**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should players be given the option of selling 5* champions for 6* shards?

Should players be given the option of selling 5* champions for 6* shards? 70 votes

Yes
21% 15 votes
No
71% 50 votes
Maybe
7% 5 votes

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★
    Never ever
  • Personally, I think we should. I’m stuck with a 5* Venom and I have a 6* Venom (the only 6* champion I have because without finishing Act 5 Chapter 2, 6* shards are impossible to get.
  • Luke9523Luke9523 Posts: 906 ★★★
    Yes, I 100,% think we, as the players, should have the option to sell our 5* or even 6* champs if we wanted to. If we can sell our 4*s, why not 5*s too?? They are our champions after all.

However, if you do actually sell any of your champs, you're a fool. You should never sell champs, regardless of their star, rank or level. It is just not worth it.
  • FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
    Selling champions is a real "marshmallow problem". Yes you can get a handful of shards now and maybe complete a crystal. Or you can exercise a little patience, keep the champ, and get shards every time you dupe them.
  • Why keep the champions that are of no use or unwanted? I think that if you want to keep them it's up to the individual gamer. If nobody can explain why they should keep all champions then sell them.
  • RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    That would be terrible. You don't get stuff rare stuff out of it anyway.
  • The only people who would agree to this is people who rnt far into the game, like act 5 and below

Why????
  • Can anyone explain why we shouldn't sell any champions and I mean completely explain why? Not just , you shouldn't , please explain. I see no reason to keep all of the champions I win especially if they don't fit into my roster.
  • ImGodMFImGodMF Posts: 459 ★★★

Can anyone explain why we shouldn't sell any champions and I mean completely explain why? Not just , you shouldn't , please explain. I see no reason to keep all of the champions I win especially if they don't fit into my roster.

Easy. as we've seen time and time again, specific content is frequently released that requires a wide roster and as we've learnt from the amount of people who sold 1*s, it comes back to bite you when content requiring a 1* hulk comes out.

The game shouldn't allow selling at all, the option to sell 5*s was removed a while ago.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Can anyone explain why we shouldn't sell any champions and I mean completely explain why? Not just , you shouldn't , please explain. I see no reason to keep all of the champions I win especially if they don't fit into my roster.

1. Lower rarity champs are useful for synergies, and more importantly, there is literally content exclusive to lower tier champs, and since it was so popular, we can expect to see more. There are also special arenas and such that use low rarity champs

2. the benefit is just so minor. you get a tiny amount of shards and iso, but if you dupe them once you immediately get more than that, so it makes no sense
  • So far I have read just opinions on this. No real reasons why. I didn't say I wanted to sell 5*s for 6* shards I have my roster for my game play. As my username indicates I am playing this game for my amusement not to worry about other opinions. As a reminder this is a game isn't it?
  • GoDlyZorGoDlyZor Posts: 150

So far I have read just opinions on this. No real reasons why. I didn't say I wanted to sell 5*s for 6* shards I have my roster for my game play. As my username indicates I am playing this game for my amusement not to worry about other opinions. As a reminder this is a game isn't it?

You've had multiple people say why and not just give opinions yet you ignore them. Not that good of a troll, eh?

Giving you the benefit of the doubt. There is no limit on number of champs you can have so "don't fit into my roster." makes absolutely no sense. Selling a champion gives you shards, iso, and gold. Duping the champion once gives more iso than you get from selling it. The gold is insignificant. The shards can be tempting but you can also pull the exact same champion or worse.

So let's see.
    Objectively speaking...

Pros of selling:
    immediately acquire shards that may help gather enough for a crystal
    small amount of gold
    small amount of iso

Cons of selling:
    Losing out on future duplicates which would amount to more iso and some shards
    wastes resources put into champions (if any)
    makes you unable to do certain events or not as efficient as you could (1* arena,2* arena, 1* variant etc...)
    Champion you sell could be buffed and be the next god-tier

Neutral:
    lowers hero rating

All in all it's just not worth it.
  • AouxWouxAouxWoux Posts: 426 ★★★
    What if somebody gets access to my phone and sells all my 5 star champions? I would'nt want that.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

Personally, I think we should. I’m stuck with a 5* Venom and I have a 6* Venom (the only 6* champion I have because without finishing Act 5 Chapter 2, 6* shards are impossible to get.

You're insane. I got a R4 Venom and I would want to pull a 6* Venom. It is so handy you can have double copies of a champion. One can be used in AW, the other one for questing. Or both in the same quest, using one to clear the lane and save the other one for the boss.

If you become Uncollected, you will be grateful you couldn't sell your 5*.
  • I do appreciate all of the input from the game players. Maybe just set aside 1 day a month for "purging" for a member who would like to be able to sell unwanted champions, that is all I was saying