**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

So...I actually like playing Air-Walker

ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
Trust me, I am not saying I found a perfect rotation or anything like that, and I know that not a lot of people are fans of the kit

I am also not saying I would take the kit higher than 3/45, anything like that

It’s basically the thread title — I just understand how the character works and enjoy playing it

We all have characters like that, right? Ones that you know aren’t the favored characters in the game but you just are comfortable playing them?

I doubt I will use it for anything more than Uncollected lane clearing and I totally understand why people would want Air-Walker to have more things they want to see. Not disputing those things. Just saying that I do think the kit is fun to play

Comments

• Options
    I had not seen that thread! LOLOL
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    He should be a good defender.... does anyone use him on AW defense?
  • Options
    KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,089 ★★★★
    Well thank God my fav champ is sunspot. But there is a lot of YouTuber who devalues him and it does make me sad a bit. But seatin always keeps me going. It's really surprising how much committed he is to his fav champ. Sunspot is going to r5 soon. I am trying to decide between him and corvus since r5 helps corvus much more than sunspot.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Immortal Hulk is the champ I love playing. He is already one of the best though.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Out of curiosity, how do you play him? My 6* is pretty useless
  • Options
    KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,089 ★★★★

If u run suicides do corvus, if not just dont do him

I don't use suicides
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★
    My guilty pleasure is taskmaster with LOW sig. #doyou
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    he’s fun. only part I hate about him is the fact you can’t use the sp3 at the start
  • Options

Out of curiosity, how do you play him? My 6* is pretty useless

No idea if this is what Kabam intended, but for whatever reason, I play him like I am on a Bane node or facing an Evade character: short combos, no more than three

I do that so I can maintain control of the pace with Parry/Intercept, then activate the Power Gain to go over a bar of power so the Special is Unblockable

Again: I am NOT saying there's huge damage there that's hidden. Absolutely not saying that at all

But. But

I do think it's fun popping those Armor Breaks and Dark Tide on, and then when you do win those two fights and you've got the Power of Galactus, I mean, it's pretty fun at roughly the Uncollected level of health pools

I haven't tried it against longer fights than that, and probably won't -- only so much time in the day, right? But at the same time, I think the only way to stay engaged with the game after all this time is to make sure you don't always use the same characters all the time
  • Options
    Bugmat78 said:

My guilty pleasure is taskmaster with LOW sig. #doyou

I freaking love that kit
  • Options
    ESF said:

It makes me sad that people have to start with a preamble when they say they like a Champ. Lol. If you like them, like them. To hell with Lists.

Absolutely -- you are correct, here

I mean, it's ridiculous. I still remember when I posted about Silver Surfer, including a good rotation and ways the character would be effective, and some folks were genuinely outraged

I get that some releases aren't always what people want but sometimes these boards are nuts. Not every kit is great but they aren't all horrible if they're not Doctor Doom
    Yeah, I remember that one person I will not mention who said something along the lines of “if you like this kit you aren’t a real fan of silver surfer”

ridiculous
  • Options
    Giodood_1Giodood_1 Posts: 388 ★★★
    and i actually like to play taskmaster too
  • Options
    TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    100% absolutely agree. I have a 5*R5 Air-Walker because I love the animations and I do enjoy his playstyle. Timing a heavy mid-combo to push him over a bar of power and instantly launch an unblockable special makes me feel good inside.

That said, the first fight is absolutely brutal in higher health pool fights. I think he's a champ who could be something great with a simple value tune-up.
  • Options
    Giodood_1 said:

and i actually like to play taskmaster too

I knew I wasn't the only one with a 5/65 of that guy! I hope there are a lot of us
  • Options

100% absolutely agree. I have a 5*R5 Air-Walker because I love the animations and I do enjoy his playstyle. Timing a heavy mid-combo to push him over a bar of power and instantly launch an unblockable special makes me feel good inside.

That said, the first fight is absolutely brutal in higher health pool fights. I think he's a champ who could be something great with a simple value tune-up.

Yeah. I try to be positive about these things when I can, but there's no way around how brutal the first fight is right now

Congratulations on the 5/65, though -- I bet it's pretty fun
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    My champ is immortal hulk, I want him to be so good, but he is just not.

My second champ is : Domino I have her 3/45 6*

My third champ is : P99, just doesn’t feel like I can get him there.

Air walker seems cool
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    Okay so I must bring out scientific proof that Air-Walker is above everyone else.

Dare I say he's the one above all
  • Options

Okay so I must bring out scientific proof that Air-Walker is above everyone else.

but what about those in space
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★

but what about those in space
    if they can't space or moonwalk on space like michael jackson then they don't count
  • Options
    slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Ngl, have him as 6* and he's really fun to play, the first 2 fights he's a noodles but after gettting galactic buff from sp3, he do some nice damage, regen but it's too short
  • Options
    EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    My guilty pleasures are:

Mr Fantastic: I just love his colorful specials, his animations and putting lotsa buffs on the enemy. I completely understand he's not great ( I dont even have Invisible Woman for his synergy) but I wouldn't hesitate to R4 or even R5 him if I had the spare resources for it.

Emma Frost: I know she's actually pretty good, but for example I ranked her up instead of doing Sunspot and Gambit. I love her immunities and her tankiness when in diamond form. Also, with enough prowesses her specials can hit damn hard too.