**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Act 5.4 Ultron Boss

dangarang122dangarang122 Posts: 414 ★★★
edited December 2020 in Strategy and Tips
So, I'm just a couple of quests away from the 5.4.6 quest, and I was wondering which champion would be best for that fight. I have 5 star Loki at rank 2 to go up against him; but other than that, could havok or maybe sunspot do it? Havok for his massive sp3 damage and sunspot for the massive sp2. I am planning on going in with a team of Starky, NF, HT, Gwenpool and Loki. Loki for the boss and the other champs for the paths. Would Havok or Sunspot fit in anywhere in this team as backup for the boss and who should I replace them with, or can Loki do it with ideally a couple of revives? Thanks in advance guys!
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    Stark, ht and spot would all be rough for that ultron. Any debuff triggers his ability taunt, and incenerate on normal hits can easily get you sp3 in the face. Tbh loki with Thor rag syn makes him pretty easy. 1st time you'll probably get smacked but gets real easy after you practice a little.

Thor rag isn't truly required just makes him easier.

Medusa is a great counter to him as well.

Really if you run the team your thinking of fury would be good. Get those tactical charges up to unblockable then try not to get anymore. Attack his block would be your opening and he can't evade and since ultron is bleed immune no debuffs to convert. Way longer than loki but is an option.
  • dangarang122dangarang122 Posts: 414 ★★★

Stark, ht and spot would all be rough for that ultron. Any debuff triggers his ability taunt, and incenerate on normal hits can easily get you sp3 in the face. Tbh loki with Thor rag syn makes him pretty easy. 1st time you'll probably get smacked but gets real easy after you practice a little.

Thor rag isn't truly required just makes him easier.

Medusa is a great counter to him as well.

Really if you run the team your thinking of fury would be good. Get those tactical charges up to unblockable then try not to get anymore. Attack his block would be your opening and he can't evade and since ultron is bleed immune no debuffs to convert. Way longer than loki but is an option.

@ccrider474 thanks for your response....yeah, I was never going to use starky or torch for the ultron boss; they were there for the path fights. If not sunspot; would havok be a better substitute or would his plasma also mess up the fight? Or, is my current setup alright? Thanks again!
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Idk about Havok either, his plasma debuff might apply while ultron has a grey power gain and it's game over.

Do you have a nebula?
    Otherwise I agree that fury (other than loki) might be your best bet. Just watch when you parry if you do.
    I haven't tried havok but I would assume that plasma debuff would get you killed.

Your current team is good. You just need to play slow and steady with Loki till sp3. Once there it's yours parry heavy to victory. I play it safe. Hold sp till 3. Keep it there incised curse drops off. Easy reapply.
  • Destroyer123Destroyer123 Posts: 368 ★★
    The biggest thing is don’t use debuffs havok wouldn’t work well imo just test him as a stun immune ultron fight and roll no parries and he’s pretty easy
  • dangarang122dangarang122 Posts: 414 ★★★

I haven't tried havok but I would assume that plasma debuff would get you killed.

Your current team is good. You just need to play slow and steady with Loki till sp3. Once there it's yours parry heavy to victory. I play it safe. Hold sp till 3. Keep it there incised curse drops off. Easy reapply.

@ccrider474 if I go with Loki wont it be more logical to do a sp1 and steal his power gain and then race to a sp3?

@ccrider474 if I go with Loki wont it be more logical to do a sp1 and steal his power gain and then race to a sp3?
    Yes but that is also a risk. As you don't steal it till animation ends. Pending where ultron is in his power he can get sp3 before you steal it. Doable, but I like doing the safety route. Hence the thor rag synergy as that makes Loki ascension got to sp2 so not as much work to get to first sp3.
  • Dragfire1760Dragfire1760 Posts: 149
    One thing I'd say for the Ultron, is if you have a 3* magneto you could take him on with that boosted. I personally used my 5* r3 Quake, but I've also seen people finish it with Venom the Duck. If you can control not parrying Ultron, Stark Spidey with his L2 would be good since it deals double damage to robots. I've never done the fight with loki, but I'm not a big fan of the character so you might want to watch a few videos on him. As for Havok or Sunspot, you could bring them for the fights before the boss, but they'd be pretty much worthless against him, since sunspot relies a lot on heavies and havok would have class disadvantage and Ultron has Armor ups, so no plasma detonation damage
  • Legendboy2411Legendboy2411 Posts: 107 ★★
    Medusa, quake and ghost works really well
  • CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 945 ★★★

So, I'm just a couple of quests away from the 5.4.6 quest, and I was wondering which champion would be best for that fight. I have 5 star Loki at rank 2 to go up against him; but other than that, could havok or maybe sunspot do it? Havok for his massive sp3 damage and sunspot for the massive sp2. I am planning on going in with a team of Starky, NF, HT, Gwenpool and Loki. Loki for the boss and the other champs for the paths. Would Havok or Sunspot fit in anywhere in this team as backup for the boss and who should I replace them with, or can Loki do it with ideally a couple of revives? Thanks in advance guys!

I used Dr. Voodoo for Resistance Path...Full Lane cleared without losing Health.....
    For Boss, I had 6 Star CMM ready with 25 Charges (Thanks to Spidey & Synergy with Fury)
    Took almost 75% of him.... His SP2 was insane... Took Block Damage & died....Then used Ghost Rider & cleared that......
    This was 2 months ago.......Now I am a Cavalier
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    do you have magneto? A three star can do this fight with enough practice
  • Vision Arkus Is Best Counter for Him...
    Evade counter and Shut down him also...
    I completed recently and Used Vision..
    1SP3 and U cheez Ultron
  • TalharajpootTalharajpoot Posts: 381 ★★
    Human torch nova frame is best as it is not a debuff and work for me insane also reverse ultron regeneration
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    too easy for medusa, just spam sp3
  • jaysavagejaysavage Posts: 348 ★★
    For me Claire was MVP. I just kept nullifying his buffs whenever I parried or applied a debuff.
  • raviXsharmaraviXsharma Posts: 516 ★★★
    Honestly 4* Medusa maxed was all u needed. Probably your best bet. Sp1 and SP3 repeatedly
  • IronFisterIronFister Posts: 46
    You got magneto? I soloed him with a 4* magneto
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Intercept is your friend, with that any champ that doesn’t place debuffs can be used.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    I practically soloed with a 4* Void and then later with CAIW with only parries
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Havok will not work because ultron has an armor up buff. Loki is the best option out of the people you’ve listed. Sunspot won’t work because all the debuffs he has.