**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Has anyone been using red magneto vs dragon man in war?

GarrettNGarrettN Posts: 1,092 ★★★★★
We’ve had an alliance member mention that they tried using magneto vs DM and they said they just started instantly degenerating down to nothing. As it’s known, DM causes degen when armor break is applied and magneto can do that with his specials but they claimed it was just right out of the gate. He had an Archangel on his team so he had the attached synergy. I haven’t personally experienced this so I’m just trying to piece this together. Has anyone had any experience with this that they could share?

Comments

• Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    He is either lying or very unlucky

Or maybe it’s a node but I don’t think there is a node like that
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,368 ★★★★★
    Faseeh said:

GarrettN said:

We’ve had an alliance member mention that they tried using magneto vs DM and they said they just started instantly degenerating down to nothing. As it’s known, DM causes degen when armor break is applied and magneto can do that with his specials but they claimed it was just right out of the gate. He had an Archangel on his team so he had the attached synergy. I haven’t personally experienced this so I’m just trying to piece this together. Has anyone had any experience with this that they could share?

Maybe the opponent had suicides so when Dragon man triggered bleed, it got registered as armor break? Idk if it’s supposed to work that way.
    Thats exactly how it works. If a metal champ is immune to bleed place an armor break instead. This applies to suicides too
    Yep - Carnage does the same thing to opponents who don't bleed, but use Double Edge. This is almost certainly the explanation.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    In general I avoid the matchup mainly due to mystic dispersion, but yeah sp2 armour break will trigger the degen and refreshing it will continue it for a long time
  • Options
    WhitewindWhitewind Posts: 17
    This happened to me a couple times also in war. Came to see if anyone else saw it before. My alleymate also guessed this was because of suicides as well. But if it's because of suicides at the start of the fight why does it happen since the bleed should apply before the magnetism?
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★

There’s your explanation
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    Magneto is not who you wanna bring against dragon man
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Magneto is not who you wanna bring against dragon man

Magnrto against DM is not a problem. Magneto easily takes care of DM unless he is in rage node which can limit sp3 damage. You just need 1 sp3 to finish the fight. This interaction is a bug that needs to be looked into.
  • Options
    BlôdletterBlôdletter Posts: 444 ★★★
    This is NOT a bug, it happened to me one war ago. DM had suicide, I had Magneto, turned out he had bleed on, which is instantly turned to armor break, for the duration of double edge. Drained about half of my HP
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Dragon Man OP
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,120 ★★★★★
    It's a bug because Magnetism intentionally was designed to not trigger at start of fight so Mags cannot turn nodes off. So, it stands to reason that an immune callout should happen at start of fight instead of an armor break imo.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

This is NOT a bug, it happened to me one war ago. DM had suicide, I had Magneto, turned out he had bleed on, which is instantly turned to armor break, for the duration of double edge. Drained about half of my HP

You have no idea how magneto works, do you?
  • Options
    Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    I used him today, no problems. I think it was a mini, but I forget. No sp2, heavy to sp3 did the job.
  • Options
    BlôdletterBlôdletter Posts: 444 ★★★
    edited April 2021
    Pulyaman said:

You have no idea how magneto works, do you?
    Actually, yeah, you were right, he would AB other immune characters too otherwise