**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Anyone in Tier 4-6 Alliance War finding it hard to find players that want to play war?

New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
With mediocre prizes at seasons end and the amount of time and resources to spend, is anyone else in Tier 4 to 6 Alliance War finding it hard to find players that actually want to play war anymore?

Comments

• Options
    New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    no one else?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    We just stopped completely this Season. We're doing AQ now. It just feels like it's not worth the amount of energy and stress that goes into it, unless you're at the top. I think that was the goal, but it's unfortunate. Some of us loved War. It's just not worth it anymore.
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,110 ★★★★
    Yeah, we are down to 2 BGs tier 6, G2. War is really not worth it, we are literally doing it for the t2a at season end.

Outside of master and plat, it's the worst reward for effort in the game. And even for them, I doubt many find it worth it.
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,267 ★★★★★
    We do map 7 and tier 4 war. Focus is AQ though. We try to just play war to clear as best we can. It's only a few fights each section, faster to finish. We win about half or less than half and still maintain platinum 4, and we've had 29 for the last week. For that effort, the rewards aren't bad.
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,120 ★★★★★
    The rewards for Masters and maybe plat 1 seem very nice, but anything below that seems pretty lack luster imo. I understand the desire to reward top level competition, the problem is just that there's a lack of incentive to push to get there to begin with. As for my alliance, we haven't pushed war for several seasons at this point. If we do decide to return to competitive war, it will be strictly from an entertainment perspective and not for rewards. Cause they just aren't there. If we play war conservatively (itemless), we usually land Plat 4. If we were to play all out competitive, maybe plat 2-3. The incentive just isn't there regarding the rewards. Just would be for entertainment if we decide to do it.
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,120 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

We do itemless wars and get plat4/gold1. Run map 7 with epic modifiers. War is an absolute terrible investment vs map 7 unless you are plat1 or higher

That pretty much describes us as well. We are considering a return to competitive war, but only for fun. Rewards don't really factor into the equation unfortunately.
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    We just moved into tier 5. We are a 1 bg only optional ally and the increase in difficulty is not fun for meager gold 3 rewards. I don't know how, but we jumped up to gold and my like 1600 points last win with just 1 bg.

Seeing as the difficulty has ramped up, bit the rewards aren't all that much better, We're not gonna boost and use items/units at all.

We won today, but neither side took down a boss... We tried to explore and got close, but noted the other team was only going for a boss kill up the middle and still got stuck. We'll keep doing it, but it's not a good time and the rewards aren't great... Definitely not worth items and units in the long run at our level and hard enough to fill 1bg.