**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Tech to r5? Awaken? Roster pic included

Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 507 ★★★
I don’t think many great techs are left aside from ghost, warlock and g2099. I have 2 AG and a r5 gem from v6(only class I didn’t want). Thoughts on gem usage and rank ups. I’m in 6.3 trying to get TB soon.

Comments

• Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    R5 Guardian for sure, use the AG on Starky or Sentinel imo.
  • Options
    EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    R5 that Guardian man! And if you have sigs then sig him up as much as you can!!!!

Highest block proficiency in the entire game. Highest energy resistance in the entire game. Awesome Synergy that raises block proficiency of the entire team ( he alone can turn Cull Obsidian into an actually viable champ). Arguably the single best Havok counter in the entire game. Infinite damage ramp up potential, as his force fields can be charged ad infinitum and then turn them into a pretty mean beyond godlike sp2! His damage potential is right up there in the same category as Red Mags against metal champs.

Second choice would be a toss up for me between Hulkbuster and Sentinel. I prefer Sentinel and he has the advantage that you can awaken him and he only needs one single sig. You can't go wrong with Hulkbuster either though, but he does benefit of hig sig, more so than Sentinel.

But defo dont sleep on that Guardian man.
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Rank 5 guardian. He’s definitely worth it.
  • Options
    edited December 2020

Arguably the single best Havok counter in the entire game.

I agree with a lot of what you'd said and Guardian's incredible, but he's definitely not the best Havok counter imo. He can parry projectiles and has an armor up which is awesome, but he also loses a ton of his damage because of Havok's energy resistance and your not being able to throw a Sp2 with 3 or more force field charges without taking damage from plasma detonation. I'd definitely rather bring in a Warlock to keep his power under control, or a Colossus for crumbling armor, or Ghost with Hood for some sort of nullify node, etc.
  • Options
    EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    Etjama said:

I agree with a lot of what you'd said and Guardian's incredible, but he's definitely not the best Havok counter imo. He can parry projectiles and has an armor up which is awesome, but he also loses a ton of his damage because of Havok's energy resistance and your not being able to throw a Sp2 with 3 or more force field charges without taking damage from plasma detonation. I'd definitely rather bring in a Warlock to keep his power under control, or a Colossus for crumbling armor, or Ghost with Hood for some sort of nullify node, etc.
    Ok, I stand corrected then.

Still, OP, Guardian is definitely R5 worthy.
  • Options

Etjama said:

Ok, I stand corrected then.

Still, OP, Guardian is definitely R5 worthy.
    For sure. Still trying to pull one above a 3* myself. The dude's awesome.
  • Options
    Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 507 ★★★
    You all were correct. Guardian at rank five is unstoppable
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

@Etjama Guardian had a temporary armor buff on his heavy attack. You can throw his heavy before the SP 2 and the permanent one will remain. Its a portion of his abilities that a lot of people seem to overlook. He's my new favorite counter to Havok, plus he can also parry his specials and get free perfect block and power gain. Compared to warlock and G99, he actually gets health from willpower.
  • Options
    fenchchipsfenchchips Posts: 10
    edited December 2020
    My top 3 there would be starky, sentinel and guardian. Probably guardian. And also, if you don't want them, Og Vision is a good awaken and rank up option 😁
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

@Etjama Guardian had a temporary armor buff on his heavy attack. You can throw his heavy before the SP 2 and the permanent one will remain. Its a portion of his abilities that a lot of people seem to overlook. He's my new favorite counter to Havok, plus he can also parry his specials and get free perfect block and power gain. Compared to warlock and G99, he actually gets health from willpower.
    Ah, forgot about that heavy attack armor. He still loses a ton of damage due to Havok's energy resistance. Not a huge fan of Guardian vs. Havok.
  • Options
    DigletGamingDigletGaming Posts: 849 ★★★★
    Rank 5 that Guardian!
    And awaken sentinel and mysterio
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Ah, forgot about that heavy attack armor. He still loses a ton of damage due to Havok's energy resistance. Not a huge fan of Guardian vs. Havok.
    He doesn't lose a "ton" of damage, but either way he's the safest option against him cuz he counters all his abilities.