**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should I just do it?

AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
edited December 2020 in Strategy and Tips
I am very close to a skill t5cc. Should I r3 my duped kingpin if I get there?

After over 30 6* crystals I’ve had one r3 worthy champ which is warlock, but I only have 31% of a tech t5cc, and I really want to become thronebreaker (pretty desperate at this point).

I am aware the kingpin buff could be trash, and I doubt he’ll be super good, but should I go with the risk for TB? I actually enjoy KP with sinister, and think he’s slightly underrated.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    FancysonFancyson Posts: 75
    I don't recommend it. I had faith in kabam that the daredevil buff would be somewhat useful, took him to r5 and used an ag. Now I cant even use him because I have suicides.
    That being said, just having the throne breaker title might not be a bad payoff.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    I’d wait and see what the buff looks like before then. In that time you might pull a better skill champion.
  • Options
    Gr8TonyStarkGr8TonyStark Posts: 861 ★★★

I’d wait and see what the buff looks like before then. In that time you might pull a better skill champion.

U should wait but if u really wanna do it, dont do it. He is ****
  • Options
    Appreciate the responses.

The thing is... kingpin actually has solid utility already, and if they’re buffing that utility AND adding more abilities onto that, it really has potential to be better than DD at least.

The other thing is that there are literally 2 skill champs in the game that I’d take to r3, both of which need awakening (which I can’t do) and one should have high sig. it just seems impractical to wait that long.
  • Options
    Barani7daBarani7da Posts: 663 ★★
    U just wait for the buff of KP if it is worthy then u can go with him,until save resources.
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    Don’t listen to the haters with the DD buff... the other buffs have been great, and as you said, he already has decent utility.

I would still wait until we see some notes or beta first, but I think it will be worth it
  • Options
    Some actually helpful responses. Thanks.

I still need to think about it a bit. I have resources like t5 basics in overflow, which is tempting me even more.

On a side, can anyone predict when the buff notes will be revealed. I assume end of Jan?
  • Options
    GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    is say wait for kingpin buff and try to open more 6* crystals u might just get a NF
  • Options
    BarryMcCaulkinerBarryMcCaulkiner Posts: 178 ★★
    Kingpin is my favorite champ to use in arena if that helps lol. Heavies all day!
  • Options
    Gardener said:

is say wait for kingpin buff and try to open more 6* crystals u might just get a NF

But again, even if I do get him, I’d still need to awaken him, which could take till like feb 2022.
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    If the Thronebreaker rewards are worth it for you then do it. Otherwise wait for a better champion
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★

I’d do this. The buff notes should be out in mid to late January. If he looks good you could r3 him then. Or to be safe you could wait until his buff is live in the game which will be feb 3rd.
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,206 ★★★★★
    Kingpin is actually decent as he is atm. Id rank him up
  • Options
    EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    Wait till either we know more about the buff or you pull a better skill.

You are correct when you say that NF and Aegon are the the only R3 worthy skill champs, and that they both need awakening, but I would say that these two even unawakened are still better than King, specially NF. Also there are other Skill champs that are decent enough unawakened so as to consider them for R3 over Kingpin, for example: Killmonger, Hit Monkey, Stealthy and Falcon... maybe even Ronin and BWDO. So there you have it, there are at least 6 ( maybe 8) other skill champs that AS IT STANDS NOW are better choice for R3 than Kingpin.

Just wait Bro. Thronebreaker really willnpay off more by July sales, before that the rewards are good but bot good enough so as to warrant R3 Kingpin without knowing how his buff will look like.

Hope it helps.
  • Options

You are correct when you say that NF and Aegon are the the only R3 worthy skill champs, and that they both need awakening, but I would say that these two even unawakened are still better than King, specially NF. Also there are other Skill champs that are decent enough unawakened so as to consider them for R3 over Kingpin, for example: Killmonger, Hit Monkey, Stealthy and Falcon... maybe even Ronin and BWDO. So there you have it, there are at least 6 ( maybe 8) other skill champs that AS IT STANDS NOW are better choice for R3 than Kingpin.

Just wait Bro. Thronebreaker really willnpay off more by July sales, before that the rewards are good but bot good enough so as to warrant R3 Kingpin without knowing how his buff will look like.

Hope it helps.

It does help. Thanks.

Personally, I would take up KP over most of the champs you mentioned (except nick), because I enjoy him more, and think he’s decent, but I know what you mean.

Appreciate the feedback tho. If I wasn’t wanting to be TB so bad I’d wait 100% and wouldn’t need to make a post like this lol.
  • Options
    FancysonFancyson Posts: 75

Hope it helps.

It does help. Thanks.

Personally, I would take up KP over most of the champs you mentioned (except nick), because I enjoy him more, and think he’s decent, but I know what you mean.

Appreciate the feedback tho. If I wasn’t wanting to be TB so bad I’d wait 100% and wouldn’t need to make a post like this lol.
    Now that I think about it, it may be worth it to just do it. Kabam is really trashing cav players and the christmas gift could be really generous for TB.
  • Options
    Fancyson said:

Hope it helps.

It does help. Thanks.

Now that I think about it, it may be worth it to just do it. Kabam is really trashing cav players and the christmas gift could be really generous for TB.
    That was exactly my thinking. Plus the fact he’s actually getting a buff soon tempts me. I fully understand why I some would say I shouldn’t, and I’m still on the fence.

As I say I don’t think kingpin will be super good. I hope he’s solid tho. He has a lot of potential.