**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Can Kabam actually counter all the gifting scamming?

Now, I've never been scammed nor I will ever be scammed with this event, but whenever the gifting event comes around it's basically a begging and scamming fiesta in global chat. If you're an experienced player and still get scammed, then that's totally on you. But I do feel for the newer players who's experiencing this for the first time, and don't know any better. I mean, as long as there are players who're willing to get scammed, there will be scammers, not to mention scammers are getting smarter with their tactics. We all know the report button doesn't do anything either so...is there something that Kabam can ACTUALLY do to counter all the scamming?

Comments

• Options
    Clarkkent76Clarkkent76 Posts: 282
    Moderate Global chat properly, or if they can't do that just close it. It's a disgrace in there all the time, but during gifting it's a sewer.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★
    No it not called a trade event it call gifts event so not wrong to gift somone. The problem is globa just in gift you a GGC and don’t giv no wrong it it. If it was a trade event it had ben wrong
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    People just shouldn’t trade on global, at most they should send out a mail saying only trade with trusted people, but it’s just common sense to not trade on global
  • Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,598 ★★★★
    Why should anyone trust strangers in global chat? I can't understand...
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★

Now, I've never been scammed nor I will ever be scammed with this event, but whenever the gifting event comes around it's basically a begging and scamming fiesta in global chat. If you're an experienced player and still get scammed, then that's totally on you. But I do feel for the newer players who's experiencing this for the first time, and don't know any better. I mean, as long as there are players who're willing to get scammed, there will be scammers, not to mention scammers are getting smarter with their tactics. We all know the report button doesn't do anything either so...is there something that Kabam can ACTUALLY do to counter all the scamming?

You aren't contractually obligated to send a gift back. That's why you don't gift with people from global that you don't know and trust.