**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ghost versus Stryfe

Fighting Stryfe in the monthly EQ and he is bypassing Ghosts miss mechanic when he uses Medium attacks.

As of the current spotlight and in game champion abilities, there is nothing listed in his kit allowing him to ignore miss.

Has anyone else experienced Stryfe bypassing Ghost miss mechanic?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Some of Stryfe's hits are considered Psionic Attacks, meaning they are similar to Emma Frost's Special Attack Projectiles, ignoring any Miss mechanics.
  • Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    edited January 2021

Some of Stryfe's hits are considered Psionic Attacks, meaning they are similar to Emma Frost's Special Attack Projectiles, ignoring any Miss mechanics.

I think the issue is with the text of his abilities .. nowwhere does it indicate "does not miss" or such .. only "cannot evade" ... fyi: Ghost does not "evade" ;)

As a ghost main, I didn't even bring her in vs him, because reading his abilities, (and nodes) I got distinct impression she wouldn't/shouldn't work .. so I'm not saying she should work .. I'm assuming his abilities are working as "intended" . just not working as "documented" ;)

[edit]
    just re-reading his info on auntm.ai

however, just noticed this part:

I find it hard to believe OP is waiting for his 4th light attack .. however, it is possible (i believe?) that that reduced ability accuracy could kick in?
    [/edit]
  • Options
    dot_ditto said:

I think the issue is with the text of his abilities .. nowwhere does it indicate "does not miss" or such .. only "cannot evade" ... fyi: Ghost does not "evade" ;)

As a ghost main, I didn't even bring her in vs him, because reading his abilities, (and nodes) I got distinct impression she wouldn't/shouldn't work .. so I'm not saying she should work .. I'm assuming his abilities are working as "intended" . just not working as "documented" ;)
    Yeah, it should be clarified. Without clarification, you would have to have read the Emma Frost Spotlight to know that Psychic/Psionic hits ignore Miss.
  • Options
    dot_ditto said:

[edit]
    just re-reading his info on auntm.ai

however, just noticed this part:

I find it hard to believe OP is waiting for his 4th light attack .. however, it is possible (i believe?) that that reduced ability accuracy could kick in?
    [/edit]
    I don't think that Passive Concussions allow champions to bypass Miss mechanics but only to reduce the chance that said mechanics trigger.
  • Options
    WHOz_R4GEWHOz_R4GE Posts: 239 ★★
    It was immediate on first medium to start fight, not on the fourth light attack. If it is truly due to Psionic blasts bypassing Miss, then the description should be updated to reflect this in my opinion.
  • Options
    OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    Can we please just add this information to his description?

We shouldn’t be required to go search a champions spotlight (let alone a different champion than who you’re facing) to find out about this.

Just add the information to the champs abilities. It was bad enough with Emma. Just fix it.