**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Rebalancing within the Mystic and Mutant classes

Cosmic has done a pretty good job of putting Hyperion at the top since he is superman, after all, followed by Thor, Angela, etc. as you would expect. Science has Hulk and CA light years ahead of the Luke Cage and Spider Gwens of the world. But Mystic and Mutant are WAY off base.

Mutant - why is Iceman the god of this class? He is a gambit level mutant (who, like gambit, isn't able to use all his power). Storm is MUCH more powerful than iceman. Phoenix (who is cosmic) should be the most powerful of all, but she isn't even close.

Mystic - the most important mystic is Dr Strange, but he isn't even a top 5 mystic in this game anymore. Why is Magic more powerful than Dormammu? And why is Dr. Voodoo the most powerful mystic of all?

Comments

• Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    It’s not always about who hits harder lol
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Or who is more powerful in the comics/movies
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Or who is more powerful in the comics/movies

Yay multiple iterations of the same character
  • Options
    UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    Lol iceman is gambit level, plz share what you're on.
    I'd say AA is the top mutant champ even tho I love iceman the most, but AA has his immunity weakness, iceman has no weaknesses technically since he has has the same thing with almost every champs in the game like if your fighting a debuff immune champ, coldsnap won't activate to stop evade, but that's a weakness almost every champ in the game has. He's a almost a perfect mutant champ, only activates md in one way...his ice armor, the only way is if you have to take a sp3 or if you didn't evade in time and got slapped in the face.

Storm definitely beats iceman in damage, but she takes less hits and can't really fight bleed or poison nodes. Iceman is all around good, definitely god tier, but not the best. I'd say AA is the top mutant champ, he can counter any champ that isn't immune to bleed or poison, but if the enemy is bleed immune you're in for a long fight.
  • Options
    Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    Voodoo takes Stranges place.

Iceman is an alpha-level mutant. Agreed phoenix should be top, however, out of available, he is the second strongest.
  • Options
    UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    Iceman the omega level mutant. Yeah phoenix should be the best mutant tho lol ...or cosmic actually... reality warping powers if I remember correctly.
    And voodoo took strange's spot because kabam killed him, even if kabam made ds a lot better, voodoo's abilities would still be better. Rn voodoo is the best best mystic champ on attack, I'd say he's the best in the game if you don't count starlord's damage output.
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Phoenix should be stronger. I agree with the OP there. For an offensive burst champ she isn't that strong, and she is too much of a fragile snowflake to take into quests.
  • Options
    DoctorofEvilDoctorofEvil Posts: 217
    Emma Frost once took over Iceman's body and discovered that he could actually be much more powerful than he was, he just didn't know how to channel his power. This is very similar to what Gambit discovered. Hence the comparison. Iceman is considered a top "power potential" mutant, but that didn't materialize in most of the comics. He's light years ahead of beast, nightcrawler, etc., as far as power, but should be behind Storm and Phoenix even based solely on potential.

And AA I didn't complain about since he was after all "buffed" by Apocalypse....

The biggest neglect other than Phoenix is poor Magneto.......

And I've always found that the true "potential power" people like hope summers, Franklin Richards, etc., get to be rather tedious because they are always trying to channel their power......

• Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Ghost rider is bettee than voodoo. Magik and GR are the top 2 mystics champs.
  • Options
    WafflesalldayWafflesallday Posts: 189
    Since Iceman has begun to tap into his true power he's pretty much become and omega level mutant in the comics, Somewhere along the lines of Magneto and the Professor

Man Magneto really needs an upgrade
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    your entire post is so far off. all I can say is you're losing at the video game.
  • Options
    SlySlySlySly Posts: 352 ★★
    First of all, no. Just no.

Secondly, people here argue GR is better than Voodoo. Really? I mean really?!

Thirdly, you leave out Quake from science, end of discussion there.

Fourthly, Iceman is far from being god in mutatnt and it really depends what you base that off. Storm does more dmg but also takes way more. I would say if you were to argue who is god you have to consider there are more gods. I have almost all of them as 4* apart from Iceman, and they are by fary largest class, so:

Damage - AA. Taking down ROL WS in 100 hits says enough. And maybe X-23.
    Durability - Wolvie. AQ God that can handle anything.
    Control - Psylocke. If you know enough the enemy is at 0 power, speaks enough.
    All around: Cable.
    Defense - NC.
    Most fun: Storm.
    Meh: DP X-Force.
    Least fun: Magneto.
    Not important in any way whatsoever: White Magneto, Colosus ( now even less when thorns is gone ), OML, Cylopcses (fanboy hate incoming),

Overall - take a look at my avatar. Life steal, buff steal, power steal and most important of all: 70% debuff reduction. I rest my case. *grabs popcorn*
  • Options
    Poor Colossus and Magneto. My avatar has and will always be Colossus in order to bring forth a discussion on his role in this game (or lack thereof). Kabam has made him boring and terrible. Magneto also.
  • Options
    AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    Yeah that's not how any fighting games work. You can't balance around their actual strength in comics as most fights would just end in OHKOs
  • Options
    To Colossus and Magneto, they don't need to be their comic book levels, but they should at least be at the level of other champions in this game.
  • Options
    A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Iceman is an omega level mutant so yeah he deserves that spot. Magneto, on the other hand needs a buff since the dude literally ripped the adamantium out of wolverine.
  • Options
    CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    100% agree on Strange. Voodoo should not be more powerful. At the very least they should be on par with one another. The way things stand is completely out of whack. DS is pretty much a joke these days. I've been quite vocal about this one.

Hulk is finally where he needs to be and his rise to glory in the Contest gives me hope that others can still be fixed. Along with Winter Soldier, Magik, and Rhino, these are all good examples of where Kabam took a older, totally lame character and made them good - even fun to play.

Iceman is an omega level mutant. I'm fine with his power levels currently.

Hyperion should not be stronger than Thor. Thor could use a buff - maybe shock damage or shock immunity or reduced bleed time. Something. Thor is my favorite character and I maxed my 4* (sig and rank) regardless of the nerf but I do miss the old days. He used to be more fun to play. I found it very challenging to stack 3 armor breaks and do crazy damage especially since the AI is terrified of getting parried by him.

As far as Magento, I know he's lackluster these days but I still like playing him and find he still has some good utility BUT I do agree he needs a buff especially given his status in the Marvel universe. His bleed percentage needs to be higher and he should be able to (at least have a % chance) to evade metal bullets and swords.

Loki needs a buff. Not only is his buff steal bugged it doesn't steal enough things. Like why can't Loki steal Deadpool X's power gain?? Why is unstoppable now harder to steal? And why does stealing NC's evade buff do nothing?? He also is a master of illusion so he should have some kind of evade percentage.
  • Options
    CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    I will say that I think Phoenix is actually a good champ. If you know how to use her, she can do major damage with those furies. I do think she needs to be fixed however. When she is reborn she should be reborn with all debuffs removed. It's very easy to defeat her sig by placing a heavy bleed on her. She's reborn. She dies. Laughable.
  • Options
    csexton00csexton00 Posts: 131
    Voodoo takes Stranges place.

Iceman is an alpha-level mutant. Agreed phoenix should be top, however, out of available, he is the second strongest.

Iceman is actually an Omega Level mutant, but I agree with everything you said.
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    Obviously you aren't that familiar with the comic versions of these characters but putting that aside comic book abilities have no impact on the effectiveness of certain champions. Mcoc takes place in a separate universe where character abilities and strength levels are different. If we balanced champions with your logic hulk would one shot most champions, vision would one shot rocket raccoon etc.