**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Community-Created Sandbox

For many progressing players, it can be a real pain to face a new node or boss that you have never seen before and sometimes waste countless energy and revives just learning how to fight against these specific encounters. I think it would be a fantastic implementation for the future and progression of the game to all some sort of sandbox for map-making that players could use themselves.
In this sandbox, players could select which champions they want on paths, at which levels and with whichever nodes they want. At launch, this could simply be a way for players to replicate future encounters and prepare for AQ, AW, and quest nodes and try out different champions before using them in actual content.
Just one example would be someone who just got what is believed to be a mediocre champion, but they like the character and want to see how they would perform under high-pressure situations. If this character is a brand new 5 star, the map maker could format their encounters to have reasonable PI, health, and attack while also having all the endgame nodes the character would need to deal with at rank 5.
One of the best things about MCOC is the community, and this would help bring it together even more. In the future, this could turn into a system where a player can create an entire path that they must fight, and even give an invite code to friends an alliance members to practice their fights or take on their custom challenges. Map makers could even limit the number of revives an entering attacker can use.
There wouldn't need to be any rewards or energy costs for this content, and going forward players could do things such as:
- vote for featured maps (vetted by Kabam, with certain restrictions like defender PI/health pools) to be a part of event quests or side quests
- with kabam's oversight, add rewards to different maps based on difficulty, and have something like a weekly or bi-weekly competition

I'd love to hear what other community members think or would want to add to this idea, and maybe with some notice we could get Kabam to introduce a sandbox mode where players can create their encounters and share them with the community, all in the name of friendly competition and improvement.

Comments

• Dude_ZeroDude_Zero Posts: 73
    I do like the idea and have made this argument in the past. It could be called the Danger Room (of x-men fame.)

After reading your post, I see a potential issue with selecting node buffs. Perhaps one could select a set of nodes instead of picking and choosing, like the standard set of nodes for the war boss node. Also, I would point out that there’s no substitute for reading about the node buffs before starting the fight.
  • Luke9523Luke9523 Posts: 906 ★★★
    I'll start by saying I think the idea of a sandbox is awesome. The ability to fight against champions that you particularly struggle with, and even add some of the nodes you may have difficulty with, will really help players to overcome some of the more awkward fights they may be struggling with. But it only has to be simple. Somewhere a player can go to have a 1 v 1 customisable fight. Or maybe even make a customizable path of a few fights.
    However, I think you derail slightly with talk of making invite codes, turning it into side quests/competitions and adding rewards. It just needs to be a place to practise fighting against champions you have difficulty fighting.