'(
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    NAMORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I love Apocalypse and I would insta r3 but Namor is better for your account

Also r2 that Cable, mans looking lonely at r1
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Moot4Life said:

Apocalypse doesn't even know who Namor is

Apocalypse is obviously the best option, but Puff wants prestige so Namor is the smart decision unless he gets Apocalypse awakened
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

Havok.

Pretty much the reason im asking right there. However, I have a 4/55 sig 120 Havok 5*, should i r5 him instead?
    Rank 3 the 6* havok, my dude.

Apocalypse can fulfill his horseman imbuing duties at any rank, plus he kills himself with recoil at play.
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Hes low sig, not gonna benefit you in any current content besides AQ, which you do not currently need, Id go with Apoc.
  • Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★

Moot4Life said:

Apocalypse doesn't even know who Namor is

Apocalypse is obviously the best option, but Puff wants prestige so Namor is the smart decision unless he gets Apocalypse awakened
    i agree... namor is too high level for apocalypse for him to know
  • Options
    @Crcrcrc i need the prestige since i plan on moving to 7x5 epic mods.
  • Options
    10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    As someone with a 6* R3 Apocalypse, I'd say go him. He is not only amazing, but so fun to play too.
  • Options
    I think ill be waiting. I dont want to take Apoc up unduped because honestly i cant use him. He kills himself too quickly with recoil, plus i would use horsemen way more than him. Namor makes sense given his low sig, and I am not a huge havok fan, but he is amazing. Gonna take some serious thought.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Ignore.(double post)
  • Options
    Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Havok.

Rank 3 the 6* havok, my dude.

Apocalypse can fulfill his horseman imbuing duties at any rank, plus he kills himself with recoil at play.
    @Rockypantherx disagrees
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Even if you had the sigs , Namor is just too niche of a champion to blow something thats still so valuable of a resource in the game. Besides, you’re likely to dupe that Omega before then, which is 1000000* more worthy of sig stones, and if not it’d still be better to invest them in someone else like Beardo
  • Options
    GagoH said:

Even if you had the sigs , Namor is just too niche of a champion to blow something thats still so valuable of a resource in the game. Besides, you’re likely to dupe that Omega before then, which is 1000000* more worthy of sig stones, and if not it’d still be better to invest them in someone else like Beardo

Many say that, but i find the ability very valuable. Especially with suicides— free healing. Of course Omega will be better. But that could take months. Or more— and thats just a dupe. Id need to pull, and awaken Beardo. Which is very unlikely. Plus Omega is okay at r5, of course i would LOVE a r3, but with the champs people are mentioning, Namor, Havok, and Apoc are not r5s yet.
  • Options
    The question isnt really about the sigs, im giving him class sigs either way, but mostly just a rank up inquiry that seems to be pointing to wait for now.
  • Options
    SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    I'd honestly say r3 cable since you have Apocalypse. More valuable than a r3 unduped Apoc and a low sig Namor. (Not to mention he'd be key for his synergy with Apocalypse)