**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Sunspot vs Red Hulk bug

Sunspot is currently bugged against red hulk. Sunspot should be regaining his solar charges as red hulk shrugs them off, but his solar charges are just going down. This video is against the red hulk boss in book 2 act 1 chapter 1 quest 3. I’ve fought this matchup many times before and sunspot has always recovered his solar charges until this time.

https://youtu.be/WkcZ85iv1AQ

Comments

• TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    So Red Hulk is different. Normally, if a champion was "immune" to a debuff, they just wouldn't be able to receive it. With red hulk, he gets the incinerate debuff, but then purifies it in about 0.1 seconds. So he still receives the debuff, but he just purifies it very quickly.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

So Red Hulk is different. Normally, if a champion was "immune" to a debuff, they just wouldn't be able to receive it. With red hulk, he gets the incinerate debuff, but then purifies it in about 0.1 seconds. So he still receives the debuff, but he just purifies it very quickly.

This is just what I've read from both of their abilities. I don't have either of these champs so I'm not an expert on them, so please correct me if I read something wrong
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,939 ★★★★★
    From what I've seen with Red Hulk's interaction with Apoc and Sunspot, his ability isn't counted as a purify, but as a debuff removal. Apoc gives -100% purify chance, and Red Hulk bypasses that, so I wouldn't be surprised.
  • Huskers327Huskers327 Posts: 105

This is just what I've read from both of their abilities. I don't have either of these champs so I'm not an expert on them, so please correct me if I read something wrong
    You are correct. It is the fact that red hulk receives the debuff then purifies them that allows for sunspot to sustain his charges.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    They changed it with the last update. Red Hulk no longer "Purifies", he instead removes the debuff and says that he is "Immune" to that effect. This was due to an interaction with Apoc where Red Hulk would ignore the Purify chance reduction.
    Crcrcrc said:

From what I've seen with Red Hulk's interaction with Apoc and Sunspot, his ability isn't counted as a purify, but as a debuff removal. Apoc gives -100% purify chance, and Red Hulk bypasses that, so I wouldn't be surprised.

I believe apoc actually gives -100% tenacity ability accuracy. I’m not sure if tenacity is coded differently than purify or not. My guess is that purify is not affected by ability accuracy, but that is just a guess. I think I’ve tried to reduce red hulk’s ability accuracy with archangel’s sp3 (100% chance to apply a neurotoxin) to see if I could add additional neurotoxins normally, but it didn’t work.

I can say for certain that this interaction with sunspot changed very recently as I used sunspot for that red hulk boss when I did my initial clear shortly after book 2 was released.

They changed it with the last update. Red Hulk no longer "Purifies", he instead removes the debuff and says that he is "Immune" to that effect. This was due to an interaction with Apoc where Red Hulk would ignore the Purify chance reduction.

Classic Kabam. “Fix” one thing, screw something else up.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,939 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

I believe apoc actually gives -100% tenacity ability accuracy. I’m not sure if tenacity is coded differently than purify or not. My guess is that purify is not affected by ability accuracy, but that is just a guess. I think I’ve tried to reduce red hulk’s ability accuracy with archangel’s sp3 (100% chance to apply a neurotoxin) to see if I could add additional neurotoxins normally, but it didn’t work.

I can say for certain that this interaction with sunspot changed very recently as I used sunspot for that red hulk boss when I did my initial clear shortly after book 2 was released.
    No, it says purify. Check the abilities.

Crcrcrc said:

Looking back at it, I think that I used sunspot for that red hulk in beta and used someone else on the live server but brought sunspot as a backup. I didn’t end up using sunspot so I didn’t notice this interaction then.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

Looking back at it, I think that I used sunspot for that red hulk in beta and used someone else on the live server but brought sunspot as a backup. I didn’t end up using sunspot so I didn’t notice this interaction then.
    Yeah, I tried using Sunspot and failed miserably.
  • ImGodMFImGodMF Posts: 459 ★★★
    I'm going to suggest something that doesn't look like it's been addressed yet.

Could it be the defensive ability reduction from that node?

Sometimes weird things happen, Falcon can apply an incinerate on Red Hulk that sticks when locked on via s3, just an example.
    HI_guys said:

KOSLORD said:

Classic Kabam. “Fix” one thing, screw something else up.
    More like fix one thing, don't bother to test other stuff. Just release it.
    No need to test it's intended
    Well until they changed red hulk’s text from “purify” to “remove”, it seemed like the old interaction was intended. So how do you know the current interaction is actually intended rather than how it was working until the change?