**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Heavy connects on 1st hit but 2nd hit is resisted?!

13»

Comments

• MarcusUnreadMarcusUnread Posts: 143

You can make quips about whether I play or not, but I've been playing for 6 years, and I've seen the Resist trigger at different times. I've explained it, Kabam has responded on it, not sure what more can be said.

I do make quips. Because you seem out of touch with the entire player base often.

What more can be said is that some champs, to include She-Hulk, Void, DDHK, VP and likely others, have bugged heavies.

What more can be said is: Yes those champs have bugged heavies or no those champs’ heavies are working as intended within this SYG interaction I’ve demonstrated in this post. Has to be one or the other right?
    Zibiit confirmed that this is working as intended in another Thread. Was that not sufficient as per your question?

Quite frankly no, it isn’t sufficient. How long has Zibiit been playing this game?
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

If all you're interested in doing is calling me names, and you don't even agree with those who work for Kabam themselves, then I'm not the one being controversial here. There's no reason to further dis

Amms90 said:

You can make quips about whether I play or not, but I've been playing for 6 years, and I've seen the Resist trigger at different times. I've explained it, Kabam has responded on it, not sure what more can be said.

I do make quips. Because you seem out of touch with the entire player base often.

What more can be said is that some champs, to include She-Hulk, Void, DDHK, VP and likely others, have bugged heavies.

What more can be said is: Yes those champs have bugged heavies or no those champs’ heavies are working as intended within this SYG interaction I’ve demonstrated in this post. Has to be one or the other right?
    Zibiit confirmed that this is working as intended in another Thread. Was that not sufficient as per your question?
    That's true but there's many of us who disagree with that statement given the fact the interaction doesn't work the same for all champs and above all else it's really nonsensical that you resist my block breaking hit with your block while you're not blocking anymore lol
    Honest question here, suppose champion A us doing a multi hit heavy on champion B. If due to some mechanic , champion A gets stunned in the middle of the heavy, how long would champion B be unable to make a move? ie, how long till Champion B is able to block again? Note that the stun in champion A is atleast 30 seconds

Champion A is mid-heavy upon Champion B. Champion A is then stunned for 30 secs by “some mechanic” during his own heavy.
    Champion B is in hit stun from the heavy inflicted by Champion A for the full duration of Champion A’s heavy, whatever that duration may be, as it varies from champ to champ.
    But that isn't how the game works though champs don't know which champs hit them and /or how long they are supposed to have been hit.

Would your mechanic of being stunned for full duration of an action extend to normal combos? Why? Why not?

Quite frankly no, it isn’t sufficient. How long has Zibiit been playing this game?
    You realize it's not ziibits personal opinion about SYG but the response from game devs and they're literally all about how the game should work

You realize it's not ziibits personal opinion about SYG but the response from game devs and they're literally all about how the game should work
    The game “should” have a lot of mechanics that work correctly but we all know that isn’t the case. Hence the ongoing, liberal compensation to all of us players over the last… months.

edited March 2022

Amms90 said:

That's true but there's many of us who disagree with that statement given the fact the interaction doesn't work the same for all champs and above all else it's really nonsensical that you resist my block breaking hit with your block while you're not blocking anymore lol
    Honest question here, suppose champion A us doing a multi hit heavy on champion B. If due to some mechanic , champion A gets stunned in the middle of the heavy, how long would champion B be unable to make a move? ie, how long till Champion B is able to block again? Note that the stun in champion A is atleast 30 seconds

Champion A is mid-heavy upon Champion B. Champion A is then stunned for 30 secs by “some mechanic” during his own heavy.
    Champion B is in hit stun from the heavy inflicted by Champion A for the full duration of Champion A’s heavy, whatever that duration may be, as it varies from champ to champ.
    I answered your question here. What was your response to my answer? I’m curious know where you were going with this.
    @AverageDesi

Amms90 said:

I answered your question here. What was your response to my answer? I’m curious know where you were going with this.
    @AverageDesi
    I did respond. Some formatting error pit it in a qouted message

The game “should” have a lot of mechanics that work correctly but we all know that isn’t the case. Hence the ongoing, liberal compensation to all of us players over the last… months.

Yeah but the parry issues are acknowledged as an issue unlike syg which is treated as intended
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,209 ★★★★★
    I agree SYG is working as intended.
    Just some champs heavies are inconsistent. The recovery chance provided by a champion's heavy attack is causing SYG to come into play.

If a champion heavy doesn't allow the opponent to recover, SYG won't trigger

Try to recover from Nick furys heavy attack. His third hit is so slow, I can go to moon and come back before it's execution, and yet it'll still connect.
    edited March 2022
    Hey @MarcusUnread

This is the comment I made in some post few months ago.

I think this resist interaction has nothing related to SYG.
    Can you test out some said champs and Dex out of their heavy, without triggering SYG.
    That'll make things more clear in here.
    Btw rocket was almost on his side of the wall when this happened.
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    For all those folks that have no clue what they are talking about. Let's put it simply, if you get hit, can you expect to be hit with a 2,3,4, or 5 hit combo? Or are you somehow able to RE block? If you fail on a multi hit heavy, you are no longer blocking. The BLOCK has been broken already, all successive hits should score.
    As far as the syg and ai recovery, ai can block nearly a third of the multi hit combo heavies. Summoners, 10%

Yeah but the parry issues are acknowledged as an issue unlike syg which is treated as intended
    So if it unacknowledged doesn't happen? We all know that's not true.
    I use to use void a ton, my masteries are still defaulted for it, caiw too. But with the recovery speed that is going on now... a multi hit heavy is dicey at best. For the people who can't figure out the logic, if I hit you once, you are no longer blocking.... you are getting hit.
    Have you ever been Able to take a 5 hit combo in the face and block the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th hit? That's the point.
    IF YOU GET HIT, YOU ARE NO LONGER BLOCKING. End of story. Not sure why this is going on for days. It seems pretty cut and dried.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    It'd be great to get an official response from Kabam on this. I know several players including myself who are using Shulk more this season b/c of the new changes to the AW tactics.

Is this considered a bug? If so, can we get a rough timeline on when this can be fixed?

If it's not considered a bug, can we get an explanation on why this would be working as intended?

I started my arena round today and saw a rocket fight. Thus decided to try and replicate what I faced months ago during a fight.
    Here's a clear example of the recovery time we all are talking about.
    This just throws SYG out of the context on this whole issue.