**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

An idea about hybrid class champs....

Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
This has been discussed a lot on youtube streams lately, thought id bring it here....

Why not have champs that have 2 classes of advantage / disadvantage? It would end all the bickering and complaining about certain champs currently in game, and in the future...

Here a few examples of champs that could fit into multiple classes already in the game (feel free to add more)

Falcon ... Tech / Skill
Rocket.... Tech / Cosmic / Science
GG.... Tech / Science
Doc Oc ... Tech / Science
Av.... Skill / Cosmic
Quake... Skill / Cosmic (should NOT be in science lol)
Deadpool... Mutant / Skill
Phoenix... Mutant / Cosmic
Yondu... Cosmic / Mystic (his arrow is like a sword not a tech device)
Loki... Mystic / Cosmic
Stark Spidey.... Tech / Science
Cable... Mutant / Tech
Nebula... Tech / Cosmic
Punisher (both)... Tech / Skill
Magik... Mystic / Mutant
Superior IM... Cosmic / Tech
Yellow Jacket ... Tech / Science
Antman... Tech / Science
SW... Mutant / Mystic
Hawkeye ... Tech / Skill

Comments

• Options
    H3LLSHOW247H3LLSHOW247 Posts: 151
    Yh I was thinking this sort of thing too, some characters have more than one element to them. Similar to MKX Mobile some characters would half and half of a class type.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,788 ★★★★★
    Maybe this thread could go one Suggestion section?

Anyway, if I remember correctly, Karnak requires two different class catalyst for rank up although he is classed as skill.

OP's idea may come true.
  • Options
    anyone else have thoughts on this?
  • Options
    SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    They would still have to put them into a class, like Karnak
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I like the idea. Each class could be a half boost instead of a 100% advantage like the "pure" class champs.

How would that work if the opponent provided both a class advantage and disadvantage though? For example, if a champ is Skill/Tech, how would they be boosted against Mutant? Would it cancel out to be no advantage?

Or even more complex, how about a hybrid vs another hybrid? Falcon (Skill/Tech) vs Phoenix (Mutant/Cosmic)? Phoenix would have 2 advantages and 1 disadvantage (vice-versa for Falcon).
  • Options
    I like the idea of some champs having 2 classes not just needing two classes of rank material.
  • Options
    Svain wrote: »
    They would still have to put them into a class, like Karnak

The point is they would be in both classes (or more?).. with both the advantage and disadvantages of both.
  • Options
    I like the idea of some champs having 2 classes not just needing two classes of rank material.

It would probably be a hybrid like Karnak (i'd assume)
  • Options
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    I like the idea. Each class could be a half boost instead of a 100% advantage like the "pure" class champs.

How would that work if the opponent provided both a class advantage and disadvantage though? For example, if a champ is Skill/Tech, how would they be boosted against Mutant? Would it cancel out to be no advantage?

Or even more complex, how about a hybrid vs another hybrid? Falcon (Skill/Tech) vs Phoenix (Mutant/Cosmic)? Phoenix would have 2 advantages and 1 disadvantage (vice-versa for Falcon).

It would be the advantage / disadvantage or either class against the opponent.. if it's somehow both at the same time.. they would just nullify.